Congrats to LBJ for his 3rd MVP

i am saying...

we have 2 active players right now who has already accomplish everything (kobe and duncan) fighting for that top five spot and lebron gets mentioned being top 3.......

and i do like lebron a lot but his game is heavily based on his athleticism. in 5 years his athleticism will die out so he better start winning now cause i dont think he is the fineness type of player given his physique

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by Swamp

Originally Posted by Physicx
dude has no jumper, not a great handle, no post game.... dude is the product of david stern's officiating and HGH
you OBVIOUSLY haven't watched dude play in 3-4 years.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rocky437

the way lebron plays the game > then how kobe plays it, not doubt about it. 

That's debatable. I kinda dig kobe's style, facing double teams and still splashing.

Originally Posted by Rocky437

the way lebron plays the game > then how kobe plays it, not doubt about it. 

Fitz s just a dumb statement considering both have different games....lebron is pretty much anover sized PG and sets his teammates up...Kobe is a pure SG who scores for them and is the go to guyIn clutch situations

Originally Posted by tyisny

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

10+ all nba first team AND defensive team
2+ more mvps
2+ dpoy
2-3 rings

assuming he accomplishes them all
that would make him a top 3 player of all time..
wouldnt you say that is bold?
10+ all nba first team AND defensive team - Already Done
1 MVP/ 2 Finals MVP's - Already Done
5 Rings (already No made up !$%@) - Already Done

Top 5 NBA scoring list - Already Done (Should finish # 3 at least)

Already Done By Kobe Bryant (Who might I add is still looking pretty Good for an "old man"

So even if All of this imaginary stuff does happen forget Mike, Kareem, Magic etc...that still leaves him lookin up at Kobe so pleaseeeeeeeeeee tell me why you would think he's going to be top 2/3 ever please.

and were not even gonna get into the legacy's & Reps that also come along With grading the greatest ever & AORN he is known for "not showing up in big moments"
You are aware Lebron has already surpassed Kobe's regular season accomplishments already right? 3 MVPs to 1 MVP. And he's only 27, while Kobe has 3 years left max. When it's all said and done, LBJ will have 5-6 MVPs + 1-2 DPOYs to Kobe 1 MVP and 0 DPOY. 
What separates Lebron from Kobe in terms of legacy is Finals MVP. Kobe has 5 rings, but only 2 where he was the MVP of those teams. So it's safe to say if Lebron wins 2 Finals MVP, he will surpass Kobe pretty damn easily.

Anyways, Lebron isn't targeting Kobe. Kobe will end up around top 8-12. With all these MVPs now, and with the championships only missing, he's targeting the top 3 spot. 

Originally Posted by sStutter

Originally Posted by knightngale

top 2-3 all time
roll.gif
for a dude that had to team up with 2 other  franchise players to have a chance at a ring
Is Chris Bosh really a franchise player though? 
laugh.gif
 Tell me Bosh and Wade are better than Scottie and Worm...
Bosh and Wade are better than Scottie and Worm.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by sStutter

Originally Posted by knightngale

top 2-3 all time
roll.gif
for a dude that had to team up with 2 other  franchise players to have a chance at a ring
Is Chris Bosh really a franchise player though? 
laugh.gif
 Tell me Bosh and Wade are better than Scottie and Worm...
Bosh and Wade are better than Scottie and Worm.
Wade is better than Scottie. But Worm >>>>> Bosh. Bosh can't even average 10 rebounds a game in the damn East. 

Originally Posted by nyk buc

2+ more mvps
2+ dpoy
2-3 rings

Already Done By Kobe Bryant (Who might I add is still looking pretty Good for an "old man"

So even if All of this imaginary stuff does happen forget Mike, Kareem, Magic etc...that still leaves him lookin up at Kobe so pleaseeeeeeeeeee tell me why you would think he's going to be top 2/3 ever please.

and were not even gonna get into the legacy's & Reps that also come along With grading the greatest ever & AORN he is known for "not showing up in big moments"
You are aware Lebron has already surpassed Kobe's regular season accomplishments already right? 3 MVPs to 1 MVP. And he's only 27, while Kobe has 3 years left max. When it's all said and done, LBJ will have 5-6 MVPs + 1-2 DPOYs to Kobe 1 MVP and 0 DPOY. 
What separates Lebron from Kobe in terms of legacy is Finals MVP. Kobe has 5 rings, but only 2 where he was the MVP of those teams. So it's safe to say if Lebron wins 2 Finals MVP, he will surpass Kobe pretty damn easily.

Anyways, Lebron isn't targeting Kobe. Kobe will end up around top 8-12. With all these MVPs now, and with the championships only missing, he's targeting the top 3 spot. 

So yea what your basically saying is you value stats over winning smart........ and BTW what might be the biggest regular season stat ever (Total Points he will never catch)
witht that said you are basing your opinion on the hope that someone casually wins 3-4 rings, 2Dpoy (which he has 0 as of today), and a light 2-3 MVP's 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Not to mention you discredit Kobe 3 rings because he wasn't finals MVP, but think Lebron deserves 3 more MVP's although he plays with a sure Fire HOF'er who also avgs ohhhh 25, 5, 5........ Fam your completely Delusional like COMPLETELY

So yea what your basically saying is you value stats over winning smart........ and BTW what might be the biggest regular season stat ever (Total Points he will never catch)
witht that said you are basing your opinion on the hope that someone casually wins 3-4 rings, 2Dpoy (which he has 0 as of today), and a light 2-3 MVP's 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Not to mention you discredit Kobe 3 rings because he wasn't finals MVP, but think Lebron deserves 3 more MVP's although he plays with a sure Fire HOF'er who also avgs ohhhh 25, 5, 5........ Fam your completely Delusional like COMPLETELY

so much this

2+ more mvps
2+ dpoy
2-3 rings

roll.gif
even nash surpasses kobe in regular season mvp's

your IFs are
roll.gif

some dude mentioned a few pages ago that Lebron is as talented or more talented than Jordan
alien.gif

lebron is pure athleticism+great passing and vision and mediocre shooting and ball handling

dude will be looking like a 6'8'' jason kidd in his 30s when his athleticism is done

Why the *$@@ does Kobe & LeBron have to constantly be compared. .. let's be appreciated that these are the two best basketball players of this post-Jordan generation...

Damn. One day they won't be playing anymore, and you're gonna wonder why you wished failure (unless against your team)

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Why the *$@@ does Kobe & LeBron have to constantly be compared. .. let's be appreciated that these are the two best basketball players of this post-Jordan generation...

Damn. One day they won't be playing anymore, and you're gonna wonder why you wished failure (unless against your team)

I never said I don't appreciate Lebron He's an amzing talent but its total disrespect to those who played amazingly for years to simply be placed on the backburner for somebody who has yet to Really prove Himself (In terms of the greats)
stop anointing people titles they dont deserve 

It is well deserved. But you feel for Durant. three scoring titles in a row and still no mvp...

Originally Posted by Jay Gutta

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

One day, we'll look back at Derrick Rose's MVP last year with the same type of confusion that we currently look at Nash's 2 MVPs.

How MVP voters can completely ignore the defensive side of the ball just baffles me.

What do you mean one day? Already happened. 

Please, if D.Rose didn't struggle with injuries all year he would have won MVP again. He could have won for many years to come if hadn't had that terrible injury. Now the door is open James and Durant to gobble them up. No salt, I love Lebron. Jus saiyan....
indifferent.gif

DRose is a great player, top 10 player today for sure, but think about this: when people name their starting 5 for the 2012 Summer Team, you rarely see anyone put Rose over Deron or CP3. And this was before Rose got hit with the injury bug. If you don't believe me go a few pages back and find the Team USA thread. There's even a growing number of people who would rather have Westbrook over Rose on that squad. The fact that Rose isn't even generally accepted as the best PG in the game is enough for your last statement to be erroneous. 

If you really think MVP = best player on the team with the best record, then sure...you're right... But I have never believed in that definition of the MVP. I am from the camp that believes the NBA MVP should go to the best player in the league and the only hard fast rule is that the MVP cannot be from a team with a losing record.... So yes, I believe Kobe should have more than 1. I believe LeBron should be going for his 5th straight MVP next year. 

I'm not trying to point to a few games but did you see LeBron lock down Rose in last year's playoffs? Held him to like 10% shooting 
sick.gif
. Has Rose ever gotten a vote for All-Defensive team...let alone votes for Defensive Player of the Year? When LeBron left the Cavs, they became the worst team in NBA history. When Rose played half a season this year on 1 leg, the Bulls still ended up with the #1 overall seed.

I'm not sure in what ways you think Rose is better than LeBron...in highlight layups? 

and 
indifferent.gif
 @ Super Saiyan...really?

This man is nothing short of amazing. Whether LeBreezy wins a ring this year or not, we all have to realize how special this man is. Recognize what he has done for the entertainment of the league and basketball itself. 3 MVP's though!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Jay Gutta

One day, we'll look back at Derrick Rose's MVP last year with the same type of confusion that we currently look at Nash's 2 MVPs.

How MVP voters can completely ignore the defensive side of the ball just baffles me.

What do you mean one day? Already happened. 

Please, if D.Rose didn't struggle with injuries all year he would have won MVP again. He could have won for many years to come if hadn't had that terrible injury. Now the door is open James and Durant to gobble them up. No salt, I love Lebron. Jus saiyan....
indifferent.gif

DRose is a great player, top 10 player today for sure, but think about this: when people name their starting 5 for the 2012 Summer Team, you rarely see anyone put Rose over Deron or CP3. And this was before Rose got hit with the injury bug. If you don't believe me go a few pages back and find the Team USA thread. There's even a growing number of people who would rather have Westbrook over Rose on that squad. The fact that Rose isn't even generally accepted as the best PG in the game is enough for your last statement to be erroneous. 

If you really think MVP = best player on the team with the best record, then sure...you're right... But I have never believed in that definition of the MVP. I am from the camp that believes the NBA MVP should go to the best player in the league and the only hard fast rule is that the MVP cannot be from a team with a losing record.... So yes, I believe Kobe should have more than 1. I believe LeBron should be going for his 5th straight MVP next year. 

I'm not trying to point to a few games but did you see LeBron lock down Rose in last year's playoffs? Held him to like 10% shooting 
sick.gif
. Has Rose ever gotten a vote for All-Defensive team...let alone votes for Defensive Player of the Year? When LeBron left the Cavs, they became the worst team in NBA history. When Rose played half a season this year on 1 leg, the Bulls still ended up with the #1 overall seed.

I'm not sure in what ways you think Rose is better than LeBron...in highlight layups? 

and 
indifferent.gif
 @ Super Saiyan...really?

Never said D.Rose was better than Lebron. We all know Lebron is better, but D.Rose has a great team and great coach around him and he is fearless. Don't discount Rose's mvp because he did some amazing things that year. Rose's stats against other pgs:

name PPGFG%AssistsPGFT%3P%
Derrick Rose (CHI)25*44.5%7.785.8%33.2%

Russell Westbrook (KC)21.944.2%8.284.2%33%
Chris Paul (NO)15.846.3%9.887.8%38.8%
Deron Williams (NJN)20.143.9%10.384.5%33.1%
Rajon Rondo (BOS)10.647.5%11.256.8%23.3%
Steve Nash (PHX)14.749.2%11.4*91.2%*39.5%*
Tony Parker (SA)17.551.9%*6.677%35.7%

He ranked seventh in scoring and 10th in assists, making him the only player this season in the top 10 in both categories. The only other Bulls player to do that was Jordan in 1988-89, when he led the league in scoring (32.5 points) and finished 10th in assists.

Dont downplay Rose's role with the bulls. He played in the playoffs last year and the team went all the way to the ECF. He gets hurt this year and the Bulls lose to the Sixers in the first round. The Team USA thing was a cheap shot. We all know Rose wouldn't be the best fit as he is not a "true" pass-first/setup other players type of point guard. Westbrook over Rose is laughable. Imagine Rose coming off the bench in the Olympics and absolutely lighting it up. I know Lebron did a great job on him in the ECF, but don't act like my dude didn't rip the Hawks heart out when he put 44 on em!

Keith Bogans started in the backcourt with D.Rose all 82 games last year and averaged 4.4PPG!! Do you know who Keith Bogans is? Didn't think so. Boozer and Noah missed considerable amounts of time and D.Rose still led his team to the best record.

Keith Bogans????????

And he is not the best PG?????

Back
Top Bottom