Consensus on flu shot?

Flu shot?

• Yes

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters
i havent gotten one in years but my company sent an email that they providing with shots this year.

Yall getting shots?
Or is there no point in getting the shot

Never had it. Don't really see the point when I know some folks who had it and didn't end up getting the flu of course but had some nasty flu-like symptoms (nausea, fever, ...) from the shot itself. That's just an anecdote though, I don't know how common such side effects from the shot itself actually are.

I essentially have to get the flu shot because I work in healthcare. If I don't, I'm forced to wear a mask for the entire flu season.

I get the flu shot because I feel it's important that I do my part to keep myself safe as well as the individuals I care for. There are a few people that work with me that wear the mask, but none of them are particularly bright individuals and they don't exactly have the best reasons for refusing to get the shot. One thing I've noticed is that I've never seen a doctor wearing a mask during flu season.

If you have an egg allergy, a history of Guillain-Barre Syndrome, or a history of serious adverse reactions to vaccines, then by all means don't get the flu shot. If you don't fall into those categories, your reasons for why you shouldn't get it probably aren't all that good.

If you're young and never get sick, and you're not around kids or at risk people (elderly, cancer patients), you probably don't need one.

If they're lining up people at work for flu shots and you're not there, you're gonna get the stank eye. :lol:

I got one last year for the 1st time since they were "required"/given out when i was grade school (29 at the time) ..

Really only getting it because I have a 4 month old

Never got a shot and don't care to. Anytime I've gotten the flu it clears up within a week. I can "work from home" when I'm sick.

Get one every year, haven't grown extra ears yet. I also work in a hospital so I have no real choice in the matter. :lol:

I never get it because I always experience "flu-like symptoms" for weeks at a time.

I'd rather just get the real flu instead of having to get a shot and "experiencing" the flu anyway.

If you are elderly or will be around kids alot, you should get one

If you are in good health and exercise and not really prone to sickness, up to you

I've passed a few years cause I'm not around kids and I'm pretty healthy

Gladiator thumbs down.gif

If you're young and healthy a Flu shot is unnecessary imo. I think it should be reserved for the sick, immunocompromised, elderly, health workers and like someone mentioned above people who are around children eg. teachers.

Havent had one in years. Exercise, eat healthy, drink plenty of water and carry hand sanitizer and you'll be alright.

I get them. Can't remember the last time I had the flu.

I catch a cold couple times a year but that's it. *shrugs

Last edited:
Might get one this year. Didn't know some people experienced flu-like symptoms for a week.

Got the fu last year and felt awful for a week.

Back
Top Bottom