Courtside Magic fan demands apology from 'Big Baby' Davis

Originally Posted by f3DJam

dang man, your courtside, quit complaining

sometimes you get pushed by big baby, sometimes you get hit with a haymaker from JO. it is what it is
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

that's like sitting in the front row dow the third base line and being pissed about getting hit with a fly ball. You are close enough to the court whereyou are a part of the game.

I don't buy that "they stay on their side of the line, we stay on our side," either. what happens if someone lands on you trying to save a ballfrom going out of bounds? You assume a risk my sitting down there. What big $$$%* did wasn't malicious, dude is just salty..

Davis sorry for bumping 12-year-old fan

WALTHAM, Mass. -- Boston Celtics forward Glen Davis apologized Tuesday for bumping a 12-year-old boy while celebrating his game-winning shot against the Orlando Magic.

Davis said he got emotional and didn't see the boy as he turned and ran to the Celtics bench to celebrate his 21-foot jumper that gave the Celtics a 95-94 win over the Magic on Sunday. It tied the second-round playoff series at 2-2.

"If I've hurt anybody or if I've done any harm to anybody, please forgive me because my intentions were just harmless," he said.

Video of the play shows the 6-foot-9, 289-pound Davis ducking behind a referee and stepping out of bounds before appearing to place a hand in the small of the boy's back. The boy took a step back and his hat fell off.

If he had realized he made contact with the boy, Davis said he would have tried to make him feel better.

The boy's father wrote the NBA office demanding an apology.

Ernest Provetti, who identified the boy as his son, Nicholas, said Davis had "no regard for fans' personal safety."

Game 5 is Tuesday night in Boston.

I still think an apology was completely unnecessary, but whatever.

Had it been Rafer Alston slapping his son's head after a game winning shot by the Magic, this clown would have nothing to say....

I donno what Big Baby Davis was thinking.. not sure if he really needs to put his hand on the kid and push but tthen again maybe I just run differently.

No apology needed IMO but nice of baby to give it anyway

After watching PTI, I think everyone is satisfied and it is all good. Guy admitted he was over-zealous, and Big Baby apologized as well, so all is good

Back
Top Bottom