CRAIGSLIST FLAKES???????

Another good one was when I sold my Jordan collection a few years back. I had a guy hit me up and we agreed on a price for my olympic 7s. We were going to meet a few days later at a mall about an hour from my house. He texted me the night before to make sure everything was still cool and to get the address of the mall. The next day as I was walking out the door to go, something in my head told me to text the guy again and double check before I left. He hits me back and said yea he was about to leave, but he wasn't going to pay the price we agreed on. He wanted me to knock like $50 or $60 off of the shoes. I told him to kick rocks. I was just glad i didn't drive all the way there before he tried to pull that.

I can't even count the amount of times I've had someone on craigslist ask if I still had a shoe available and then immediately ask what size and how much they were when I respond. I don't get it. All of that information is listed in the exact same ad they saw the shoe in and got my number from.

Some don't bother to read and it's also used as silly tactic in order to get a lower price.

NEVER drive more than 15-20 mins for a CL meet up.

Last edited:
Another good one was when I sold my Jordan collection a few years back. I had a guy hit me up and we agreed on a price for my olympic 7s. We were going to meet a few days later at a mall about an hour from my house. He texted me the night before to make sure everything was still cool and to get the address of the mall. The next day as I was walking out the door to go, something in my head told me to text the guy again and double check before I left. He hits me back and said yea he was about to leave, but he wasn't going to pay the price we agreed on. He wanted me to knock like $50 or $60 off of the shoes. I told him to kick rocks. I was just glad i didn't drive all the way there before he tried to pull that.

That's why you have them come to you.

Let them try and haggle in person after a price is agreed on and a simple "your the one who spent time and gas money coming to me, don't like the price we agreed on then kick rocks".

You going to them gives them the leverage to try and pull some funny crap as they know you took time and gas money to come to them.

I usually meet at my local mall, but if I remember correctly dude lived pretty far and this mall was about half way. You're right though.

On my listings. I always offer to ship the item if they don't feel like coming to me and I usually include my ebay link on my listings so they can see I'm legit.

If that doesn't convince them then no deal unless they come to me. Too many hassle pain buyers to deal with on there

I HATE DEALING WITH GOONS ON CRAIGSLIST.

IT'S SO DAMN ANNOYING.  PEOPLE ARE SO INDECISIVE AND FLAKE WHEN THE DEAL ABOUT TO GO THROUGH.

TALK IS CHEAP.

On my listings. I always offer to ship the item if they don't feel like coming to me and I usually include my ebay link on my listings so they can see I'm legit.

That's a charge back/item not as described scam waiting to happen.

And a invite for messages like these

is your item still available from sale so what is the actual condition for it and how long have you been using it?

Last edited:
Here is one of my recent ones. I threw the shoes online just to chill. Not trying to sell them fast.

And this , the "Oh I can't meet up" then texts days later

Or what about Mister ask 50 questions then low ball you

Or the set up a deal and never respond guy

Or what about Mr. Broke ?

Trust me . by now I know who is serious.

:lol: The "what the lowest you'll go" tactic irritates me so much, its like wtf I already set a price,if you don't want to pay that price, make an offer, don't be a p**** and try to have me negotiate against myself.

Last edited:
The worst is this:

Buyer: ill buy your Jordan 11 for 250
Me:wow:k cool meet at mall?
Buyer ok on my way
Me: hey man I'm here
Buyer: ok down the street, hey bro I only have 240 is that cool?

I know it's only 10 dollar difference but its the principle. I woulda been cool just selling for 240 instead of them agreeing to 250 then trying to angle me. Happened to me 2 times! Once I didn't care because he drove all the way to me like 45 mins. 2nd time I told the guy to move around.

The last time I sold something on there, it ended up being to a narc. He said he wears "**** like this" to drug deals to blend in.

What I hate the most when selling is the people that think they're your friend or something afterwards/during. Asking me what I think about this shoe or that shoe.

I've bought and sold a few shoes on Craigslist but it seems like more than half of the time people on there are super flakes.

You'll agree to a deal but then they never follow up

Is there a certain way to handle transactions to improve the success rate?

What techniques do y'all use to avoid flaking?

I've been buying dumbbell sets on craigslist. Run into some weirdos here and there, but overall I've saved a lot of $.

As a seller, I usually give the buyer a 1/2 hour window to show up so them flaking minimizes the inconvenience. Also, have the meeting spot close to your place. Talk to them on the phone. It's easier for people to flake when you're communicating with them via e-mail. Simply stated, be in control of the transaction.

Smh jus had one flake on me. Agreed on price. Time to pick up and everything.
Texted them asking if they were still on ....
"I'm going to have to pass"

Didn't even respond back...

But luckily being a veteran ... I always over sell.. Usually get 3-4 commits on a item. They can't do anything if I say it's not available

Smh jus had one flake on me. Agreed on price. Time to pick up and everything.
Texted them asking if they were still on ....
"I'm going to have to pass"

Didn't even respond back...

This happened to me also, I really don't understand people. The sad part is, I was the buyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom