Credit Card question

i currently got 1 Credit Card, paid off...my credit history is good.

Capitol One has sent me 5 offers within the last month or 2

i don't need another card, but would it be beneficial to take this Capitol one Offer?

well, would it improve my credit even more, if i got 2 cards going on at once?

i only use the cards for essential things, and then pay 'em off as soon as i can.

Good strategy...well, I guess it's your call. It depends on how much you buy. If you're good at payin em offon time, I don't see the harm.

Depending on what your looking to do in the future some things require a couple credit lines (meaning checking, credit card, savings etc) open establish acredit background but it is ultimately up to you

never buy into offers sent to you from the mail.

if you think you can handle or even need another cc head to boa or wells fargo, or whoever your banking with

Originally Posted by desent

Depending on what your looking to do in the future some things require a couple credit lines (meaning checking, credit card, savings etc) open establish a credit background but it is ultimately up to you
exactly...for instance, sometimes when you buy or refinance a house, you need a minimum of 2 or 3 credit lines to show up on your credit.here's a breakdown of categories that go into your fico score:

ce_scorebreakdown.png

i'm 20, the card i do have was in debt around $1000, and i paid it off nicely.

i'm pretty straight when it comes to finances...

Look at the terms and what the card offers.. APR, bonus points/rewards, 0% promotions 6-12 months etc..

Cap One is honestly a crap sub-prime lender, but they have a few cards with good terms, and rewards, and also if you travel out of the country their cards have0% foreign exchange fees..

I still have a Cap One visa (never use it).

Downside Cap One pulls all three major credit bureaus as opposed to other lenders only pulling one.. So 1 inquiry on each report across the board.

Back
Top Bottom