Crime movies: Boston vs. New York vs. Los Angeles....let's keep it to the past 15-20 years...

NY for me cause I'm biased.. but Boston has come on strong recently.. a lot of classics. I've really enjoyed Boston based films.

I would add Empire, Summer of Sam, We Own The Night for New York.. ill think of more.

NY for me cause I'm biased.. but Boston has come on strong recently.. a lot of classics. I've really enjoyed Boston based films.

I would add Empire, Summer of Sam, We Own The Night for New York.. ill think of more.

In my opinion, one of the reasons why New York films haven't been on point the last few years is because they don't make proper use of the city.

Scorsese made you feel what it was like to be in Boston in The Departed. Same thing for Boyz n the Hood and Los Angeles.

The next time someone decides to make an NYC-based crime film, they should watch Serpico fifty times and then go shoot it.

In my opinion, one of the reasons why New York films haven't been on point the last few years is because they don't make proper use of the city.

Scorsese made you feel what it was like to be in Boston in The Departed. Same thing for Boyz n the Hood and Los Angeles.

The next time someone decides to make an NYC-based crime film, they should watch Serpico fifty times and then go shoot it.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

King of New York for the NY list..thought about this earlier, couldnt remember the name

Ricochet is a solid gem for LA

One of my fav. Denzel joints
How is this slept on...this is where most NY rappers got there influence to be King of NY...Biggie with da Frank White
541frontal7.jpg

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

King of New York for the NY list..thought about this earlier, couldnt remember the name

Ricochet is a solid gem for LA

One of my fav. Denzel joints
How is this slept on...this is where most NY rappers got there influence to be King of NY...Biggie with da Frank White
541frontal7.jpg

Just saw The Town...late pass...Heat is a lil bit better kuz of the legendary actors and its got like a cat and mouse chase to it...but i got another movie to add to the Boston crime list...Bluehill Avenue
60033086.jpg

Just saw The Town...late pass...Heat is a lil bit better kuz of the legendary actors and its got like a cat and mouse chase to it...but i got another movie to add to the Boston crime list...Bluehill Avenue
60033086.jpg

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Watching Donnie Brasco right now

great film, they have the documentary of the film on national geographic channel, great stuff

they had the real donnie brasco on and he was saying how they still have a bounty on him till this day. dude is on witness protection and always watching his back

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Watching Donnie Brasco right now

great film, they have the documentary of the film on national geographic channel, great stuff

they had the real donnie brasco on and he was saying how they still have a bounty on him till this day. dude is on witness protection and always watching his back

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

The potential for Chicago > *
JRS....what u got (as far as Chi) for the past 15-20 years? 
There haven't been many great ones like New York, but the backdrop it plays in most of these movies shows how perfect it would be if Hollywood ever decided to return to Chicago for crime films.

Primal Fear
I, Robot
Road to Perdition
Public Enemies
Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
you cant claim batman cause it was filmed there.  it takes place in gotham city not chciago
btw LA ftw

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

The potential for Chicago > *
JRS....what u got (as far as Chi) for the past 15-20 years? 
There haven't been many great ones like New York, but the backdrop it plays in most of these movies shows how perfect it would be if Hollywood ever decided to return to Chicago for crime films.

Primal Fear
I, Robot
Road to Perdition
Public Enemies
Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
you cant claim batman cause it was filmed there.  it takes place in gotham city not chciago
btw LA ftw

I'm from LA but they coming in 34rd behind NY and Boston in this one. Some of my favorite movies in the discussions from both towns but with The Town recently coming out I may have to go with Boston. Btw, we all know how good The Departed is but I think Mystic River is slept on.

I'm from LA but they coming in 34rd behind NY and Boston in this one. Some of my favorite movies in the discussions from both towns but with The Town recently coming out I may have to go with Boston. Btw, we all know how good The Departed is but I think Mystic River is slept on.

LA
no love for Collateral? I know NT stays clowning Jamie's hairline but this movie was pretty good

collateral.jpg

NY
51ygUaoI-5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

LA
no love for Collateral? I know NT stays clowning Jamie's hairline but this movie was pretty good

collateral.jpg

NY
51ygUaoI-5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I really need to step up my crime movie knowledge.  This post seems like a g list of movies I need to watch
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom