Crucial call in the NY Vs. Pitt Game Vol. Ed Hochuli

Didn't Eli call 2 time outs back to back? 15 yard penalty should of been the call ... instead they call the delay of game and give him the 5 yard penalty.Didn't this happen to the skins last year with Joe Gibbs (Bills game)? Might not have had a difference on the outcome of the game. I think the Giants punton 4th and 16 though instead of going for it on 4th and 6.

Bad call
nerd.gif

eli didnt actually call it....if u watch the replay he goes 2 call it but stops and never makes the T motion I believe

What about when Pitts called for two penalties, a random one, and an offsides penalty. THEY WERE ON OFFENSE.
when you are on offense and you are offside/false start, the play ends immediatly. anyway it resulted in an interception. anyone wanna clear this up for me.

damn i though you were gonna mention that hit on mewelde on the sidelines. *!$# was that. "hit on a defense-less receiver On 3rd Down tho
grin.gif
. But my question is in that case you cant never hit a receiver until they turnand run like 5 yds because arent they always defense-less??

Originally Posted by thagreatj

What about when Pitts called for two penalties, a random one, and an offsides penalty. THEY WERE ON OFFENSE.
when you are on offense and you are offside/false start, the play ends immediatly. anyway it resulted in an interception. anyone wanna clear this up for me.
I was thinking the same thing. btw how do you line up offsides on offense??????

Cowboys fans lobbying hard to protest the game or something,
roll.gif

What about the $**$++#! unnecessary roughness on Kenny Philips? Steve Smith's jersey getting pulled on his route? Tuck getting held like crazy. The ballbreaking the plane on that Jacobs' "run". There were a ton more but I can't think of them now.

Either way, it was a poorly officiated game and the Giants were on the receiving end of a bunch of bad calls.

you can line up offsides on offense, and if it happens it doesn't stop the play immediately, it happens to wide receivers every now and again

Originally Posted by ddot7

Cowboys fans lobbying hard to protest the game or something,
roll.gif

What about the $**$++#! unnecessary roughness on Kenny Philips? Steve Smith's jersey getting pulled on his route? Tuck getting held like crazy. The ball breaking the plane on that Jacobs' "run". There were a ton more but I can't think of them now.

Either way, it was a poorly officiated game and the Giants were on the receiving end of a bunch of bad calls.
hey dont lump me into that BS. i asked a IMO legitimate question. When the offense false starts that play immediatly ends. it didnt for somereason. what was the reason?

You sure that was offsides? I thought it was an illegal formation call that went against Ward (he wasn't on the LOS).

Regardless, the game is over. But I get your point, I sometimes wonder about these refs... when they have to confer for THAT long, maybe they just need tophone up the person in charge of making the rules/overseeing the refs. Because when something happens like in the Arizona/Cowboys game and the refs have noidea what the proper ruling should be... it feels a bit like ad-libbing to me.

Back
Top Bottom