Cubicle Life : VOL: OFFICE SPACE (DRAMA, BEEF, STORIES, TALES, et. al) - Share your work life

the company i work wants to have a good amount of people work remotely. the building lease is costing a ton of money and people are saying they are considering not renewing it. 

shame its a nice office too but a crappy location in downtown Bethesda. 14 floors you can see a good distance downtown DC. 

Before I went back to grad school, I worked in the corporate world for a few years. Culture was great. Had a boss that used me to connect to youth/black culture so i gave him jump drives of hiphop and he gave me basketball/football tickets. my other boss and i would sneak out early 1-2 times a week to play poker tourneys.

My coworkers had all the great stereotypes: washed up ex-MLB pitcher, female striving to be perceived as strong and equal to the men, hot young new manager, 35year old that acted like he was 25, arrogant guy that nobody liked. And that was just the management. Our employees ranged from Stanleys to the Dwights and all in between.

I once told one of my employees that I was fed up with him and I was ready to fire him, and he started sobbing, telling me his wife was cheating on him and he was out following her until 2am so thats why he was so tired at work, and it turned into me counseling some guy 20 years my senior, and him hugging me...i could go on for days.

Funny I was just looking at apartments in Alexandria/Arlington with the :x face. CP area ain't perfect but its far from the worst.

Reminds me of all the crime alerts we would get while at school. "Lone victim robbed at 3 am off Rt. 1..." :smh: Just use commonsense and you won't get caught slippin.

new girl (immediate coworker on my team) office lunch tomorrow but it falls on one of "work from home days"...to go or not to go?

im leaning towards not but i don't want to seem like a ****...blame my absence on car problems, possibly?...

Last edited:

new girl (immediate coworker on my team) office lunch tomorrow but it falls on one of "work from home days"...to go or not to go?

im leaning towards not but i don't want to seem like a ****...blame my absence on car problems, possibly?...
I've skipped every event that falls on a work from home day for me. IDC IDC IDC IDC, my work from home days are precious to me.

How do you guys go about taking your sick days? I swear some people are "sick" every other week which looks pretty sus

How do you guys go about taking your sick days? I swear some people are "sick" every other week which looks pretty sus
At my job its all in one pool of PTO days. I give them 48 hours in advance. 10 of my days roll over from one year to the next also. I started this year with 46 days off SMH

i accrue both vacay and sick days at different rates. right now, i'm sitting at 46 hours of sick days :x ...like how do i even use them without being too obvious?

I do security for an office building. I think I may count as an office job tho haha 3 monitors :smokin

Last edited:
new office renovations...

not a fan of the overhead lighting, wish it was softer, or there was much less of it...

that mix of natural light, overhead fluorescent bulbs (I'm assuming), white walls, and my computer monitors are probably going to cause some serious eye strain for me 
ohwell.gif

if they would have done hanging lights, or added darker colors it'd be easier to work...i think the office space below got it right in terms of mixing natural and artificial lighting, that brick wall also helps balance the lights as well...

Last edited:
my cubicle neighbor is probably mid 60s and he is currently fighting to stay awake/dozing off...i can see his head drop every few seconds and he is not scrolling/typing, not even doing any work 

my other coworker (well into her 70s) recently broke her hip by supposedly tripping over a seeing eye dog...im glad she is ok

this place might as well be a nursing home, the amount of people who have been here 30+ years is redic and i dont think they are going anywhere time soon 

Last edited:
What kinda place is this where you can just switch it up and decide to work from home
mine is like that but i was called out by my current product manager, asking if i was even working since i worked from home a day i normally come in...
mad.gif

my old product manager didnt care if i came in or not, didnt show up to the office for 3 months at one point in time...
laugh.gif

so i think a coworker of mine has narcolepsy...out of my peripheral vision, i can see his head droop every few mins and he recovers a min later...

Been in some dope office environments in the past 5 years. But i've also been on the other spectrum where i've had to deal with some of the laziest individuals and cutthroat managers. Still, the individuals and circumstances i've encountered have been memorable.

Last edited:
This lady who is my cubicle neighbor keeps farting and her stomach is growling. She needs to go to the bathroom and handle business. She doesn't like using our bathrooms at work so I'll prob have to listen to her farts and stomach growling all day. Our company provided breakfast today and we had banging breakfast burritos. I dropped my load earlier and I feel better but this lady has to suffer all day because she doesn't use public bathrooms.

Disgusting how many dudes don't put toilet paper on the seat , they just sit bare bottom with no care in the world, poop then don't even wash their hands then back to work

Last edited:
I use no paper cover on the seat when I go.

I wipe it down or make sure there's nothing on there but I'm not one to worry about it.

There's more germs on the door handles and in the air than is on the seat, man.

I hear people in the bathroom next to me grab toilet paper and start rubbing something. Not sure what is going on 

Back
Top Bottom