Curb Your Enthusiasm S10 - 'The Spite Store' 3/22

Someone told me Happy New Years yesterday. I was like seriously, you’re a month late with it. :lol:

I’m in the midst of working a deal on a new car and have been going back and forth via text with a dealer. We couldn’t come to the right numbers so the convo ended cordially with the guy telling me Happy New Years—and yep, it was yesterday. As soon as I saw that I literally lol’ed. Fam, it’s damn near February! FOH! :lol:

Episode was meh. Am I the only one that's a more centered focus on Larry's wealth this season?
I mean everyone knows he's rich. But it was never casted out in the open, at least that I can recall.

This season he's driving a BMW, he decides to open a whole coffeeshop on a whim just out of spite. The receptionist tells him that he doesn't really need to worry about getting his parking validated, and of course Jeff saying he can still play the field because he's rich.

Maybe I'm looking too much into it. But it was very noticeable to me.

Episode was meh. Am I the only one that's a more centered focus on Larry's wealth this season?
I mean everyone knows he's rich. But it was never casted out in the open, at least that I can recall.

This season he's driving a BMW, he decides to open a whole coffeeshop on a whim just out of spite. The receptionist tells him that he doesn't really need to worry about getting his parking validated, and of course Jeff saying he can still play the field because he's rich.

You're equal parts "looking too much into it" while turning a blind eye to other instances where he's shown his wealth. He drove a Lexus in previous seasons, the HBO exec told him to "go buy a shrimp boat with his $400 million" in the episode where he accused him of stealing the garlic shrimp, he was a partner in a restaurant with a bunch of other celebrities for an entire season, he made a $5K bet with an accupuncturist and then gave a dude he stopped talking to decades ago another $5K in the same day, he made a large donation to the environmental group Cheryl was in, etc.

It's always been there. You're just not paying attention.

I remember the restaurant investor season and the donation to NRDC. Guess I'll have to rewatch some older episodes .

Not to mention he gave ol boy 10k and then didnt get invited to his party. lol

Refresh my memory...why does leon live with him again?

Maybe I'm looking 6too much into it. But it was very noticeable to me.
I think they are trying to hard to make Larry look edgy and cool. This season has been eh and it feels different . Only 2 eps doe

Not to mention he gave ol boy 10k and then didnt get invited to his party. lol

Refresh my memory...why does leon live with him again?
Leon just freeloading.

I want to say Larry and Cheryl took in a WHOLE black family after Katrina hit NO. Leon was a part of that family. I think the season after is when he almost split with Cheryl and they teased a romance with Larry and Vivika A. Fox or Larry dreamed it.

Leon just never left.

Leon just freeloading.

I want to say Larry and Cheryl took in a WHOLE black family after Katrina hit NO. Leon was a part of that family. I think the season after is when he almost split with Cheryl and they teased a romance with Larry and Vivika A. Fox or Larry dreamed it.

Leon just never left.

that's right i remember the family now. lol I thought that was his family though.

I didn't know theres a book out by leon. lol I might have to read it.

that's right i remember the family now. lol I thought that was his family though.

I didn't know theres a book out by leon. lol I might have to read it.
Yeah it was his family. He was like a cousin I think. I forget or he somehow hustled his way in with them.

The family got on their feet and left. Leon moved in to the guest house.

Larry been driving a BMW. Remember the neighbor writing notes on it with the car filth/dust? "****ing wash me already" :lol: and drew the penis.

Was that last season? Because I did rewatch in December in preparation for the new season but I skipped 9.

Was that last season? Because I did rewatch in December in preparation for the new season but I skipped 9.

It was. Why would ya skip it? Season 9 was funny as hell. IDK why people are hating on it (not to say you are but still).

Yeah. That was the "Accidental Text on Purpose" episode. That was the only episode from last season that I really enjoyed because it's the only one that reminded me of classic Curb.

It was. Why would ya skip it? Season 9 was funny as hell. IDK why people are hating on it (not to say you are but still).
Out of all seasons, I thought the storyline of season 9 was far and away the worst. I also felt a lot of the dialogue and plots seemed forced and over-the-top. I felt it relied too heavily on celebrity cameos and the episodes didn't have the same interconnectedness that previous seasons had. Also doesn't help that I really don't like Lin-Manuel Miranda and thought his presence honestly made the show worse (he wasn't funny at all). I love Larry David's comedy writing because EVERYTHING serves a purpose and comes back around at the end. I just felt that cohesion wasn't there for season 9. In the same breath, the selfie stick and scooter moments in the first episode of this current season didn't make me laugh for the same reasoning. Added nothing to the plot and took away from LD's character. A lot of the humor comes from the fact that he's misunderstood without overtly being an *******.

Oh...and don't get me started on that Judge Judy scene. That was easily my least favorite moment of any Curb episode. Just awkward and not funny whatsoever.

Having said that, LD is my favorite comedy writer (hell, one of my favorite people in general) and Curb is my favorite show of all time. I just didn't care much for that season.

I watched it when it first aired so it was the freshest in my mind. But it's also my least favorite curb season. So I stopped at 8 and jumped to 10.

Yeah it was his family. He was like a cousin I think. I forget or he somehow hustled his way in with them.

The family got on their feet and left. Leon moved in to the guest house.

They left because Vivica thought Larry was cheating on her but it was Leon knocking down ol girl in the house. LD told Leon that his family peaced out and Leon just shrugged his shoulders and went back upstairs to his room and hasn’t left since. :lol:

Kinda funny with LD thinking he had cancer, because remember when he was trying to break up with Vivica, because he was tired of her and the family...but she got diagnosed with cancer and they had to stay longer. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom