Currently taking an all-nighter..... Taking naps in between: Yay or nay?

so I got a video proj due tmrw... And rendering on FCP takes 2 effing hours... I'm tired as hell.

Should I take a nap? About 1hr or so? And then wake up and continue to do my proj, or will I be too tired? Experiences?

Thanks Nt.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Don't do it! Reconsider. Read some literature on the subject.
how come?
nerd.gif

Never Procrastinate! That was your mistake. Waiting until the last minutes always puts you in a lose/lose situation.

Depends how much time you have. If you do sleep, supposedly you should sleep in 90 minute intervals in order to be re-energized. So sleep for an hour and 30 IF u have time that is. If your just tired and can't risk sleep, maybe drink an energy drink or something to keep you awake and just push through.

Whenever I have to pull an all-nighter i try to avoid taking naps because I can never get myself to wake up from them. But if you have 2 hours of zero productivity coming up (and you have the willpower to wake yourself up) then go for it.

I pulled an all-nighter last year and went to my first class tired as hell. I managed to get through it and had a 3 hr break between my next class so I took a "nap". I woke up 9 hrs later. My roommates tried waking me up by blasting the music from my iHome & computer but it didn't work...

i always take a nap. But remember if you fall asleep sometimes you might not wake up because your body is too tired

It depends on the person. I can do the nap thing and wake up and feel freshed. You sort of have to be trained for it because I was never like this before but now that I am older, I can take power naps like they are regular naps. Also have like 2-3 alarm clocks to wake you up as well and you can always put water on your face and do the coffee thing.

1. DO NOT pull all nighter, especially cramming for an exam. Since your case isn't an exam may be it's okay, but still you shouldn't. Try to learn from this experience and plan better.

2. If you do take a nap make sure you have (depending on the person) at least 2-4 hours for one. That's basically sleeping, I know, but anything less might just make you more tired. It all depends on the person though. I would stay up if I was you and just follow 1. next time.

I've never been able to wake up from a nap when I'm pulling an all-nighter and that seriously impacted my college career until I just stopped procrastinating.

don't take a nap. I always over sleep if I do sleep in between all nighters. Drink Coffee and randomly jump in the air every so often, I guarantee you'll stay awake.

what you need to do is sit back and think what went wrong. I have nothing but free time on my hands but somehow I see myself cramming in this project last minute all nighter..FAIL

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

1. DO NOT pull all nighter, especially cramming for an exam. Since your case isn't an exam may be it's okay, but still you shouldn't. Try to learn from this experience and plan better.

2. If you do take a nap make sure you have (depending on the person) at least 2-4 hours for one. That's basically sleeping, I know, but anything less might just make you more tired. It all depends on the person though. I would stay up if I was you and just follow 1. next time.
thanks for the advice guys. no more cramming for me. lol the dreaded "p" word really has taken a toll on me...

Back
Top Bottom