Custom Air Jordans... Vol. Yay or Nay?

my customs (in order of creation)

fire red iii
dsc00061wl.jpg

cdp xiv
thedevilsnumberis1778.jpg

ms vi
dsc03808c.jpg

as much as jordans cost they shouldnt be fooled around with IMO creating a custom pair can end up looking fake and the paint never ends up holding up and then you have a hot mess

waiting to cop the laker vi's on a deep discount so I can black out the stitching like that. such a fresh look

As long as they are done well, I don't see any problem with it.  Here are some that I've done:

Royal Blue I (Shadow Grey I base)

AJKO Black Toes (AJKO retro base)

Again, if they are done well, I think that custom Jordans are great! 

I've done the following: Olive IX -> Black/Red IX, White/Cement III -> Fire-Red III (my guy who did my shoes messed them up so I sold them), and white/columbia VI Low-> Columbia/white VI Low (looking at these now, they look fake but in 2002, they were fly!)

I agree with everyone here the main reason for a "custom" Jordan is it looking fake.  Even is it was done right. 

first is def the cost.  You spend over a hundred most times closer to 200 on a pair a shoes, why would you risk making them look ridic.  Other nikes are easier to experiment with.  AF1 lows, which I think are the most used for customization are like $50-$60 a pair and on top of that the all white AF1 is classic and everyone knows it is all white.  So when you add some colors or artwork to it, people can tell right away it is an AF1 that has been customized.  The customization is very deliberate.

Jordans on the other hand have so many different colors and styles and icon status that if you mess with it, it just looks fake and/or wack and most of the time wack.  Esp taking a lower end Jordan (varsity red VI) and then making it into a more desired version (Infrared VI) I think is def perpetrating a fraud.  To me it is kinda like the car game. Taking your BMW 325i and putting M badges all over it. 

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

I really don't care what people do with their shoes, I just think it makes most of them look like fakes.
yeah...before variants flooded da market customs were looked at with a much better appealing eye, since then if its not a registered colorway people frown upon

em.

I was thinking of getting a pair of white/red VI's and trying to do the blue on them. You can get them for a good price too so if you mess them up you can just use them as beaters.

no matter what spin the buyer or seller wants to put on "customs" they are just dressed up variants and bootleg in general. 

that would be tragic! customization would make people w. the fake jordans profit. because they'll play it off as customs.

Originally Posted by Young Soy Two3

that would be tragic! customization would make people w. the fake jordans profit. because they'll play it off as customs.

TRUE.   Yo, but custom paintings on Jordans are dope. 

the blue VIs are fire and the custom Laker VI are fire too but some of the other customizations look similar to fakes. I gurantee that if anybody walked around with those custom IIIs on they would immediately be flamed for rockin a fake pair of Js even though they real

I love customs!! for example here are some of my customs...

b0616132715301523e889c696d4108288eed5158.pjpg

I turned these shadow greys into......
a6016b387050095a366ec71631e1d99b49ac9407.pjpg

These custom royal blue 85' Jordan 1 tributes....
a2d16738785a0c563d454098527a9adcc777fcdc.pjpg

Back
Top Bottom