Custom Air Jordans... Vol. Yay or Nay?

oh man, those custom cement spikes were one of my main inspirations to start with the paintpaint
happy.gif

the reason why its frowned upon is b/c alot of people overdo it. putting jordans picture on the side and all these outrageous colorways, making em look fake and crazy. sometimes its best just to leave goof things alone. but honestly them royals is hottt. no joke

Subtlety is the key.  When I was in high school a long time ago, we didn't have all these retroes and fusions and so on, cuz Nike wasn't doin it then.  When a shoe was gone, hell we thought it was gone.....Example some of our team had the Boudreaux VII's, when they went out, we dyed ours  black, and painted the 23 silver. Looking back....... stupid, but then everyone assumed we had on special make ups for our team.....Today, this generation has to much s**t goin on as far as sneaker choices, but hey do what you do, but make it clean.

For the most part, I just think customs in general are nay. If those people want to make personal touches with their shoes that so be it.....to each their own.  I just don't like the look and they usually fall close to being seen as fakes.  It's only a matter of opinion for some of us to frown upon them and it shouldn't have an effect on those that do customize their kicks.

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

I don't mind customization as long as they look good and not variant looking. Know what I'm saying?

Does this even stand up as far as a reason anymore?
I mean, have you dudes seen those doernbechers? Those BINs?

The crap that's released nowadays is no better than what anyone can make, even those with zero artistic skill.

That's my take on it at least.

well those sepetember blue 6 look great..
im a huge fan of those OG's.. and hope they release
good job on changing the color on those..

I know its not really customs but if you have time check out some of the restorations on Jordans that I have done at Renegade Restorations on Facebook. The link is below in my signature. Im bringing back beat shoes to near Deadstock.

Originally Posted by Dtrain12

mind as well be fake..

why is that!?...what constitutes a fake. The materials/craftsmanship, or colors/art that goes into the shoe. Prior to the fire reds coming out i turned some 3 cements to fires and had folks sending me thiers to custom as well. Thry r still an authentic pair of J's with a colorway that was in demand at the time. I wouldnt necessarily call them fake.

Originally Posted by udntnoeme01

It's simple really. Customs are easily mistaken for fakes, even to the educated sneakerhead's eyes. I wouldn't mind certain kinds of customs that are for restoration purposes to OGs, or improving a subpar retro.
agreed

not sure why customs are frowned upon but i've seen some that look nice including, the pure $ & the 6s in the pix.

i've never customized a pair but i'm certainly not opposed to it. to each his own.

i want some cdp 1's so someone can customize em into high top black toes, and maybe some black/var. red 6s into dmp's, if that'd look good. jus thoughts of some customs

oh yea, i still wanna customize some 6Rings into space jams, not givin up that dream hahaha
4c6150ec595dfd9a48ba3cc8e6d046a25bae481.pjpg

Yay all day, I love seeing custom Jordans . Anything from dying a clear sole , coloring in a Jumpman or a complete custom, I love to see personal kicks! Had to bump, cause Custom Js are too sweet and I dont see enough of them.

I think only these newly found all black and all white Jordans should be customized. If there's already enough color, don't mess with 'em.. Personally........Nay.

Back
Top Bottom