CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

Originally Posted by Pdigiti

Quick question for those that have had success.  I did these on a pair of concords and the shade of blue is just a touch too dark.  Any way of lightening them up after the fact?  I was thinking possibly acetone.

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated.

peace

try straight bleach. my Concords were much too dark at first, then I hit it with bleach to lighten the blue. From that point, I seaglowed to get a lighter but more natural looking blue.

i tried it my 01 jams yesterday..theyre a lil yellowed tho, so i gotta add another coat tday and with a diffrent paintbrush. im scared to try it on my ds columbias tho..or my ds concords..or my other ds jams..
frown.gif
 time and patience is a virtue..

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by Pdigiti

Quick question for those that have had success.  I did these on a pair of concords and the shade of blue is just a touch too dark.  Any way of lightening them up after the fact?  I was thinking possibly acetone.

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated.

peace

try straight bleach. my Concords were much too dark at first, then I hit it with bleach to lighten the blue. From that point, I seaglowed to get a lighter but more natural looking blue.

^^^^
Good lookin' out.  I tried bleach with a toothbrush with very little change, if at all.  I hit it with Seaglow yesterday and baked it out in the sun for 30 min.  It looks slightly lighter but I'm going back to the drawing board and more Seaglow...

pretty good idea and pictures look real nice....
i always wondered why jordan brand (or any other sneaker brand) came up with a product to get rid of yellowing and problems like that where we all have to deal with....i think that product would sell like crazy!!

Is there a perfect dye color maybe shiny white/silver/gray or something to make it pure icy but with no blue tint. you know what i mean? to make it more legit. because having the soles too blue seems not that legit.

Gottabe, how long did you leave the dye on for the jams, and how do you remove the dye?

just use toothbrush + water/wishwash liqud?

thanks

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

Originally Posted by Antalonboubmpo

I REMEMBER WHEN THESE FIRST SURFACED, AND THE SOLES HAD MORE OF A BLUE TINT TO EM THAN THEY DO NOW AND I WAS THINKING WHAT IF I PUT SOME BLUE RIT MIXED WITH WATER ON THE SOLES WOULD THAT GIVE THEM A BLUER TINT WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK THERE WAS ALSO A GUY WHO DID THIS TO HIS 00 SPACE JAMS THAT WERE YELLOW  BUT WHEN HE DID IT HIS SOLES TURNED BLUE-GREEN I MIGHT DO IT TO GIVE EM THAT COLUMBIA 11 FEEL

the XIs with the blue soles were kid sizes
i would like to see this project though
a kid at my school has the 09 spacejams and he wears them a lot, his jeans bleed on the soles and they are an icy blue color now
i was thinking about just placing the soles on a pair of jeans and letting dye rub off onto them that way

What ever kind of jeans that kid was wearing must have been the ugliest ever! How do your jeans go that low to bleed your souls? He musta been wearing flare jeans.
roll.gif

I GOT DYE ON MY GREY PATENT LEATHER.... HOW DO I GET IT OFF!!!???? PLEASE HELP THANKS.

Here's my small contribution.  Initially, the blue was a little too dark so I had to Seaglow the hell out of them a couple times to get the right shade of blue.  Sure beats piss yellow!

peace

388208571.jpg
388208570.jpg

388208568.jpg
388208569.jpg

Those Concords look great. Might want to go a couple more times with the seaglow though.

hotbutter, read my previous posts. I've included everything I did and how.

I GOT RIT DYE ON THE PATENT LEATHER OF MY XI'S..HOW CAN I GET IT OUT..NEED HELP

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Those Concords look great. Might want to go a couple more times with the seaglow though.

hotbutter, read my previous posts. I've included everything I did and how.
Thanks G!  I've Seaglowed and sat them out in the sun 4+ times now so I think they're not gonna get any lighter than they are now.  Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out but would have loved for them to be a shade lighter.  Great for beating around town!

Good stuff everyone.

P

QUESTIONS! 

1 - Has anyone tried this with just Rit + Water (i.e. no Sea Glow)? Results?

2 - I doubt anyone has done this for ball shoes but - Does dying the soles affect traction on hardwood?

3 - Does Rit Color Remover work for getting rid of yellowing (i.e. an alternative to Sea Glow)?

Back
Top Bottom