CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

Also, i dyed mine when this thread started (long time ago) and still no yellowing. small amount of yellowing on the bottom but not even close to yellowing on the sides where its visible

sorry if it's been asked and answered already...but where can you get seaglow besides ebay?

so does this mean the new cool greys with the blue tinted sole will not really yellow either?

did JB steal this idea from this forum? LOL!

i'm not a huge fan of 11's but that pic of the space jams on the first page with the blue sole actually makes me like them a lot more (this being said by a man who's never wanted a pair at all).

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by rossh123

Originally Posted by BigEli500

HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS! how in the BLUE hell did that guy to that to his shoes!? That looks amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzing. Please, tutorial for all of us. Also, how long does this last? Does it fade?
Thanks guys. It's funny how people said I originally ruined my Concords when I first posted pics in the restoration thread with my crappy old camera
grin.gif
 Anywho, no the dye doesnt fade. Trust me, I put it to the test by scrubbing the hell out of the soles on the Concords multiple times with a SOS pad and even using straight bleach the excess dye. It's permanent if done right.

This is what you want to do
1.) Mix a small 1/2 cup of 2/3 sea glow and 1/3 powder dye.
2.) Mix it together really well. The dye should dissolve into the sea glow (I usually make mines a little lumpy to get a deeper tint)
3.) Take a paint brush and carefully paint the soles. If it bleeds onto the midsole, then quickly wipe it away with a wet rag that has soap on it)
4.) Let sit for 5-10 minutes
5.) Whatever is not dissolved into the soles, just wipe away.

voila! blue tinted soles. I will be making a video tutorial sometime soon. no more yellowing
pimp.gif
 I wore my Concords several times and theyve held up perfect. Ive also worn my anniversary XIs 1 time and they havent turned the slightest bit yellow. In fact, the sole is comparable to my Bred XIs

great post. i got a question, for the powder dye what color did you use?

thanks bro, I used RIT blue colored dye. But you can use any color you'd like. My boy wanted his pair all white with a purple sole. Turned out good

and yeah swagga you can do it to your worn pair. if you're shoes are yellowing, I would suggest seaglowing them before dyeing. I say this because blue + yellow = green. not a good look.

eek.gif
.... *bookmarked*

Originally Posted by 2k6jumpman

Eh can I do this minus the seaglow and rit only?

Yup. just mix the rit with warm water.  Be careful it started running on mine and some got on my patent leather but nail polish remover got rid of it...

gotta do my annis man they yellow the worst, much quicker than my space jams or maybe because its an all white shoe it just seems that way.

glad everyone approved of my sole dying method!

guess ill go down as a NT legend huh?
laugh.gif

I already had this idea and did it already

also did my Space Jams (mainly to me being irritated that they were DS and still yellowing)

also did my 00 Concords (I overdid it the first time I did it so I had to remove alot of the dye through bleaching. forgive the mesh being grey in color..I just got done washing the mesh when I took this pic)

That looks really nice! Well done.
I'm gonna have to give that a try next time.

Getting ready to attempt to dye these Cool Greys....minus the SeaGlow....just using RIT Royal Blue dye and water. I read earlier in this post that this works.....thoughts? (iPhone pics)

These are tooo hot...............I've got a pair of Zen Grey lows I'm definetly doing this with.

Great job !!!!

Back
Top Bottom