Customs Lance Mountain 1 SBs

This is something I've been working on for a while now, Customs Lance Mountain 1 SBs.

I started with a all white AJ1 mid, and acetoned the whole shoe. I then proceed to to paint the bred/royal cw with angelus. Finally I got to spray painting over the bred/royal with flat white out of a rattle can.

What do you guys think?

View media item 1411567My canvas I started with.

View media item 1411569Both shoes done up in the bred and Royal cw

View media item 1411572The end result after spray painting flat white.

View media item 1411575Just another shot,

This is something I've been working on for a while now, Customs Lance Mountain 1 SBs.

I started with a all white AJ1 mid, and acetoned the whole shoe. I then proceed to to paint the bred/royal cw with angelus. Finally I got to spray painting over the bred/royal with flat white out of a rattle can.

What do you guys think?

View media item 1411567My canvas I started with.

View media item 1411569Both shoes done up in the bred and Royal cw

View media item 1411572The end result after spray painting flat white.

View media item 1411575Just another shot,
awesome job!!!!!! Repped......Nikes next designer in the making

Alright everyone! I think its time for a Massive update. Firstly though, I would like to thank all of you for your kind words and support. I would also like to apologize for not giving you guys an update soon. (give me a break I'm a full time college student & I'm working two part-time)

There is a lot of things I have learned about doing these customs, and a lot I could have done better, but ill just show you the pictures and give all of you a proper run down of what is what with these joints. 

PROS

- Poor mans Lance Mountains, cost me about 75 bucks after buying the shoes, laces, paint, fabric medium, etc.

- Look pretty close to actually Lance Mountains from a distance (fooled most of my co workers at Nike until they took a closer inspection of them).

CONS

- The Quality of the Mid 1s is absolute garbage so the shoe in general is beyond stiff from right out the box, I should have used a Laser 1 :frown:

- They're not actually Lance mountains :frown:

JUST AN FYI, but the paint that is exposed on the shoe is smeared. This is because people told me the rattle can paint would not come off, so to prove them wrong I went ahead and got a cotton ball with acid tone and went off on the shoe. Little did I know, the acid tone cut straight through the flat white, diving into the paint underneath. So thats why the red/blue underneath look super smeared, because thats what happened. At least I proved the haters wrong right?? lmaoo, lets get the actually pictures of some wear, and what it looks like!

They look alright, right??

Some cracking on the right shoes collar, also the fading sock liner 

Still wish I could have done the soles :/ 

A bunch of cracking on the toebox, from how thick I put the flat white paint on, I still thing it looks okay though haha

Just another shot of them

I hope you guys enjoyed the update, If you guys have any questions, feel free to PM me, going to try to be more active on here! haha 

Also I would like some input, would you guys like to see a Laser 1 LM custom done? I have learned a lot about this custom painting work, and they should come out much better now that I actually have a air brush gun to apply some parts of the paint. If it's something you guys want to see, let me know! 

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.

These would come out amazing on the laser 1s with that nice leather. You should definitely pick up a pair now when the prices are low.

Thanks for the update.

These would come out amazing on the laser 1s with that nice leather. You should definitely pick up a pair now when the prices are low.
Thats the plan bro, I'm just waiting to find a pair for a good price, the employee store didn't get them, and I don't feel like spending 185 at my champs/footlocker haha

These look great. Nice work. I agree that they'd look better with Lasers as the base and dyed soles but this is a nice first attempt. I think you should definitely go ahead with Laser LM's 
nthat.gif

def late seeing this but they look good. I got a pair of lasers if you want a guinea pig
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom