Cutting your own hair tips vol. I'm done paying for this $$%% !

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

those ear guards would be perfect for tapering as shown in www.cutblackhair.com, but the Master doesn't come with guards because it's an adjustable blade

Andis makes a seperate set of guards for the master, you'd have to find some sort of barber supply vendor to order them or ask your local hair store aboutthem. If you hadn't bought the masters so soon i wouldve recommended the wahl senior's. Theyre about 60 from what i hear and fit universal guards.

never cut against the grain... I always use guards and this is my set.

why?

i don't cut my hair anymore (used to, but i could just never get it to look even), but when i go to the barber i always ask for against the grain.

got a $11 one for me i just buzz my head i don't do anything to it, but i wish i would of started years ago i woulda saved so much money...my advise, becareful my hands were shaky the first few times

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

why?

i don't cut my hair anymore (used to, but i could just never get it to look even), but when i go to the barber i always ask for against the grain.
Thats what I thought, dont you cut against to get the lowest possible cut?

I only cut towards the grain because of my waves

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

why?

i don't cut my hair anymore (used to, [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]but i could just never get it to look even[/color]), but when i go to the barber i always ask for against the grain.
Thats what I thought, dont you cut against to get the lowest possible cut?

I only cut towards the grain because of my waves

thats why

BTW... I got braids now ... so until I get that office job ... my whole set is retired

I went ahead and ordered a set of guards too. We'll see what happens, doubt I'll post pics if I mess up, maybe PM though. We'll have to see how itcomes out

Back
Top Bottom