D.C. Area NTers - I'm moving there! I need suggestions on apartments!

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of finding a nice place to live around the D.C. area (probably not D.C. itself, unless anyone knows of any good deals).  I'm trying to find a 1 bedroom apartment with a desired limit of approximately $1850 or so (including utilities and parking).   Here are the places I was considering:

-Arlington / Alexandria / any place west of D.C. near a Metro stop
-Bethesda / Silver Spring Md. or somewhere nearby

Do you have any suggestions on city?  Here is what I'm looking for:
-Safe
-Stuff to do (places to go / things to do; i.e. malls, gyms, etc.)
-By a Metro stop
-Maybe:  an area geared toward a younger demographic
-Traffic-friendly (RELATIVELY speaking, of course!)

I'm thinking that the places/cities west of D.C. are more safe - do you think this is correct, in general?

I was considering Arlington, Alexandria, and Bethesda in particular.  Any pros / cons?

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?  Any thoughts are appreciated!

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of finding a nice place to live around the D.C. area (probably not D.C. itself, unless anyone knows of any good deals).  I'm trying to find a 1 bedroom apartment with a desired limit of approximately $1850 or so (including utilities and parking).   Here are the places I was considering:

-Arlington / Alexandria / any place west of D.C. near a Metro stop
-Bethesda / Silver Spring Md. or somewhere nearby

Do you have any suggestions on city?  Here is what I'm looking for:
-Safe
-Stuff to do (places to go / things to do; i.e. malls, gyms, etc.)
-By a Metro stop
-Maybe:  an area geared toward a younger demographic
-Traffic-friendly (RELATIVELY speaking, of course!)

I'm thinking that the places/cities west of D.C. are more safe - do you think this is correct, in general?

I was considering Arlington, Alexandria, and Bethesda in particular.  Any pros / cons?

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?  Any thoughts are appreciated!

op

sup

I believe finding complex with utilities included is a major plus in this area. Around March I was looking for my own place, looking for an apartment or new place to live is a huge head ache.

my step mom & 2 friends live in this neck of the woods,

Parkside condo's, walking distance to the grosvenor metro station (5 -7 minute walk)

http://www.parksidecondo.org/

they are rented by owners,

my step mom owns her one bedroom , but my friends, pay 1600 for a two bedroom , utilities included.

15 minutes from uptown theater
20 minutes from the zoo
5 minutes from bethesda
within minutes from shopping
tons of recreation , basketball courts,

they have kickball every thursday , tonnnnnnns of late 20's females
pimp.gif

just run a simple search on craigslist,

if you need help, pm me.

been living in Montgomery county my whole life.

op

sup

I believe finding complex with utilities included is a major plus in this area. Around March I was looking for my own place, looking for an apartment or new place to live is a huge head ache.

my step mom & 2 friends live in this neck of the woods,

Parkside condo's, walking distance to the grosvenor metro station (5 -7 minute walk)

http://www.parksidecondo.org/

they are rented by owners,

my step mom owns her one bedroom , but my friends, pay 1600 for a two bedroom , utilities included.

15 minutes from uptown theater
20 minutes from the zoo
5 minutes from bethesda
within minutes from shopping
tons of recreation , basketball courts,

they have kickball every thursday , tonnnnnnns of late 20's females
pimp.gif

just run a simple search on craigslist,

if you need help, pm me.

been living in Montgomery county my whole life.

If that's your limit...you might as well do it up and get you a nice lil spot in Arlington which is a trendy area for young professionals. I live right on the line of Arlington/Alexandria...other than DC itself...only place I'd live in the area. It's perfect.

If that's your limit...you might as well do it up and get you a nice lil spot in Arlington which is a trendy area for young professionals. I live right on the line of Arlington/Alexandria...other than DC itself...only place I'd live in the area. It's perfect.

Oh yea, IMPORTKING -do you know where I can find some good shots of the buildings / area? Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't seem to find any on their website. Thanks!

Oh yea, IMPORTKING -do you know where I can find some good shots of the buildings / area? Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't seem to find any on their website. Thanks!

You can always type the address in google maps and look at the steet view option, it lets you zoom in & out on almost any street in america as if you were walking in the street yourself. Also good for looking around an area

You can always type the address in google maps and look at the steet view option, it lets you zoom in & out on almost any street in america as if you were walking in the street yourself. Also good for looking around an area

Originally Posted by PsilentNupe

Yeah, I've been making heavy use of Google Maps lately.  Problem is - sometimes you don't get a good view / description / feel for the actual apartment complexes.  Parkside - you can't see it on Google Maps (I don't think you can, at least).

Anyone have any other advice?

Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by PsilentNupe

Yeah, I've been making heavy use of Google Maps lately.  Problem is - sometimes you don't get a good view / description / feel for the actual apartment complexes.  Parkside - you can't see it on Google Maps (I don't think you can, at least).

Anyone have any other advice?

Thanks everyone!

OP my girl lives in Parkside.. real nice area.. be careful though, since condos are rented by their owner, upkeep and maintenance might be a pain.. but if you have a range of 1850 solo.. Arlington has a lot of nice spots.

OP my girl lives in Parkside.. real nice area.. be careful though, since condos are rented by their owner, upkeep and maintenance might be a pain.. but if you have a range of 1850 solo.. Arlington has a lot of nice spots.

Not sure what they're renting for these days but if you're looking at Arlington you might want to consider River House Apartments, they're right across the street from the Pentagon City Metro, Pentagon City Mall and Pentagon Row which is the group of shops on the back side facing the apartments and literally 2 minutes from the 14th Street Bridge into DC.

http://www.riverhouseapts.com/

Not sure what they're renting for these days but if you're looking at Arlington you might want to consider River House Apartments, they're right across the street from the Pentagon City Metro, Pentagon City Mall and Pentagon Row which is the group of shops on the back side facing the apartments and literally 2 minutes from the 14th Street Bridge into DC.

http://www.riverhouseapts.com/

You'll be fine in those areas for all of the questions you had.

Traffic in the area is ##!$!% any way around, best to get to know the metro.

My-T.

Back
Top Bottom