D.C. Area NTers - I'm moving there! I need suggestions on apartments!

You'll be fine in those areas for all of the questions you had.

Traffic in the area is ##!$!% any way around, best to get to know the metro.

My-T.

I hope you are or like Hispanic folk tho'...

laugh.gif

My-T.

Originally Posted by theconditioner

Okay,

Does anyone know anything about the following apartments and/or the surrounding areas:

The Alexan Carlyle in Alexandria
The Metropolitan at Pentagon City in Arlington
You are good money at these places.

But with the amount you would be paying, you would be better off getting a townhouse.

You would be wise staying away from any place near I-66, unless you like sitting in traffic 2-3 hours daily.
I use to live in Centreville, and traffic was the worst I have seen anywhere in this area.

Okay,

Does anyone know anything about the following apartments and/or the surrounding areas:

The Alexan Carlyle in Alexandria
The Metropolitan at Pentagon City in Arlington
You are good money at these places.

But with the amount you would be paying, you would be better off getting a townhouse.

You would be wise staying away from any place near I-66, unless you like sitting in traffic 2-3 hours daily.
I use to live in Centreville, and traffic was the worst I have seen anywhere in this area.

You made the right choice in area. I just moved over to capital heights, this place is damn cesspool. I take my car in for what i thought was a standard flat, turns out a bullet was lodged in my tire.

Looks like i'll be breaking my lease and high-tailing it back to moco.

You made the right choice in area. I just moved over to capital heights, this place is damn cesspool. I take my car in for what i thought was a standard flat, turns out a bullet was lodged in my tire.

Looks like i'll be breaking my lease and high-tailing it back to moco.

Also, what is the flow of traffic like on the following roads (what direction is heavy traffic, and when):

I-66 in VA
Keep in mind that I-66 is HOV-2 going east into DC in the morning and west out of DC in the afternoon.

Also, what is the flow of traffic like on the following roads (what direction is heavy traffic, and when):

I-66 in VA
Keep in mind that I-66 is HOV-2 going east into DC in the morning and west out of DC in the afternoon.

Alright, I think I found a place.  It is actually none of the places I listed.

The place I found IS actually right next to I-66 - I'm not sure if it's good or bad though.  It's also pretty close to a metro stop too.  Slightly west of Merrifield. 

Anything I should be worried about in this area?

Alright, I think I found a place.  It is actually none of the places I listed.

The place I found IS actually right next to I-66 - I'm not sure if it's good or bad though.  It's also pretty close to a metro stop too.  Slightly west of Merrifield. 

Anything I should be worried about in this area?

I work out in the Merrifield area, about 5 minutes from the Metro (dunn loring metro station) off Gallows Rd. Nothing bad out this way if you ask me..I mean i only work in the area though. Traffic in the morning isn't too too bad depending on what time you leave...the afternoon traffic is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish though

I work out in the Merrifield area, about 5 minutes from the Metro (dunn loring metro station) off Gallows Rd. Nothing bad out this way if you ask me..I mean i only work in the area though. Traffic in the morning isn't too too bad depending on what time you leave...the afternoon traffic is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish though

Back
Top Bottom