D Rose III *UPDATED* *NEW PICS*

Yea planing on copping my next week for sure seen'em in person yesterday and was :nthat: :wow:  pics does them no justice!!! Im made that adidas rush the 3.5s and dont ride with the 3s the entire season the ALL-STAR and ST. PATTY would be FUEGO on this model!!! 

I agree that adidas should wait on the 3.5 until D Rose steps on the court for one game in the 3s. Even with the lock out shortened season last year Rose rocked the 2s a few games before going to the 2.5s.

As for the colorways you mentioned, last season they went with the 2.5s for both All Star and St Pat. The 1s were All Star and the 1.5 was St Pat two years ago right. St Pat would definitely look good on the 3, but definitely too late in the season to drag the 3 into based on their method of releasing two shoes each season.

I wonder if Rose would've worn these purple kicks with his red Bulls uniform in the game tonight against Houston, Howard didn't wear his against Lakers. Best sig model of the 2012-2013 season.

Good question. Fanzz was selling an all white jersey as the Bulls Christmas Day jersey, and I could see Rose wearing the NBCs with that. Not so sure with the all red jersey that the Bulls did end up wearing, but a lot of players wore shoes that didn't necessarily match their team colors or uniforms, so I would think why not if adidas asked him to wear them for marketing purposes.

Called the adidas flagship store in SF today for the NBC's and they told me they were out from 9.5-12. She also said they were expecting more within the week, most likely next week. I called a footlocker/hoh nearby and the lady said they had em. Picked them up just now and they're amazing in person. I had to pick up the socks too. There was a huge line outside the store for the xmas brons/kobes/KDs. These poop all over all 3 of those in my opinion. Adidas really knocked these out of the park. A strong signature logo and a really clean way to incorporate the 3 stripes into the design. I love em and can't wait to wear em to disneyland this weekend.
smokin.gif

Some pics for your viewing pleasure.

And a glow comparison. They were exposed to the same amount of sunlight. The heel of the roses glow pretty cool, the sole didn't so much compared to the other 2.
pimp.gif
 If these had a swoosh on it theirs no way we could all get our pairs with such ease.  

I noticed as well Howard didnt rock his. Did any Adidas sponsored players wear the NBC crazy light?
On the Howards I actually don't think they released in the US.  I cant find them online and I heard from a friend that they only released in Asia.  Who Knows

Was at AZ Mills Footlocker today to pick up the Kobes and KD and I saw those Rose NBC socks, for some reason skipped my mind while checking out.  Remembered about them while looking at these pics, so I just ordered a pair on-line, can't wait to pair them up together.

On the Howards I actually don't think they released in the US.  I cant find them online and I heard from a friend that they only released in Asia.  Who Knows
I think your right about the Howards not making it to US retail because at the HOH where I got mine they had a display but it was 2000's,lights and Rose only.

Sort of Odd since this pack drew alot of attention to Adidas basketball.

Looks like Champs, Eastbay, FTL only have sizes 7-9 left. Not bad, my local Footlocker said they only received a size run and I got the last size 9.

Looks like Champs, Eastbay, FTL only have sizes 7-9 left. Not bad, my local Footlocker said they only received a size run and I got the last size 9.
For you guys that feel like they're sitting at your local FTL you might want to look in to this. My local FTLs received only a size run as well. Don't sleep.

I think you need to compare apples to apples here. The Rose retail for non premium colors is 160 which is inline with Nike for the top tier sig models. The NBC was considered a premium so a 20 dollar upcharge is not unreasonable when Nike uses a very similar pricing strategy.

you say "compare apples to apples" but you then compare Adidas to Nike? Adidas and Reebok are on the comeup again, but nowhere near Nike/Jordan (IMO) to be comanding these kind of prices. The point is that $160 was an unreasonable price to begin with, not wether or not the $20 upcharge was reasonable. I compared to the XI's becuase they happen to be the same price. keep it real, 99/100 people would rather pay $180 for XIs over the NBC Roses. being competative isn't just about matching prices, but knowing your lane and what you can or can't do.

Meh, it doesn't matter if you "sell" the Rose at $160. Then most people end up buying at $100-$110 vs the $70-$80 you'd see for the previous Rose models.

you say "compare apples to apples" but you then compare Adidas to Nike? Adidas and Reebok are on the comeup again, but nowhere near Nike/Jordan (IMO) to be comanding these kind of prices. The point is that $160 was an unreasonable price to begin with, not wether or not the $20 upcharge was reasonable. I compared to the XI's becuase they happen to be the same price. keep it real, 99/100 people would rather pay $180 for XIs over the NBC Roses. being competative isn't just about matching prices, but knowing your lane and what you can or can't do.
The XI commands the price it does because of nostalgia, hype etc. What I am getting at is its a performance shoe and the tech is comparable to any current performance shoe in its category and it is priced accordingly. but all in all we just have to see if the market supports it so far it looks like people are buying up the NBC Rose and all it took was a killer colorway to make people pay attention.

Called the adidas flagship store in SF today for the NBC's and they told me they were out from 9.5-12. She also said they were expecting more within the week, most likely next week. I called a footlocker/hoh nearby and the lady said they had em.
This at Serramonte? Looking for a pair in the Bay Area.

Was gonna wait on Eastbay but my size sold out.

The XI commands the price it does because of nostalgia, hype etc. What I am getting at is its a performance shoe and the tech is comparable to any current performance shoe in its category and it is priced accordingly. but all in all we just have to see if the market supports it so far it looks like people are buying up the NBC Rose and all it took was a killer colorway to make people pay attention.
Plus Adidas is paying Rose $200 million (in new deal) so they need to make back that money.

Plus Adidas is paying Rose $200 million (in new deal) so they need to make back that money.
True but he is Adidas basketball at this point(and rightfully so). So between the sales of the 3 and the 773(I think thats the team Rose number) at $110 they should be allright.

Called the adidas flagship store in SF today for the NBC's and they told me they were out from 9.5-12. She also said they were expecting more within the week, most likely next week. I called a footlocker/hoh nearby and the lady said they had em.

This at Serramonte? Looking for a pair in the Bay Area.

Was gonna wait on Eastbay but my size sold out.
Yup, that's the one. Hoh Serramonte had every size as of 12pm yesterday. I have no idea how many they got in each though. Give em a call - the lady I spoke with had no problems setting mine aside for me.

Size 9 fits me perfectly, but only size 9.5 is available online right now. Should I cop?

Size 9 fits me perfectly, but only size 9.5 is available online right now. Should I cop?

If you want to play in them, then get a size 9. If not, a little extra room in the toe box probably won't hurt too much. Although, people have different preferences on how they size their kicks for walking around.

Back
Top Bottom