D Rose III *UPDATED* *NEW PICS*

If you didn't believe Peru I can confirm that outlet has them. Only few shoes left though. 7.5-8.5 13.

Anyone seen the 3.5's on sale yet? I have a feeling that once DRose comes back they're gonna be harder to find....

Anyone seen the 3.5's on sale yet? I have a feeling that once DRose comes back they're gonna be harder to find....

The 3s finally went on sale within the last few days, so I doubt we'll see the 3.5s go on sale anytime soon.

So I take it the bears weren't an overseas. Release ?

I don't mean to be an A hole, I'm not sure why you keep asking that.

The story is that these were suppose to be a US release on Black Friday at your usual stores like Footlocker, but Nike stepped in with a cease and desist since they have the NFL deal now. A few pairs sold because store employees didn't know, but otherwise they did not hit retail "officially". People speculated that the inventory would be sold overseas to work around the Nike block, but no further information came out until Peru posted that they ended up at the outlet store.

I think there was a 1.5 Bears colorway released a couple years ago overseas, but that's about it.

I didn't bother asking the employees what the story was with these ending up at the outlet. It was limit two per person. I think they also had the matching shorts, but no matching socks.

Last edited:
I don't mean to be an A hole, I'm not sure why you keep asking that.

The story is that these were suppose to be a US release on Black Friday at your usual stores like Footlocker, but Nike stepped in with a cease and desist since they have the NFL deal now. A few pairs sold because store employees didn't know, but otherwise they did not hit retail "officially". People speculated that the inventory would be sold overseas to work around the Nike block, but no further information came out until Peru posted that they ended up at the outlet store.

I think there was a 1.5 Bears colorway released a couple years ago overseas, but that's about it.

I didn't bother asking the employees what the story was with these ending up at the outlet. It was limit two per person. I think they also had the matching shorts, but no matching socks.

I don't get how Nike would issue a cease and desist when there is no official NFL logo on the shoe. isn't it just a helmet with a Rose logo? is there a link to an official story of Nike doing this, or is it just rumor? I've seen multiple locations with them as well as official release info. they were also available on Adidas.com

Nobody really knows the 100% truth about the Bears colorway but the assumption was the "Founded 1919" which was the year the Bears were founded was the determining factor in that Apparel Rights situation between Nike and Adidas. Hasn't exactly been confirmed to my knowledge.

Joekamel, are you sure you just didn't notice the Chicago Fire? They were right there on the top shelf in that isle. I was surprised to see so many sizes.

Amazing

I don't get how Nike would issue a cease and desist when there is no official NFL logo on the shoe. isn't it just a helmet with a Rose logo? is there a link to an official story of Nike doing this, or is it just rumor? I've seen multiple locations with them as well as official release info. they were also available on Adidas.com

Nobody really knows the 100% truth about the Bears colorway but the assumption was the "Founded 1919" which was the year the Bears were founded was the determining factor in that Apparel Rights situation between Nike and Adidas. Hasn't exactly been confirmed to my knowledge.

Joekamel, are you sure you just didn't notice the Chicago Fire? They were right there on the top shelf in that isle. I was surprised to see so many sizes.

As Peru mentioned, the only possible connection to the Bears other than people referring to it as the Bears colorway is the Est. 1919 mark on the inner tongue. The font of the numbers is the font of the uniform numbers on the Bears jerseys. I'm no patent or trademark expert, but that is the only visible connection that can be made.

No link to a story on this. In terms of the order of events of how I heard, it was first mentioned in this thread. When someone mentioned they were able to buy a pair from a store that did not know of the cease order, within the next 48 hours I had tried to hunt down stores in my area to try my luck. All those stores told me the same story. Hard to say if their info was from Adidas or if they too had heard the story second hand and was using that to explain to customers trying to buy the shoe.

Surprised about the adidas.com availability, although I will admit I'm not on there as much as I am with Nike.com and Eastbay for example. I do know I checked Adidas.com when word of the cease first was mentioned here, with no luck.

Peru, I went in focused on scooping the Bears colorway, so it is possible I did not see the Fires. The way I remember it is Bears on the bottom shelf, then South Side, then home grey, then away black. I may have to go back and check again cause I wouldn't mind another pair of Fires at that price.

Thanks again for the info Peru. I repped you rearlier this morning and would do it again if I could. I hit up several stores as I mentioned earlier to get this colorway with no luck back then and recently one of the managers I know at a local chain store directed me to a mom and pop chain store where he got his. Unfortunately someone else saw him buy and cleared out the stock in that store.

Too many shoes out there to buy as it is, so I force myself to retail or bust for shoes that I want. So glad you posted the info cause I never check that Adidas store. Shoes don't seem to hit there as much as desirable Nike shoes do at the Nike outlet.

No doubt, glad I could help in anyway. Yeah the order you said they were on the shelf is accurate, the Chicago Fires were top shelf to your right if facing that shelf side. I didn't notice them until I did a double take because of the white boxes. The 3.0's actually got marked down to $99 just yesterday morning I believe, called them the day before and they said $160. Glad you didn't pay resale price. Hope EVERYBODY can get their pairs for below retail!

I stopped by today to take these pics from house of hoops foot locker in Daly City, CA

These are the only colorways I saw

How.do you guys clean the suede on the 3?
adidas told me basically to not get them dirty, that wasn't helpful

They pretty much come with that tag saying that. I haven't worn them enough to get dirty yet, but not sure what I'll do when they get dirty.

They pretty much come with that tag saying that. I haven't worn them enough to get dirty yet, but not sure what I'll do when they get dirty.

Only pair I'll have that are suede would be the black Alternate Aways. Never thought about maintenance. Damn, got me 2nd guessing going after the Home, Brenda, and Mag Mile now...yikes!

I cant believe the NBCs sat so long at some places. They were one of my favorite releases of 2012. Every time I wear them everyone takes a second look

I think it demographics. Out here in the bay if its not jordan retros, or lebrons and kobe an kd it doesn't sell. Even the reebok classics don't sell here.

Back
Top Bottom