da "Sneaker bubble" apparently is bursting...

So basically an effective formula is release an Original Colorway XI and viola! Jordans become relevant again?

It was always hard to get Jordans from what I remember. Some I just missed out on from bad behavior.

It was always hard to get Jordans from what I remember. Some I just missed out on from bad behavior.

For real? I remember you could walk in the store and grab a pair. Didn't have to line up over night or raffles or any of that silly stuff.

I think it was when the 88 white cements were releasing, I was drunk leaving a club/bar and I seen all these people lined up and huddle in blankets. I asked one guy what they were doing and he said lining up for jordan's. I said "oh so you guys aren't homeless?" :lol: the look on man's face tho

First time I had to stand in line was in 05 for the Flint 13s. Got the advice from NT now that I think about it. :lol:

I miss the old raffle system with the tickets and they call u..way more luck than these stupid apps

Well I didn't own that many Jordans growing up as is, so that could be a big reason. First pair was Obsidian XVs I got in 2nd grade, traded someone a pair of White/Blue Filas for a pair of Chicago Patent 1s, missed out on a pair of Carolina Vs so got the Black/Grey XXIs on sale as an alternative, and got the last size 10.5 of Black Cat 3s for the first day of HS. Outside of that, it was pretty much 2 for $89 and bargain shoes.

Didn't get into sneakers heavily until 11th grade when a friend introduced me into a site that can't be named.

Last edited:
actually da XI/XII CDP da year before started that snowball.

It was CDPs and 'Ye rockin' AJ Is, IIIs & VIs around that time frame. Sadly that was also when Nike was putting out the worst quality retro kicks.

My frame of reference ends at around 2007 and before for retro Js. Where do the current ones rank in comparison to that era?

While I do still look at shoes as an investment, I guess it can also be an luxury and if it is a luxury...I would at least like to have a steady income to supply this habit of my own.

Good or bad.

I took like 6-8 years off from kicks and niketalk and sporadically came back when i saw i needed it, i would say im back in the game but for the reasons of performance basketball/sports leasiure clothing and shoes.

Not like before when i was a teenager in highschool or my early college years, buying what was hot in the streets of nyc.

Even with the time retirement i took Jordan brand still pumps out :emoji_poop: retros
and people still buy it.

Fakes have gotten so good that it takes a team of scientists and engineers to figure if its the real deal.

Has the sneaker bubble bursted? Yes.

Cause when u see people solely using Snkrs app or other tools to obtain the latest hype and just screen capping the "got em" and a few minutes later posting them on ebay or mercari etc Its tells you people are only it for a quick buck and not the culture.

It’s diminished somewhat and I for one am glad. It’s going back to niche it was. People who are casually into them just get the newest Vapormax and call it an afternoon.

To me it’s like on or bust. Either shoes are super “hot” or they’re not. Think the difference between before and now is that now in 2-3 months (majority of the time) no matter how “hot” a shoe was it won’t be

Back
Top Bottom