Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

8915cbd9-3ff8-4375-b41c-fcdec629bb5b.jpg

9-3.
pimp.gif

Mr. Nowitzki

27.5 PPG
9.3 RPG
2.6 APG
1.6 BPG
1.1 SPG
1.5 TO's

He's ready this year.

Gooden since Dampier's been out.

16.6 PPG on 62% shooting
12 RPG
1 BPG.

Hell of an effort from our forwards.

Kris needs to have a TAD bit more composure, he's getting huge block attempts, but often resulting in a foul. He also could have thrown down a potentialdunk of the year if it didn't jiggle out.
laugh.gif

7 of the next 8 are very friendly towards us.

VS Sac,VS GSW
@ HOU, @ IND, @ CLE,
VS PHI
@ NJN, @ MEM.

The next five should be good indicators of how we'll do this season. Let our guys rest the next two games, then hopefully get Marion/Damp back for Houston.Josh said he'd be ready sooner rather than later, but I'm not going to hold my breath anymore. We don't need to rely on him anymore. If he comesback and plays fine, good.

I love the effort from our forwards. Tim Thomas went out there and played just 13 minutes. He was very efficient out there. He played very hard and almost gotsomeone on a poster (I forgot who it was). It almost brought a tear to my eye to see TT play so hard for a team who he used to blow kisses to. All of his shotswere inside too, which made me very happy. Kris was damn good tonight. Yeah he was 2-7, but a lot of those were missed lay-ups where he'd go back up and goback up and keep fighting. Five offensive boards? We'll take it. Played very good, hard defense. Barea blows my mind with his terrible shot selection, Idon't care if it goes in, he has probably the poorest shot selection of anyone in the L. Dude thinks he always has the greenlight. JET was off tonight, buthit some big shots for us late... Still would have been nice to see him shoot SOMEWHERE near 40%.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
. Ross tried to hard to get involved on offensetonight. He isn't any good unless he's taking an open jumper or has an open lane to the basket. Kidd really needs to work on his buckets around thebasket. I swear for a PG he has the Eric Snow syndrome. The guy cannot hit a contested layup, ever. I've yet to see it. But he still gives this team a ton,and I love him for it, but he just needs to learn to give it up sometimes, because the guy only hits WIDE OPEN layups. Roddy was playing kind of wrecklesstonight. He was good shooting the ball, but he tried a LITTLE too hard tonight. It made me a bit uncomfortable. If we can get Gooden and Dampier to playconsitently TOGETHER? Holy hell I love our chances in the West this year. Give us a fighting chance if everything else is clicking with Dirk, JET, and Kidd. Istill need to see a bit more of Marion, but I'm confident with Dirk, I don't care how if he's shooting a bit worse than usual, he's coming upHUGE in the clutch.

--Dirk and Dallas are ballin it up right now. Cuban gotta be pleased. Props.
--Great game to watch from a basketball standpoint.

I'm still not a fan of Quinton Ross. I think we could have done better in free agency. There really isn't much difference between the other guyswe've been trotting out there the past couple of years (Buckner, Hassell, Wright, etc.) Should have gone with the guy playing for the other team tonight,Keith Bogans. Or give Desmond Mason a call.

I've never been sold on Desmond Mason, but Keith Bogans would have been nice.

And yeah, it does appear to be just another Wright, Buckner, Griffin unfortunately.

dirk diggler is carrying our team on his back in the 4th . . no one else is stepping up.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
@ what dirk is doing out there though.

Gooden
pimp.gif

TT
pimp.gif

Kris.
pimp.gif

I hope Brandon is enjoying his extra 2 minutes per game and extra two minutes of fame in ORL.
grin.gif

I'll take Kris.
pimp.gif

And Gooden/Dampier.
sick.gif

just now commenting on humphries block, that was sick... hopefully we can pull this off
be kind of embarrassing to lose this one at home...

I don't worry about our team losing in the second half as much anymore, we seem to capitalize when it matters.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Good game, y'all. I'm actually surprised we played the way we did.
We couldn't crash the boards, which was pathetic.

We can make excuses and say Matrix and Dampier would have helped, but still.

Barea is trash, the three-PG line-up doesn't work with JET/Barea, give Roddy all of Barea's minutes. At least Roddy ain't a liability on defense.

Losing a game like that is so damn typical of past Mavericks teams...

How many times do they need to fail to put a team away when they get 10 point leads before we start worrying about it?

Vintage Mavs vs GS last night...they [Mavs] are repeatedly falling into GS trap of a fast pace offense...they went away from playing D and were justtrying to go head to head..

The Mavs are better than this....they should showcase that tonight against Houston

Lets gettem..

Back
Top Bottom