Damn, Elon...you scary.

We all know about tech luminaries and modern visionaries like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg...but not as many people know about a man whose aptitude, swagger and vision arguably eclipses those of all the aforementioned individuals...
That man is Elon Musk.

Quick rundown of his resume...

At the age of 23 he created Zip2, an online content publishing software for news organizations, which he sold to Compaq for a couple years later for $307 million...
sick.gif

Musk is also 1 of the architects and masterminds behind the revolutionary digital payment system, Paypal, which was acquired by eBay for $1.5 Billion.

He is founder and CEO of a SPACE TRANSPORT company, (
30t6p3b.gif
) Space X, which has created the new spacecraft set to replace NASA's aging shuttles.

He is the Chairman, financier and brainchild of Solar City, the leading provider of residential solar power in America.

And he is the founder and CEO of Tesla Motors. The car company that is quietly revolutionizing the auto industry with its every move. 

Did I mention dude is only 40?
smokin.gif

Many of us may like to imagine that we possess the intelligence or ability of an Elon Musk...but how many of us have his drive and "testicular fortitude?

Get inspired or amazed by the life story of Elon Musk...

Elon Musk Profiled: Bloomberg Risk Takers

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

And he is the founder and CEO of Tesla Motors. The car company that is quietly revolutionizing the auto industry with its every move.  

laugh.gif
 not sure if srs.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

laugh.gif
 not sure if srs.

Yeah, Peak Oil is just another conspiracy theory anyways... 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

laugh.gif
 not sure if srs.

Watch the video.
Former GM Chairman Bob Lutz thanks Musk for changing the game with Tesla.

"Whether Tesla is every hugely successful of not...I'll always owe them a debt of gratitude for kinda haven broken the ice."

They were the first American Car Company IPO since Henry Ford, they're bringing car manufacturing back to the states while everyone else jumps ship...and they are the vanguard of the new generation of electric cars, which I believe will become the standard once economics and engineering become more feasible.  

The Volt, the Leaf, The Smart Car, the sexyass/high performance Model S...Mercedes launching their own electric Gullwing SLS.

They patented the electric drivetrain, which is the industry standard at the moment. Toyota already paying royalties to use their design. 

Electric cars are taking off in Europe. They will blow up in the US after all of the kinks are worked out in the early generations.

I know I would buy 1.

I think he meant that Tesla motors quietly revolutionizing the auto industry isn't a serious statement.

That's how I heard of Elon Musk, through Tesla motors and I'm not even in to cars.

Originally Posted by JayHood23

$307 mil at 23.....I'd act a fool

eek.gif

sick.gif

edit:
alien.gif
.. Founded the comp @ 23 and sold it for $300mil a few years afterwards.. Still, couple of hundred mil in your 20's is downright 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Absolutely crazy. He's also much more diversified than Gates/Jobs/Zuckerberg... they stayed in their fields but Musk is branching out and actually changing the world instead of an industry.

If he's doing that with less than a billion though, imagine what someone like Bill Gates could do with over $50 billion in control.

Back
Top Bottom