Damn Nature, You Are Amazing!!!

People constantly think that they could tame any animal. I honestly wouldn't even care if something happened to the "owner" if the wild animal didn't pose a danger to other people's pets.

Last edited:
Spoke to my parents yesterday and they gave me an update on their chickens. Their broody hen killed one of her week-old chicks by stepping on its back and crushing it to death (they found it splayed on the ground, face first). She didn't even bother my dad when he went to pick it up.

The young rooster finally took the throne. He and the older rooster evidentially (they didn't see any of this, they just pieced together the evidence) got into a fight and the young rooster managed to blind the older one's left eye. My dad said he found him hiding under the mower. He came out when he heard my dad's voice, but then the young rooster also came running and pinned him into a corner of the shed and started to peck him. My dad then took the older one into a separate fenced-in area, and he said the young rooster would go right up to the fence and crow as loud as he could to assert his dominance over the older one. He tried to reintegrate the older one, but the young one tried to attack him again and the older one went running under a chair. His hens left him after that.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom