Damon Dash, Biggs Re-Release 'Reasonable Doubt' Online

That's flagrant G
smh.gif

I knew I was right to who owns the masters, if it was 50/50 Ol Man Jigga would have say so in this grimey act. How they gonna put RD online officially.
laugh.gif

Damon Dash and Burke retained the rights to the masters to Jay-Z's classic album Reasonable Doubt when Roc-A-Fella was sold to Island Def Jam in 2004 for $10 million dollars.
Told yall

smokin.gif

I thought everyone knew that Dame owned the masters.....Thats what Jay wanted all along.....He was gonna give dame everything in exchange for the masters to RD

"Yall know what happened. [Jay] made a request to the 'powers that be' that… he maintain control of it [Roc-A-Fella] and that we weren't a part of it. And that's what he asked for and that's what he got. That's what happened. There's nothing more to it."
"I mean, you know I was reading about it [the Roc-A-Fella transition], but I didn't believe it … I didn't think it would happen that was my brother to me it was like a betrayal. But it is what it is. I'm sure he felt he was right the way he presented business. So if that's the way he felt our relationship was, that's what it is.
"Was [Jay's "Lost Ones"] about us? I mean I think the first verse was, definitely… I mean yeah. I was a little disappointed I didn't know he got down like that. Again it was another embarrassment to our movement, but whatever. I don't know what's on his mind these days he's like a different guy so we don't know. He's not who we thought he was. The thing is nobody really ever asked him any questions about +#%# like that so it's not for me to answer what he's thinkin. But he can answer himself… I can't even tell you what that man thinking. I don't know him like that."

This N' is a straight bird.
eyes.gif

Stop crying because you're worthless now and nobody cares about you. Get over it
laugh.gif

Thats why the beef REALLY went down but dame and them wont tell you if they would of gave it to jay the dynasty would still be here.

I thought everyone knew they owned the masters, Jay said it in that XXL 10th Anniversary to RD issue, about how he would give them the Roc and everything, andhe heven mentioned this on songs before.
But this is kinda lame though...seems like they're just tryin to poke their chests out since Jay just dropped

^ Its not about it flopping, read the article Dame doin this for other reasons. RD flopping? doubt it anyway cuz somebody everyday is claimin to be an Ol ManJigga expert by getting his whole catalog.

smokin.gif

When you kids grow up, you will understand business.

What's the point of owning the rights to an album if you're not going to sell it?

Dame and Biggs own the album. They own it for a reason. Because they put major WORK into it. And into the company known as Rocafella.

They just supposed to bury it? Senseless.

^ that's what i'm saying. they're just trying to make more money off their asset. they already owned the rights to it, so it's not likethey're playing Jay with this move.

MJ buying Em's masters, THAT is a boss move. Dame and Biggs are just trying to milk the hell outta this cause they're not getting $$$ from their majorcash cow (Hov) anymore

Originally Posted by avitale8

I thought everyone knew they owned the masters, Jay said it in that XXL 10th Anniversary to RD issue, about how he would give them the Roc and everything, and he heven mentioned this on songs before.
Word.

Dame and Biggs own the album. They own it for a reason
you are inferring that they own the album to make money off of it. but thats not it... they own the album to spite Jay. they couldve easily hadthe rocafella brand and could have made more money off of that but they wanted to act like females and give jay rd.

Originally Posted by Buddha JAPE

Dame and Biggs own the album. They own it for a reason
you are inferring that they own the album to make money off of it. but thats not it... they own the album to spite Jay. they couldve easily had the rocafella brand and could have made more money off of that but they wanted to act like females and give jay rd.

With that said why do jay get a bad wrap about the break up I honestly think that is the reason for the break up

Back
Top Bottom