Dang, Stu Scott has cancer

ohwell.gif
Hang in there man

ESPN's Scott gets cancer diagnosis after appendectomy

By Michael Hiestand, USA TODAY

ESPN anchor Stuart Scott has been diagnosed with a malignancy in his appendix and plans to begin chemotherapy.

The malignancy was discovered when he had emergency appendectomy surgery on Nov. 26. He had a second surgery to remove surrounding tissue.

A statement Thursday from ESPN said Scott's physicians "are confident they eliminated the cancerous tissue but have prescribed preventative chemotherapy."

Scott will return to on-air studio work on ESPN's NBA doubleheader Friday and will debut as ABC's NBA studio host on Christmas Day. If needed, ESPN's Mark Jones would sub for Scott.

Says Scott, in a statement: "Talk about a shocker … But I'm not the type of guy to let this eat up my life."

Dang.
frown.gif

I mean, I've talked about how annoying dude is and how hard he tries (too hard), but this is a separate thing right here.

I hope nothing but the best for him, including a full, painless recovery.

Stay up, Stu.
pimp.gif
Get back on air so we can hear more of your 'BOOYAH!' and 'This one's for Pookie and Ray-Ray and all them.'

is that why he has not been on mondaynight football pregame?

stay in there stu
that new espn x-mas spot is funny

I dont really like him,
but I wish him the best of luck and a painless recovery
Get well soon

co-sign w. Ska....I find him annoying as [ska] heck [/ska], but this is a real-life matter here...I hope for a fast recovery....seems like cancer is becomingas common as a cold...If you haven't made a donation to cancer research, please do so....

Dang that sucks. my uncle has cancer wouldnt wish it on anyone. my wifes mom died from cancer.
hope he makes it through okay.

Back
Top Bottom