DaSean Butler torn ACL, Sprained MCL. (Great Article) Read.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by haiti5

pimp.gif
at bob thuggins

the pain of tearin your ACL is
sick.gif
  i hope some teams still take a chance on him, although he will likely miss individual workouts and such
Yeah, dude won't be able to even play ball for at least 5-6 months. So sad because dudes stock was skyrocketing and now this...
frown.gif

It went from a sprained MCL to a torn ACL
eek.gif
smh.gif

the way he was in agony on the floor last night had me thinking damn his ACL ... then all the reports said sprain and i was like wow thank goodness ... but i guess it seemed to good to be true
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Durden7

I thought Huggins act was VERY uncomfortable to watch.

Butler a lottery pick?  As long as hes picked after Zoubek in the lottery I can see it. 

may I ask you why you thought it was uncomfortable to watch?  I felt REAL bad for WVU when Butler went down....In watching Huggy in the post-game, he kept saying Butler thought he had let the whole team down. 
frown.gif

I never expected Huggins to go out there and console him like he did, but when emotions are running high, you check your ego at the door and do what you feel. 

Huggins was laying on top of Butler on the court.  Im all for coaches having some sympathy for players and being humans on the court, but it was weird to see Huggins laying on top of Butler and grabbing him like he was.  Its not something I want to see during a basketball game.  I didnt feel bad for Butler.  I felt just uncomfortable and had to walk away.  It was almost creepy.

Also, Huggins actions didnt change my mind about him at all.  I still think hes a jerk.

im pretty sure he didnt want the camera hoovering over him showing him cry

Butler a lottery pick?  As long as hes picked after Zoubek in the lottery I can see it. 

may I ask you why you thought it was uncomfortable to watch?  I felt REAL bad for WVU when Butler went down....In watching Huggy in the post-game, he kept saying Butler thought he had let the whole team down. 
frown.gif

I never expected Huggins to go out there and console him like he did, but when emotions are running high, you check your ego at the door and do what you feel. 

Huggins was laying on top of Butler on the court.  Im all for coaches having some sympathy for players and being humans on the court, but it was weird to see Huggins laying on top of Butler and grabbing him like he was.  Its not something I want to see during a basketball game.  I didnt feel bad for Butler.  I felt just uncomfortable and had to walk away.  It was almost creepy.

Also, Huggins actions didnt change my mind about him at all.  I still think hes a jerk.
To each his own, but I felt truly sorry for WVU and more specifically Butler as soon as he went down.  He has been their pulse for the longest time.  Not only did his injury deflate the Mountaineers, but also he may have just cost himself a good chunk of change due to his potentially slipping draft status.  It was a touching moment where a coach, who more than likely is a father-figure, consoled his defeated player.  Like I said before...I wasn't expecting it, but it's an image that I'll never forget.  It's much like the father who came out during the olympics and helped his son cross the finish line after he pulled a hammy...it's like Byron Leftwich's teammates hoisting him down the field to get the play in when he had a bad ankle....all images ingrained in my memory for how much empathy sometimes takes precedence over sport.  This is why I love college hoops so much.  Whatever Huggins' transgressions were in the past, should have been forgotten at least for the 5 minutes that he stayed by his fallen player. 

*Another question....why didn't you feel bad for Butler?

Sad.  But kid will be fine if he follows the rehab to a T.  A torn ACL wasn't what it once was. 

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Damn a lottery pick... then with a few mins left in the very last game of your college career you get the worst injury possible... damn that is the definition of worst case scenario

& whats even worse is the fact that the game was pretty much out of reach.

And this is why I NEVER fault kids leaving college for the NBA. I hope Butler has his degree within reach if basketball no longer is.

I believe he's graduating in May with some sort of honors if I heard the telecast correctly.

Why wouldn't Butler have been a lottery pick? After the top 5-6 picks the rest of the 1st round are up for grabs man. Dude could easily IMO fall into late lottery if he hadn't been hurt

Only a few ball players can come back playing normal after such gruesome injury. Your lateral movement, hops and speed decrease dramatically after an injury like this. And not to mention the nervous feeling of reinjuring it will probably forever stick in your head.

Hope dude gets better, he truly is a big time player. I wish him a speedy recovery. Good Luck DaSean.

frown.gif

To each his own, but I felt truly sorry for WVU and more specifically Butler as soon as he went down.  He has been their pulse for the longest time.  Not only did his injury deflate the Mountaineers, but also he may have just cost himself a good chunk of change due to his potentially slipping draft status.  It was a touching moment where a coach, who more than likely is a father-figure, consoled his defeated player.  Like I said before...I wasn't expecting it, but it's an image that I'll never forget.  It's much like the father who came out during the olympics and helped his son cross the finish line after he pulled a hammy...it's like Byron Leftwich's teammates hoisting him down the field to get the play in when he had a bad ankle....all images ingrained in my memory for how much empathy sometimes takes precedence over sport.  This is why I love college hoops so much.  Whatever Huggins' transgressions were in the past, should have been forgotten at least for the 5 minutes that he stayed by his fallen player. 

*Another question....why didn't you feel bad for Butler?

It deflated a team that was already down and headed towards a loss.  Its not like his injury severly affected the team other than on an emotional level.  He wasnt going to make the league anyways so the injury doesnt affect him in that regards either.  Theres differences between Huggins act and the olympics race/leftwich moments.  The olympics race was about a father helping his son accomplish something he dreamed about doing.  Huggins was preventing people from seeing his player cry.  Leftwich was giving everything he had to help his team stay in that game.  That was about teamwork and a bond between players on the field.  Huggins was laying on top of his player rubbing his face.  I just felt very uncomfortable watching it more than any other emotion.

What really made it uncomfortable was how Huggins reacted.  If he helped Butler up, let Butler lean on him, gave him a hug, etc. I wouldnt have found it weird but more heartwarming.  It was just awkward that Butler was on the floor in pain/crying and Huggins went over and layed across him while he caressed Butlers face.  Even if Huggins kneeled down, held Butlers face and tried to verbally console him in that manner I wouldnt have found it weird, but just the way Huggins reacted creeped me out.

I dont feel bad for Butler because his injury isnt a big deal.  They werent going to the title game, he wasnt a 1st round pick and guaranteed money.  I never want to see anyone injured, but I dont feel any worse for Butler than I do anyone else who gets injured.  I felt worse for Robbie Hummel than I did Butler, but few people were giving compassion towards Rob earlier this year.

That was so unfortunate for Butler, I can't imagine a worst way to end a college career

I really hope he recovers and some team drafts him in June

tearing your acl is not fun at all...it happen to me , and trust me the worst pain ive been through, specially after surgery ..it hurts so bad plus going through physical therpy

It deflated a team that was already down and headed towards a loss. Its not like his injury severly affected the team other than on anemotional level.  He wasnt going to make the league anyways so theinjury doesnt affect him in that regards either.  Theres differencesbetween Huggins act and the olympics race/leftwich moments.  Theolympics race was about a father helping his son accomplish somethinghe dreamed about doing.  Huggins was preventing people from seeing hisplayer cry.  Leftwich was giving everything he had to help his teamstay in that game.  That was about teamwork and a bond between playerson the field.  Huggins was laying on top of his player rubbing hisface.  I just felt very uncomfortable watching it more than any otheremotion.

What really made it uncomfortable was how Hugginsreacted.  If he helped Butler up, let Butler lean on him, gave him ahug, etc. I wouldnt have found it weird but more heartwarming.  It wasjust awkward that Butler was on the floor in pain/crying and Hugginswent over and layed across him while he caressed Butlers face.  Even ifHuggins kneeled down, held Butlers face and tried to verbally consolehim in that manner I wouldnt have found it weird, but just the wayHuggins reacted creeped me out.

I dont feel bad for Butlerbecause his injury isnt a big deal.  They werent going to the titlegame, he wasnt a 1st round pick and guaranteed money.  I never want tosee anyone injured, but I dont feel any worse for Butler than I doanyone else who gets injured.  I felt worse for Robbie Hummel than Idid Butler, but few people were giving compassion towards Rob earlierthis year.
What an abundance of nonsense.

Lottery pick?

Marginal athleticism, lack of foot speed, lateral quickness. Not a great shooter. Is he a 2 or 3?

He was never a lottery pick and not a lock to go in round 1.

Yes, he's clutch..and finds ways to carry his teams to wins. But, He isn't ever going to be given that type of role on the next level, so how does he then impact the game? Something he'll have to figure out.

I think plenty of people had sympathy for hummell..but difference is, it wasn't in the Final 4, and it wasn't Hummel's senior year.

And I'm not sure how Huggins actions would make anyone feel any emotion other than that of sympathetic. Certainly not uncomfortable.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

It deflated a team that was already down and headed towards a loss. Its not like his injury severly affected the team other than on anemotional level.  He wasnt going to make the league anyways so theinjury doesnt affect him in that regards either.  Theres differencesbetween Huggins act and the olympics race/leftwich moments.  Theolympics race was about a father helping his son accomplish somethinghe dreamed about doing.  Huggins was preventing people from seeing hisplayer cry.  Leftwich was giving everything he had to help his teamstay in that game.  That was about teamwork and a bond between playerson the field.  Huggins was laying on top of his player rubbing hisface.  I just felt very uncomfortable watching it more than any otheremotion.

What really made it uncomfortable was how Hugginsreacted.  If he helped Butler up, let Butler lean on him, gave him ahug, etc. I wouldnt have found it weird but more heartwarming.  It wasjust awkward that Butler was on the floor in pain/crying and Hugginswent over and layed across him while he caressed Butlers face.  Even ifHuggins kneeled down, held Butlers face and tried to verbally consolehim in that manner I wouldnt have found it weird, but just the wayHuggins reacted creeped me out.

I dont feel bad for Butlerbecause his injury isnt a big deal.  They werent going to the titlegame, he wasnt a 1st round pick and guaranteed money.  I never want tosee anyone injured, but I dont feel any worse for Butler than I doanyone else who gets injured.  I felt worse for Robbie Hummel than Idid Butler, but few people were giving compassion towards Rob earlierthis year.

Its my opinion.  Thank you for sharing yours.

I think plenty of people had sympathy for hummell..but difference is,it wasn't in the Final 4, and it wasn't Hummel's senior year.

And I'm not sure how Huggins actions would make anyone feel any emotionother than that of sympathetic. Certainly not uncomfortable.

The sympathy for Hummel isnt even close to what people were saying last night about Butler.  From what everyone said last night, someone would have thought Butler was paralyzed.  I dont see how the game makes it different.  WV wasnt going to win the game so his season was over already.

To me it was VERY uncomfortable.  He just did it in a creepy way. 

I tore my ACL exactly 4 weeks ago the same exact way Da'Sean did last night... The pain is crazy

Originally Posted by yungmatt

I tore my ACL exactly 4 weeks ago the same exact way Da'Sean did last night... The pain is crazy

While Ballin?? Because i try so hard not to think about getting injured while playing basketball. (Broke my ankle while playing football when i was 13 and even 5 years later it's always on my mind when i play football/basketball)

I can't even imagine shredding up my knee man
smh.gif

Obviously, there's only one fool in this thread and he keeps editing his posts.

what an idiot
laugh.gif

I sort've question someone who sees a situation like that and is so uptight and/or insecure that he immediately thinks of something other than what it is and even has to walk way and leave the room.

It's bigger than some dude "laying on top of" some other dude. It's about a coach and father figure genuinely feeling bad for one of his own. Butler has been documented as a really good kid that seemingly has gone out of his way to do what's right and was probably the last kid anyone wanted to see get hurt in that game. It's not like Huggy kissed him on the lips...he saw his kid in pain, crying, knowing that his career (at least at WVU) was over and he felt for him, so he consoled him.

I generally don't like Huggins but if anything, that was a NICE moment and probably the best thing he could've done in that situation.

It's just tough to watch, he did everything he could to hel his team, and to end your career like that, and not be able to do one thing about it, it must be tough for him and i hope that he makes a speedy recovery and is able to play because to stay all four years and do everything that you've done for the school he, deserves it.

HAVE A SPEEDY RECOVERY De'SEAN!

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

when you tell your ACL i yo hear is a huge POP , then swelling all around knee cap occurs...painfull

i never had surgery till i was 18 since my growth plates werent closed yet...

but over that period of time i atleast re-tore it like 4 times ....

Back
Top Bottom