Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
“Chris should have done something”?? This has been explained many times during the aftermath of the slap but Chris Rock has a nonverbal disorder…..

Chris could have done a lot of things after being slapped

for example, he could have sued the academy for their lack of security and/or not dealing with will in any manner after the fact

like with those fans in Detroit who decided they wanted to either go on that court or throw things, lessens were learned after their unfortunate actions

or like with the chapelle incident, that person sure learned the hard way how stupid his actions were

for example, he could have sued the academy for their lack of security and/or not dealing with will in any manner after the fact

like with those fans in Detroit who decided they wanted to either go on that court or throw things, lessens were learned after their unfortunate actions

or like with the chapelle incident, that person sure learned the hard way how stupid his actions were
OR crazy idea but hear me out. Maybe Will should've just not assaulted someone and then nobody would need to be slapped and no security would be needed. And this incident with Dave would have nothing to do with him. And he would've won an Oscar after decades of being so close. And nobody would be focusing in on their marriage. Maybe that option.

For someone who preaches about equal rights for everybody (which honestly NT is pretty much all behind no matter what you think), you sure do advocate for a lot of violence.
I come in peace.

You should be fully prepared for the consequences of your actions, regardless.
You could not give a **** about Chris Rock being slapped AND not care that this idiot got the life stomped out of him.
In a society where the first response to anything you're unhappy about is violence - is that a society you'd like to be in? Because then we don't have a society.
If so, that's fair enough. I'm just not tough like that I guess.
And I don't care this guy got stomped., he deserved it. He assaulted Dave first - a reasonable response to being hit is to hit back.

Will did not get hit first. I was responding to the message about what Chris SHOULDA done after being assaulted. But I digress.

Your statement about Chris Rick doing something was in regard to him doing something as Will Smith approached the stage, prior to the slap. The news article of his disorder explains why he was not able to.

He will prolly sue Dave, security and the venue and get paid since he is now physically disabled. Message clear though, if you ain't famous, attacking someone on stage has immediate and painful consequences.

So are we supposed blame Will and act like this is the first time someone ran up on an entertainer while onstage?
Comics been getting ran up on for decades. No one bats an eye when a rapper gets ran up on on stage. Let's also not pretend like the lgbtq community hasn't been mad at Dave for the past several months.
Will didn't start no trend just like Kanye didn't start a trend of walking on stage and snatching mics from folks.

OR crazy idea but hear me out. Maybe Will should've just not assaulted someone and then nobody would need to be slapped and no security would be needed. And this incident with Dave would have nothing to do with him. And he would've won an Oscar after decades of being so close. And nobody would be focusing in on their marriage. Maybe that option.

For someone who preaches about equal rights for everybody (which honestly NT is pretty much all behind no matter what you think), you sure do advocate for a lot of violence.
I come in peace.

suing the academy is violence?

i wish none of it happened

i wish Chris rock didn’t joke about jada’s hair.. I wish will didn’t slap him.. I wish the fans in detroit didnt do what they did

However, I realize if you do dumb things you can get dumb responses

actions have consequences

the guy that rushed dave learned the hard that his actions had consequences

Your statement about Chris Rick doing something was in regard to him doing something as Will Smith approached the stage, prior to the slap. The news article of his disorder explains why he was not able to.

i gave multiple examples of actions being taken after something was done

like what happened to the person who tried to tackle chappelle

However, I realize if you do dumb things you can get dumb responses

actions have consequences
So just to be clear. You are fine with a society where violence is an accepted reaction to every dumb action that isn't violent?
It's a yes/no question.

And if your answer is yes - who gets to decide what dumb action deserves violence? So I can have my own standards of what I deem punchable?

Yes we all realize dumb things can get dumb responses. What I'm asking is if you advocate for that. If not, I'm actually not sure what you're defending when it pertains to Will.

Your defense of the retaliation for Detroit and Dave is different to Will. You're defending the Pacers going into the stands and the dude getting punched out by Dave's team. I do too, because THEY (detroit fans and idiot tackler) were the violent instigator.s
The proper comparison to your defense of Will is if you defend the guy tackling Dave because he found something offensive, or if you defend Detroit's fans throwing **** at players because they found Artest's actions offensive.

If not, why's that different to Will's situation?

Last edited:
So are we supposed blame Will and act like this is the first time someone ran up on an entertainer while onstage?
Comics been getting ran up on for decades. No one bats an eye when a rapper gets ran up on on stage. Let's also not pretend like the lgbtq community hasn't been mad at Dave for the past several months.
Will didn't start no trend just like Kanye didn't start a trend of walking on stage and snatching mics from folks.
Examples of professional comics who been attacked onstage. 1 from each of the prior 3 decades we got enough examples for this one :lol:

So just to be clear. You are fine with a society where violence is an accepted reaction to every dumb action that isn't violent?
It's a yes/no question.

And if your answer is yes - who gets to decide what dumb action deserves violence? So I can have my own standards of what I deem punchable?

Yes we all realize dumb things can get dumb responses. What I'm asking is if you advocate for that. If not, I'm actually not sure what you're defending when it pertains to Will.

if you joke about someone’s mother, wife, daughter, grandmother or woman of significance in their life.. especially on a sore personal subject

i realize their is a possibility they might fight you

i assume when you decided to make that joke, you accepted that possibility

that goes for anyone

i personally feel violence should be a last resort.. but I’m far from surprised when it happens

if you joke about someone’s mother, wife, daughter, grandmother or woman of significance in their life.. especially on a sore personal subject

i realize their is a possibility they might fight you

i assume when you decided to make that joke, you accepted that possibility

that goes for anyone

i personally feel violence should be a last resort.. but I’m far from surprised when it happens
Again, nobody is surprised. Stupid people do stupid ****.
What I asked was if you advocated the violent response. And judging by this:

" i personally feel violence should be a last resort."

It feels like you don't

Again, nobody is surprised. Stupid people do stupid ****.
What I asked was if you advocated the violent response. And judging by this:

" i personally feel violence should be a last resort."

It feels like you don't

I said multiple times what I thought will smith and/or jada should have done and it didn’t involve violence

As I said multiple times and will say again: they pay a significant amount of money to PR people, let them do their jobs.. the cover of every magazine should have been explaining why jada lost her hair, leave Chris rock and his people to try to clean up THAT mess

but unless presented with the specifics of any situation, I am not going to give a simple yes or no answer

Last edited:
Examples of professional comics who been attacked onstage. 1 from each of the prior 3 decades we got enough examples for this one :lol:

I am not about to go find a bunch of stories and videos for you. You can do that. But If you know anything about the comedy act theater or the town house in LA, that **** happened often. Terrible, but it did.

I am not about to go find a bunch of stories and videos for you. You can do that. But If you know anything about the comedy act theater or the town house in LA, that **** happened often. Terrible, but it did.

No need to look I thought you had the information off the top of your head the way you stated it's been happening for decades. I have never even heard of the comedy act theatre in LA. I'll check that 1 source though to get a gist of how often it happens there.

I have never even heard of the comedy act theatre in LA. I'll check that 1 source though to get a gist of how often it happens there.
I am sure a lot of you dudes have never heard about that club or others like tommy ts in Oakland. Yall just be on here talking.

I am not saying it's the capital, I am just saying it happened often. This new hysteria as if it's a new trend is ridiculous.
You're just used to it because of the comedy clubs you frequent. I've never seen a comedian assaulted onstage before and didn't know it was so commonplace as you put it.

Back
Top Bottom