Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
I didn’t say we should do anything..

im just saying I have zero problem with groups of individuals getting more rights/power.. to me, it’s a good thing

if I want to insult someone, I can get creative and insult them without demeaning another group of people just for being

Last edited:
1633644992791.png

This trans person considers Dave one of her "comedy heroes."

Clearly they must have been laughing when Dave was calling black people ******s,
calling women *****es.
making fun of R. Kelly urinating on a minor and video taping it.
ect ect

It's hard for me to take you seriously if Dave was your comedy hero a minute ago,
but now that he makes a joke about your community

he's a bigot.

It just sounds like special pleading.

I didn’t say we should do anything..

im just saying I have zero problem groups of individuals getting more rights.. to me, it’s a good thing

if I want to insult someone, I can get creative and insult them without demeaning another group of people just for being

Again do they deserve more rights than you? than me? than a woman?, than an asian person?
who is it okay to "demean"?

dave is a crude comedian who has never been above pretty low bro scatological humour.
why is it different now? what made him a genius in 2005 but a bigot today?

1633645537907.png

"a brittle spirit "

This white person I'm sure laughing super hard in 2005 when the jokes were about black people.
but today it's a problem.

it's hard for me not to see a low key undercurrent of racism.
It's like a white person laughing hard to Chris Rock ******s vs black people and then want to talk to me about transphobia in the next breath.

Again do they deserve more rights than you? than me? than a woman?, than an asian person?
who is it okay to "demean"?

dave is a crude comedian who has never been above pretty low bro scatological humour.
why is it different now? what made him a genius in 2005 but a bigot today?

how are they getting more rights than me?

why should it be ok to demean anyone?

in 2005 we weren’t as considerate of the feelings of certain people as we are now.. we didn’t even really consider certain words that offensive or really insensitive

growing up we regularly threw around gay as an insult.. I’m glad I’ve grow up and don’t feel the need to use the sexuality of others as an insult.. ain’t nothing wrong with being gay

as far as I’m concerned, as long as you have consenting adults let your freak fly.. marry 1 person or marry 100

but since there are legit legal implications that come from a marriage, zero problem with anyone making those commitments to another/others

how are they getting more rights than me?

why should it be ok to demean anyone?

in 2005 we weren’t as considerate of the feelings of certain people as we are now.. we didn’t even really consider certain words that offensive or really insensitive

growing up we regularly threw around gay as an insult.. I’m glad I’ve grow up and don’t feel the need to use the sexuality of others as an insult.. ain’t nothing wrong with being gay

as far as I’m concerned, as long as you have consenting adults let your freak fly.. marry 1 person or marry 100

but since there are legit legal implications that come from a marriage, zero problem with anyone making those commitments to another/others

Dave has been making crude jokes about every subject on the planet earth.
racist jokes, sexist jokes, it is all fine...but this one topic deserves a special status the makes ineligible for comedy.

Dave can make drude jokes about race, but this one subject is now untouchable.

it's a inconsistently applied standard that implies a greater level of protection than every other minority group on the planet.

But what rights is anyone getting more than me?

im a straight male, in my lifetime, zero issues getting married.. now in somewhat recent history, that hasn’t always been the case for a straight black person COULD be a whole lotta problems depending on who you decided to marry

im glad certain words or actions can’t as freely be used as they once were at different points in history against/towards black people.. and we need to still fight for a lot of things

a gay person fighting to be able to marry the person they love, i see no problem.. them fighting for certain words not to be used, I see no problem

But what rights is anyone getting more than me?

im a straight male, in my lifetime, zero issues getting married.. now in somewhat recent history, that hasn’t always been the case for a straight black person COULD be a whole lotta problems depending on who you decided to marry

im glad certain words or actions can’t as freely be used as they once were at different points in history

a gay person fighting to be able to marry the person they love, i see no problem.. them fighting for certain words not to be used, I see no problem

it's a strawman, no one is arguing about marriage quality. I just wrote a whole long *** post about the difference between gay marriage and modern gender politics.

Dave said he supports them using the bathroom they want to use, usuing their correct pronouns, getting the medical care.
but he's still being called transphobic, why because you he's not allowed to use to same crude language and comedy style he applies to every other subject.

which means that Trans issues have a special status that makes them ineligible for comedy.
my point is why? why are trans issues different than any other minority groups issues? why do they get special status.

I have a theory;
and maybe in 50 years ill be wrong about this and ill look like a dinosaur but here goes;

Gay rights groups have been on an unprecedented, winning streak for a minority rights movement.

their biggest battle,;the fight for marriage equality
has been such total and compete victory, their opponents have basically run for the hills

Christian conservative politicians have gone from trying to get a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage to basically pretending the issue doesn't exist.

that brings us to today.

With nothing left to fight for in the realm of gay rights, rather than closing up shop,

they've simply decided to transition this massive powerful infrastructure of non profit activist organizations to transgender rights.

hoping to leverage the same strategies; elite cultural influence and public shaming to enforce a new ideology.

but I think they are running into a problem,; the modern progressive ideology on gender identity
doesn't make total sense, and is at times out of step with American individualistic,
liberal democratic cultural norms

The case for gay marriage has none of these conflicts;
it doesn't really impact you if two consenting same sex adults want to get married.

the arguments against it were strained and often involved bizarre bank shot theories of cultural decline cause by the weakening of marriage as an institution some wacky bull ****.

Modern gender politics it's much easier to make the case that it does impact other people.

- They want people to change language in deep and often times contradictory ways,

- And not only do you have to change your language, you need to actively police the language of others lest you be accused of insufficient allyship.

- if you speak a gendered language like French or Spanish
You need to adopt unpronounceable, degendered terms like "Latinx"

- if a white person like say demi Lovato, cuts their hair shot and says they go by they them pronouns
You need to instantly confer upon them a super minority status that makes them untouchable as a subject for comedy,
or you'll have your entire lively hood taken from you.

This is a MUCH tougher lift and I don't think it's going to work ,
I think most people are like Dave, they are willing to accommodate trans people

and call them by their chose pronouns.
want them to receive the appropriate healthcare.
and want them to use the bathroom of that aligns with their gender identity.

but are not willing to accept that any joke made at their expense is equivalent to a violent attack on their personhood.

im not making a value judgment or taking a side on this issue but
that's my read on the situation.

I havent even watched the new special but this was pretty much his point in one of his two specials during his initial Netflix rollout.

Their inability to be joked about as well as the fact that this movement is gaining steam because white males are interested in a new lane.

And I think his bit about transracial equivalence is never addressed when asked what the difference between the two is, besides the fact that the transracial person is deemed crazy.

it's a strawman, no one is arguing about marriage quality. I just wrote a whole long *** post about the difference between gay marriage and modern gender politics.

Dave said he supports them using the bathroom they want to use, usuing their correct pronouns, getting the medical care.
but he's still being called transphobic, why because you he's not allowed to use to same crude language and comedy style he applies to every other subject.

which means that Trans issues have a special status that makes them ineligible for comedy.
my point is why? why are trans issues different than any other minority groups issues? why do they get special status.

if any group asks you not to use what you deem “crude language“, how supportive are you really being?

maybe you should actually hear that group out and consider what they think of that language

I know words from childhood that were regularly used and weren’t deemed THAT bad then.. Words offensive to gay people, words offensive to those with disabilities and hell words offensive to Asian people

hell look at the Washington football team name or the Cleveland baseball team mascot

or how about even those sports teams that don’t have offensive names and/or imagery but you got 10s of thousands of white people doing the ‘chop’ when they massacred their people

It wasn't bad, it was just comedic situations. He was stating goofy situations that are overexaggerated with punchlines sprinkled in. He does state some personal views, but he wasn't disrespectful in anyway.

if any group asks you not to use what you deem “crude language“, how supportive are you really being?

maybe you should actually hear that group out and consider what they think of that language
did you watch the special?
this is my point, Dave didn't use any slurs in reference to trans people. he made various somewhat crude jokes about various things about trans people.
he didn't just call people slurs.

I know words from childhood that were regularly used and weren’t deemed THAT bad then.. Words offensive to gay people, words offensive to those with disabilities and hell words offensive to Asian people

hell look at the Washington football team name or the Cleveland baseball team mascot

or how about even those sports teams that don’t have offensive names and/or imagery but you got 10s of thousands of white people doing the ‘chop’ when they massacred their people

im not arguing that things don't change or shouldn't change,
im saying the changes the LGBT groups are asking for go pretty far beyond what has been accorded to minority groups in the past.

if you want to say that we need to defer to the most expansive definitions off offensiveness and harm that's fine
but apply the standard consistently.

did you watch the special.
this is my point, Dave didn't use any slurs in reference to trans people. he made various somewhat crude jokes about various things about trans people.
he didn't just call people slurs.

im not arguing that things don't change or shouldn't change,
im saying the changes the LGBT groups are asking for go pretty far beyond what has been accorded to minority groups in the past.

if you want to say that we need to defer to the most expansive definitions off offensiveness and harm that's fine
but apply the standard consistently.

im responding to what you post, I’m asking you to explain the things you’re saying

That’s why I’m quoting you

and Im happy for things to be equal for everyone

Generally speaking as much as you might hate it, if you’re born a man you are in fact a man. You can put on all the wigs you want. Still a man. I guess facts are ignorance nowadays.
I would say biologically, it is a fact. But I believe that you can strive to become whatever you feel comfortable with, just expect to be not accepted by everyone.

I would say biologically, it is a fact. But I believe that you can strive to become whatever you feel comfortable with, just expect to be not accepted by everyone.

which is the saddest part.. historically there are the obvious examples of people treating people thar are/were different from them like shh

but even amongst white people ain’t long ago that many facets were look down upon and would think that would help to build things.. but nah.. Look at the Irish.. or things that used to be said about greeks or Italians

just look at sage Steele all it took was a lil bit of acceptance for her to start shh-ing on her own people

I'm generally in agreement that gender societal norms dont have to be accepted. Hell, it already differs from culture to culture. But it seems as their the arguement for transgendered goes far beyond just gender roles and expectations.

Back
Top Bottom