David Stern RETIRING!

Stopping the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers? Then letting it go through to the clips?

david stern, adam silver...

hmmm.....

hopefully someday the nba will have a guy who's actually dribbled a ball at least once in his life as commissioner

david stern, adam silver...

hmmm.....

hopefully someday the nba will have a guy who's actually dribbled a ball at least once in his life as commissioner
Oh yea, great idea. Let's choose one of the players in the NBA who most likely didn't even finish their college degree. Perfect.

Let's not hire individuals who actually received doctorates and master degrees for business and law.

Players, great idea.

Do you guys constantly forget that the NBA is a multi-billion dollar business first and foremost? Jesus

Oh yea, great idea. Let's choose one of the players in the NBA who most likely didn't even finish their college degree. Perfect.
Let's not hire individuals who actually received doctorates and master degrees for business and law.
Players, great idea.
Do you guys constantly forget that the NBA is a multi-billion dollar business first and foremost? Jesus

But Michael jordan is doing so well as an owner!

Best thing he did was change the dress code.

+1, made the league look 100x more professional.

i dont know why dudes cry about it still. its been years and players could careless now. its the norm now and it looks good.

Players, great idea.
way to stereotype.

hope you ain't one of those people who gets upset when other people view nba players as a  bunch of loudmouth thugs either

there are plenty of ex-players and players who and will one day be perfectly capable of holding an executive position like this one

people who hold doctorates and masters aren't and shouldn't be viewed as the only kind of people who are in the position of running things while the rest of the population just looks on, especially when it comes to having actual experience in whatever chosen field one works in. 

way to stereotype.

hope you ain't one of those people who gets upset when other people view nba players as a  bunch of loudmouth thugs either

there are plenty of ex-players and players who and will one day be perfectly capable of holding an executive position like this one

people who hold doctorates and masters aren't and shouldn't be viewed as the only kind of people who are in the position of running things while the rest of the population just looks on, especially when it comes to having actual experience in whatever chosen field one works in. 

Running a basketball in no way =/= running a business

Being a commissioner has very little to do with what's on the court which y'all never understand.

You ever hear that saying about sticking with the devil you know?

Posting for June 2015.

Love Stern & sad to see him go. Almost everyone here wasn't even born just before he took over. The NBA wasn't really popular back then largely because the the majority of the players were black. Stern turned that all around by first marketing Magic & Bird, then he made Jordan arguably the biggest sports celebrity in the world. The NBA now enjoys soccer like popularity all over the world which can't be said for NFL, MLB, & NHL.

A lot of dudes on here seem to rail against him because he instituted the dress code, but what you fail to realize is that he helped make players multi-millionaires & even helped the league get it's first black owner & then player (Jordan) become the first majority owner.

I effs wit Stern...Plus him going in on that troll Rome was gold...

And I love the "Adam Silver is the same guy comments."

Name a single thing about Adam Silver without looking at Wiki besides he is the Jewish dude who runs the 2nd round during the draft. You don't. Y'all just assume he will be the same, however Silver is actually really well like by pretty much everyone opposed to Stern who isn't.

RT @sportsguy33 Really happy for Adam Silver - he's one of the smartest people I have met in sports. Truly cares about the league. We're in good hands..

RT @BeckleyMason Chris Paul on Adam Silver: "I love him to death, such a great guy and someone I've always been able to talk to"

Sports fans constantly show their stupidity with their ******e conspiracy theories and inferences.

Locks out will occur from time to time especially with the radical changes in the economy like we've experienced. The length of the last lock out was on the owners, specifically the newer ones like Cleveland's Dan Gilbert who paid half a billion dollars for his team only to see the values of their teams drop. I will say Cleveland is a different than say Memphis, Golden State, or Sacramento in that Gilbert lost Lebron.

Stern couldn't get all the new hard line owners to unify & set an initial tone to open the negotiations. In the end, the owners still won but they had to settle less then what they really wanted in an effort to get as many games in for the season as they could. I have a feeling the next lock out will be worse because these newer owners will want a hard cap, salary roll backs, & a larger split in the revenue share. I say this because I don't see the economy getting much better even years from now.

It's funny, NTers & other sports fans take such umbrage with Stern about the dress code like it had some racist undertones & it did a little bit but what you guys fail to see is that players have never had more power than they do now. How else could we have had "The Decision" or Carmelo getting his way & getting to the Knicks, or Howard getting to LA. Food for thought...

Same people that want to give Stern credit for the "growth" of the NBA should actually be giving that credit to Magic/Bird/and MJ. On top of ALL of that, should be Nike.

Magic and Bird got the interest, coast to coast, LA/Boston, history, rivalry, black/white all got the buzz goin.

Nike + MJ came in and redefined marketing, and brought the NBA (and Stern) along with it.

Stern wasn't runnin those Just Do It ads, he ain't have Gatorade singin Be Like Mike every other commercial, naw, that got NOTHING to do with Stern. He was just sitting there while the game grew in popularity.

Stern did some good things, he may have been ahead of the curve technology wise, globalization may be a credit to him, but the game didn't suddenly grow and blow up over a single damn thing he did in the 80's. And the moment that Magic/Bird and MJ were all gone, the NBA went into a lockout.

As for basketball reasons, I don't care about the trade, that can go either way, what I mean about those reasons is the attempt of a non owner trying to "tear down, and rebuild" a franchise. The league ain't no damn owner. They purposely TORE DOWN a franchise, rather than being a competitive franchise. Say that again, the League, THE NBA, tore one of their teams apart, to lose, on purpose, for the sake of rebuilding? :lol: Imagine the NFL taking over the Packers and just dismantling the team piece by piece, for draft picks and going 1-15 in the process. Oh btw, the Pack would be able to guarantee the #1 pick, in the NBA you can't do that, ya know, unless they know something we don't.......Oh, they got the #1 pick overall huh? Oh, hey. Random.

But I mean, it's not like anybody called that, that the Hornets would absolutely win the #1 pick, naw, that ain't happen at all. :lol:

You know Stern had a hand in the Nike & Gatorade marketing right? Although he was hesitant at first, he also pushed for the Dream Team concept into reality which further propelled MJ & the league into the international spot light. That Dream Team was the source of inspiration of non-American players like Yao, Dirk, & Ginobili. They specifically said so in numerous interviews.

People don't realize things like that. I'm old enough to remember how white America viewed the NBA before Bird & Magic. They didn't want to follow a league dominated by black athletes & that also had drug problems.

I mean think about it, the NBA is almost at the level of soccer's English Premier League when it comes to the world's most popular leagues...That's crazy...

Back
Top Bottom