DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Are you sure you want to board this L train, Law3001?

I'll give you a chance to back out

#amelalwayswins

Please

Simple bet if it breaks one dollar over a billi i win, if it falls one dollar short of abilli you win.

No over under just straight reps you set the prize

Lol so if it hits exactly a bil no one wins?

OK. I'll set the prize via pm.

*edit

It would be hilarious if it hits exactly one billion. No one wins but you will have fallen one dollar short of winning and my undefeated streak will still be intact [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
he didn't ask for a Zack Snyder film

Yea.. i knew the Nolan movies.. just was curious if they had any other movies

If BVS didn't do it, highly doubt JL will.. especially after the turd that was BVS

You give JL to a capable director and release it after some nice build up movies, it could do maybe 2 bil

Easily

Batman, superman, WW and even flash.. with brand recognition, should easily be over 700

It's like xmen, all those movies should easily be around a bill

Last edited:
They just did a movie with batman, superman AND WW

With hints of other characters going in.. and didn't do a bill

you need that word of mouth and rewatching to do a bill.. DC ain't getting that right now

I think world wide, batman and superman are far bigger brands than the current avengers prior to the MCU

Xmen and Spiderman were marvels biggest brands

Maybe not 2 bill.. but north of a bill easily

Whether or not it hits a billi; It all hinges on word-of-mouth, bloggers, critics, and us geeks on these message boards.

We all know this movie, like most blockbusters now, are front loaded af. Fanboys, casual fans, the overweight dude wearing a Batman tee-shirt will all show up. Long-term; it helps that the film looks a lot more light-hearted than MoS, BvS, and SS so that'll persuade parents with kiddos who own all the action figures.

^ opening weekend should and will be huge.. unless movie has zero hype, like apocalypse (if I remember correctly)

But if the movie is crap, won't have the legs to carry to the 2nd and 3rd weekends, which it needs to go to a bill

Someone got the list with biggest percentage dropoff from opening weekend to the 2nd weekend that has a bunch of Snyder movies on it

- that is pretty telling when you consider the company on it

Last edited:
I find it difficult to predict which movie would get the bigger box office (or not these days), CWs build up was very good (Cap v IM has been brewing since A1) and a better film than AoU and it still made less.

Lol so if it hits exactly a bil no one wins?

OK. I'll set the prize via pm.

*edit

It would be hilarious if it hits exactly one billion. No one wins but you will have fallen one dollar short of winning and my undefeated streak will still be intact [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

If it hits exactly 1,000,000,000 usd world wide someone should get a mystery prize lol

Quote:
^ opening weekend should and will be huge.. unless movie has zero hype, like apocalypse (if I remember correctly)

But if the movie is crap, won't have the legs to carry to the 2nd and 3rd weekends, which it needs to go to a bill

Someone got the list with biggest percentage dropoff from opening weekend to the 2nd weekend that has a bunch of Snyder movies on it

- that is pretty telling when you consider the company on it
^ Yup. Which is why I think the tone of the movie, in addition to the actual quality of it, will affect your casual movie-goers. Just think, after watching BvS, what did you tell people?

Probably a variation of

- "It was dark"

- "Batman had a premonition. Or a dream?"

- "Well, not much happened until Batman fought Superman",

- "The visuals were great but it went on too long"

Compare that to a Marvel/Star Wars movie where there's obviously stakes involved but there are moments of fun and levity that keep the popcorn eating masses from zoning out completely.

I think it would be a fresh take.

If they are going with a older hal and younger jon have it be like that execpt make it the reverse where the older hal is mptew cowboy and reckless and ypinger jon be be the stick in the mud

No love for Kyle Rayner? Maybe it's just cuz I grew up with him and Wally (white wally, but I'm not mad at him being black now)

Rep bets are weak. I wanna see bet losers shave off their eyebrows or shave their heads.

Back
Top Bottom