DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Saw it.

Film is good.

Suffers from problems that usually hit marvel films. last act and villain are problematic...but still good.

Last edited:
All these Marvel comparisons/mentions I keep reading makes me think Jenkins really didn't change anything for her plans for Thor 2 other than the obvious :lol:

I like Zod. Dude had a cool story. Gave out cool quotes.

Can't lie and say Bats wasn't a villain, though :lol:

Last act was weak?

I thought it was very awesome.

I thought it was a bit scatted. I really didn't understand what ST's plan was untill the moment of truth.

wasn't feeling the final fight sequence, at all, boilerplate CG catastrophe we've seen a bunch of times.

the fight felt a bit like episode of dragon ball z by the end. for good and bad :lol:

it's still a good movie. lest DC fans accuse me of bias.

Chris Pine and Gal Godot really deliver.

Last edited:
I expected a lot from the movie after hearing all my friends talk about it and online review.
My only issue was too many slow mo scenes. And I expected a bit more action. And I didn't really like homeboy as Aries.

Plus no end of credit scene? They shoulda added one like marvel did to always hint at an expanding universe. Meh

Step in the right direction for DC but I personally liked bvs sooo

Last edited:
Just got back from WW. I enjoyed it.
The way Gal portrayed the character tho
laugh.gif
just straight up triggered my simp genes the whole movie

It's rare that you see a woman who is both physically beautiful on that OD supermodel level and has actual charisma
I feel you 
laugh.gif

End fight scene did feel DCEUish with the ending all have a CGI orgy. All of them. And it did gave a lot of slowmo. Could of made it 10mins shorter :lol:

Loved it.

And being a F&F fan, I'm glad I was in on Gadot from jump. :pimp:

She was tremendous. Gonna have a hard time seeing any other woman play this role. She nailed it.

Every actor probably had to do their job with raging hard ons. :lol:

Pine was great, he usually is.

Balance was really good, not too hokey, not too comedic, great blend.

The script was solid enough, plot was really good, the portrayal and story of Diana was excellent, hell, I even liked the note from Bruce as a way to tell her backstory. It all fit.

I KNEW the billion slow mo's would get dinged. :lol:

The action was really, really well done. Little different than other films, lil tweak of the styles, I liked it.

If you have a daughter, or niece, or sister, you want her to see this movie. My daughter (and wife) loved it.

I honestly didn't mind the villians. We all know by now they're disposable in terms of 100 year gaps and such, not like they'll be in sequels and what not, so I was fine with how they shifted and were dealt with. (The pause to get the sword was a bit stretched :lol: )

Should guarantee a sequel and hopefully they let her shine still in JL. Hope they don't water her down. (They can hose her down, but don't water her down tho :evil: )

7.5/8

The DCEU doesn't do end credit scenes I thought?

They've made considerable effort to do the opposite of what gained the MCU massive success.

I also want to say some director or producer (or maybe even an actor) involved with them talked down on the entire practice of doing end credit scenes basically calling it a cheat to storytelling and a cheap attention grabber.

They do mid credit scenes instead of waiting at the end. It was Pattys decision to not cut anything from the film or add a end credit scene

I learned something new since I only saw one of the DCEU movies in theaters.

Had no clue they did mid-credit scenes.

Last edited:
Wow. The first DCEU movie with a soul and an actual story :lol:

I would buy the wonder woman Blu ray for sure.

The only complaint I have was that I thought the movie was going to explain why WW sworn off man. It didn't. But it's K. I wasn't really wondering that much.

My favorite part of the movie was when she crossed no man's land. The final fight was ok and felt very Zach Snyder ish. With the exception of the final fight I really liked the fighting.

I would give the movie a solid 8.5 or 9/10. Easily the best DCEU film and its not close.

Last edited:
Oh and I got to add that I liked the overall score

And Gal Gadot really nailed Wonder Woman. I can't imagine anyone else as WW now

I hope this movie makes a lot a lot of movie so it incentivizes the DCEU to move away from that Zach Snyder / Goyer combo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom