DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Interesting... via Box Office Mojo:

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 3.39.59 PM.png

I wonder how long it will be before studios decide to start producing movies specifically for the Chinese market, as opposed to just tailoring their US-focused films for their censors/standards.

:stoneface: Time out, Wait a minute, hold on, this actually happened? Why haven't we been flooded with articles and social media posts about how "offensive" or "sexist" that is? I could care less to be honest (anime fan, nuff said) but I'm amazed no one has tore into DC for that

Ehhh.... it wasn't quite as bad as it sounds. It was more of a "oops, this is awkward" after Flash saves WW from a falling bolder.

Interesting... via Box Office Mojo:

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 3.39.59 PM.png

I wonder how long it will be before studios decide to start producing movies specifically for the Chinese market, as opposed to just tailoring their US-focused films for their censors/standards.

They did it for Independence Day 2 and it was absolutely awful

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Her face on the thumbnail got me, I couldn't get past her voice either. I forgot about that scene in Avengers but I just chalked it up to them building the romance angle up between them. :lol: she said this will hurt Gal's oscar chances though:rofl::rofl:that doesn't even make sense since their 2 different films (not sure if any superhero flick this year should win one but I could care less).

They did it for Independence Day 2 and it was absolutely awful
If I'm not mistaken they did this for the Great Wall with Damon and it broke records overseas while struggling domestically. I think the same thing happened with Pacific Rim

If I'm not mistaken they did this for the Great Wall with Damon and it broke records overseas while struggling domestically. I think the same thing happened with Pacific Rim

Welp, it DEFINITELY worked for Great Wall - $45 mil cume domestic.... $171 mil in China :lol:

Anyone else think this is the #1 reason the DCEU is such a mess compared to the MCU?

Avengers production credits:
Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 3.51.00 PM.png

JL production credits:
Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 3.50.27 PM.png
Are you implying their's too many chef's in the kitchen? The issue I think is that stylistically Marvel started with a blank slate while DC, coming off the success of Nolan's films, tried to mimic him without realizing that every hero cant fit that type of film. Nor do we want them too

Are you implying their's too many chef's in the kitchen? The issue I think is that stylistically Marvel started with a blank slate while DC, coming off the success of Nolan's films, tried to mimic him without realizing that every hero cant fit that type of film. Nor do we want them too

Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying. No singular Fiege-like voice just steering everything and saying "this is what we're doing, now do it." And it's such a shame. All WB had to do was pick a classic story arc for each character & the JL as a whole and adapt it to the screen the way they did the Potter books, and they would'e had an empire. Instead, they have 20 producers all pulling the universe to shreds worse than the Anti-Monitor could've ever dreamt of doing.

The biggest problem was that they rushed everything.

Can you imagine if Captain America had one solo movie, then they jump straight into Civil War before even putting together the first Avengers movie and Cap dies in that movie? Then he suddenly shows up in the first Avengers movie.

Sounds silly if you put it like that

I enjoyed the movie, but it definitely could have been better. The guy who played the Flash was subpar and the main villain's story was shallow. Who the hell was his "mother"?

All in all, Thor was markedly better.

Marvel movies aren’t that much better... only a handful of them have been decent or good. The whole super hero genre has been oversaturdated by terrible movies made by the suits...

Salty :lol:

That good ole defense mechanism to bring Marvel in the loop trick eh. That worked before Avengers. Not so much now :lol:

Salty :lol:

That good ole defense mechanism to bring Marvel in the loop trick eh. That worked before Avengers. Not so much now :lol:

Nah, I agree with him completely. Out of the 487 MCU movies, I really only get excited to watch a couple of them when I see they're on TV. IM 1, Cap 1, Civil War... the rest I could honestly take or leave.

I'm actually irritated it took 10 years to finally get to fighting Thanos in IW. It's like the opposite of my frustration w/ the DCEU. WB dove right in to the JL stuff (wrongly), while Disney/Marvel were like "OK, you need to see 487 movies before we finally get to the boss battle" :lol:

Or maybe he doesn't like certain films from Marvel...DC included

You really can't expect everyone to be enamored with what you like..good, bad, or indifferent

Nah, I agree with him completely. Out of the 487 MCU movies, I really only get excited to watch a couple of them when I see they're on TV. IM 1, Cap 1, Civil War... the rest I could honestly take or leave.

I'm actually irritated it took 10 years to finally get to fighting Thanos in IW. It's like the opposite of my frustration w/ the DCEU. WB dove right in to the JL stuff (wrongly), while Disney/Marvel were like "OK, you need to see 487 movies before we finally get to the boss battle" :lol:

That's fine. This the dceu thread tho :lol: . This bout Justice League and its okayness.

That's fine. This the dceu thread tho :lol: . We talm bout Justice League

Oh, certainly... it's just part of the overall conversation of the health of CBMs in general, and how both series have had hits and duds. It's just the ratio is higher in the DCEU. But the MCU is absolutely not without faults. My dream would be a nice happy medium of the two - each series with 10-12 total movies with big events at eps. 4, 8 & 12. Instead, we're already 17-deep in the MCU after Regnarok, and only five flicks (and two big events already) into the DCEU.

The biggest problem was that they rushed everything.

Can you imagine if Captain America had one solo movie, then they jump straight into Civil War before even putting together the first Avengers movie and Cap dies in that movie? Then he suddenly shows up in the first Avengers movie.

Sounds silly if you put it like that

But I just don't get why.. there is significantly more money in building things up.. I mean it's like dudes took the whole race thing with marvel literally

But you know I make a valid point. . . Compared to you and a few others on here, I don't live and breathe this ******** ( cbm in general)

I don't live and breathe whatever you talking about either . I didn't grow up reading comics. And yeah the point is valid . It has nothing to-do with anything tho. I didn't say he had to like what I liked. It just sounds salty when it was brought up for no reason.

Oh, certainly... it's just part of the overall conversation of the health of CBMs in general, and how both series have had hits and duds. It's just the ratio is higher in the DCEU. But the MCU is absolutely not without faults. My dream would be a nice happy medium of the two - each series with 10-12 total movies with big events at eps. 4, 8 & 12. Instead, we're already 17-deep in the MCU after Regnarok, and only five flicks (and two big events already) into the DCEU.

Dc will be fine. Just going through a learning curve

Back
Top Bottom