DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I believe the comic was released with preorders to MOS. I just took it as DCEU canon, but if Snyder says it’s not then just more garbage to the fire with respect to building a universe :lol:

:lol:

Did you forget on the old/ancient Kryptonian ship having a perfectly intact pod that Clark found?

Man-of-Steel-Supergirl-teaser.jpg

Everyone basically saying it was a Supergirl easter egg/tease. Of course those ppl ignored how that couldnt be Clark's cousin Supergirl cuz this was an ancient Kryptonian ship that landed on earth centuries ago or w/e.

Anyway of course later on Snyder in one of many years later MoS/BvS fun fact tours said the pod wasnt a Supergirl tease.

Huh. Don't remember this at all.

And honestly I doubt WB is thinking of MoS any more than I am lol

I'm tryna tell y'all not to sleep on Patt-Gawd.

He was awful as Rick Flag. Should've waited for Tom Hardy to finish that Cray movie or cast the guy from Narcos. I would've even taken John Cena over him.
Eh. I liked him as Rick Flagg. I thought his monotone performance was well suited with the other eccentric characters surrounding him.

I'm tryna tell y'all not to sleep on Patt-Gawd.
Man I just saw this movie over the weekend. Great movie but you oversold Pattinson. It is not some impressive acting performance by dude. He played the role real well but the story and main character's bad decisions were the star of the movie. It was like a better written Running Scared.

He was awful as Rick Flag. Should've waited for Tom Hardy to finish that Cray movie or cast the guy from Narcos. I would've even taken John Cena over him.
The way Rick Flagg was written it didn't matter who played him.

Happy Hardy was able to dodge that bullet though.

Didn’t want Edward, but it’s whateve. Just want to see a real detective, device using bats with the white eyes like when he uses detective mode in the games.

Didn’t want Edward, but it’s whateve. Just want to see a real detective, device using bats with the white eyes like when he uses detective mode in the games.
Ultimate twist to me would be AT LEAST a hint at alternate universes. DC got me 100% back in the fold of it gets Thomas Wayne in the cape, bludgeoning fools.
Real talk!

Ultimate twist to me would be AT LEAST a hint at alternate universes. DC got me 100% back in the fold of it gets Thomas Wayne in the cape, bludgeoning fools.
Real talk!
They go that route and the dc fan boys will cry that they’re copying marvel. They just need to make single movies that don’t connect at all and pretend all the EU stuff never happened

I would do that too :lol:

It’s just so weird now because BvS shoehorned WW which she wasn’t needed at all.
And then gave us glimpses of AM, Flash, and Cyborg. Wasn’t needed at all and Alex basically giving them their logos :rofl:
Jeezus how much more terrible can you be at story telling. Bats nightmare sequence is now going down the drain too :lol:

You also can’t tell me the Afflecks Bats wouldn’t kill Joker, matter of fact that Joker doesn’t hold a candle to Batman. Just seems silly.

The more I type the more I think that gets me mad.

THE BATMAN - Here's How Robert Pattinson Landed The Role Of The Dark Knight

The Hollywood Reporter has shared a very interesting piece detailing how Robert Pattinson became the new Caped Crusader for The Batman. According to the trade, the actor was flown from Cannes to Los Angeles by Warner Bros. where he donned a Batsuit from a previous Batman movie in order to perform in a screentest, which would ultimately result in the studio deciding he was the right man for the role.

However, he wasn't the only one vying to fill Bruce Wayne's shoes.

Nicholas Hoult also took part in these screentests, and while his role as Beast in the X-Men movies didn't hurt his chances, one of the things that made Pattinson jump out to both Reeves and the studio was the fact he has no links to any other comic book properties and is coming in with something of a clean slate.

Reeves, however, reportedly spent hours poring over their work before meeting them in April and it's said that he wrote his script with certain actors in mind. This version of Batman will be around 30 years old and we're not getting an origin story or a veteran superhero; instead, Pattinson's Bruce Wayne will still be trying to find his footing as Gotham City's Dark Knight.

As for what made the actor stand out in those screentests, it's said that among the questions Reeves and Warner Bros wanted answered were, "Did they embody the character? How did their eyes look and act? Is there a specialness to them?" One insider says, "[Reeves] wanted very specific things. He knew what he was looking for."

I see no reason why they can't just convey a general sense of continuity by alluding to other properties or using cameos (like Shazam)

We don't need an interconnected plot that leads up to a big team up down the line. Just decent superhero movies that occasionally spill over into each other.

If they do that with Battinson and pretend Battfleck never existed I would ask no questions.

Hell if they really need a JL 2 just have the Russos do it :lol:

I see no reason why they can't just convey a general sense of continuity by alluding to other properties or using cameos (like Shazam)

We don't need an interconnected plot that leads up to a big team up down the line. Just decent superhero movies that occasionally spill over into each other.

If they do that with Battinson and pretend Battfleck never existed I would ask no questions.

Hell if they really need a JL 2 just have the Russos do it :lol:
I liked battfleck

But if they can just continue the dceu with battinson I wouldn’t have any complaints

Jesus man, dc is the only one that has to make so many ****ing movies when they have goldmines

Back
Top Bottom