DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

i would say nah especially with hbo max coming out very soon

some of the content (if not most) can be viewed there maybe minus the comics

you have it?

the Harley show is the goods.. but not sure anything else, other than what I’ve seen and would rewatch, would get me there

all the new content theyve made for the service has been good i thought from titans to doom patrol, from young justice to harley quinn, just not enough there, id get maybe a months worth and binge all of them if you cant access it elsewhere, maybe read a few books here and there and be done with it

with hbo max coming soon and disney+ being cheaper and having better quality shows/films, its just not worth it at this point to me

it would be great if they instantly add the animated films in there once it comes out but even those are far and few in between, the biggest draw today is just the books but i havent really kept up with it and not sure how current they are

Yea.. I’ve already watched doom patrol and then try and watch the Harley show wherever I can find it

The titans show I can get on the outside the US Netflix, but haven’t watched.. also didn’t check swamp thing on my normal cable hbo

Thanks for mentioning it.

Like 2 weeks ago when I finally caught up with WW and Red Son I was searching for Apokolips War not realizing it wasnt released yet.

About to watch now.

5 min in to this WHOSE SUPERMANS IS THIS?

Fam talking about a first strike and saying we must destroy Darkseid :lol:

I don't have the tightest memory of this but from what I remember of this iteration and the movies released I may have missed when Darkseid sent Doomsday or w/e to kill Superman to have him so violent.

Last edited:
If it weren't for the quality, I'd say Snyder wrote this. Its at least clear he's heavily influenced who made this.

Also what happened to the Young Justice storyline where Darkseid was planning to invade earth and Vandal Savage was planning on beating him? :nerd:

I liked that as I'm watching I didnt get the feeling this would all be reversed with tine travel or just have Dr. Fate show up to undo ****.

Then I remembered this is the end of this animated universe so they just went balls to the wall.

When they showed what happened at the battle I was shook! Poor Shazam. He’s just a kid. He wasn’t ready for all that :frown:

I liked that as I'm watching I didnt get the feeling this would all be reversed with tine travel or just have Dr. Fate show up to undo ****.

Then I remembered this is the end of this animated universe so they just went balls to the wall.

same here. While I was watching it I was like “this is it”. I felt even if they won, everything that happened would stick. They literally waited til the last minute.

Its funny, first time I see Batgirl I'm like oh Batgirl survived, pretty cool. *Batgirl immediately dies seconds later*

:lol: Yo I think they paid homage to MoS by snapping Superboy's neck :rofl:

They kinda dwarfed Lex in this. Son became a cowering flip flopper.

Wait wait.. what do they mean the end?

so what’s the actual chain of these movies?

moving forward they either make a new universe or just do one-offs like tdk or as superman

This universe kicked off after Flashpoint. Flashpoint and this film set a precedent that whatever timelines Barry keeps making they will always end in an apocalypse. That’s why they put emphasis on Barry not wanting to create another Flashpoint; it always ends bad. Yes, this is the end of the universe, but I’m sure another will follow as Barry hopes the next universe he creates will be the one where everyone gets their happy ending.

Wait wait.. what do they mean the end?

so what’s the actual chain of these movies?
Yeah.

It's done. I imagine the next dc animated universe to have a different animation style.
This universe kicked off after Flashpoint. Flashpoint and this film set a precedent that whatever timelines Barry keeps making they will always end in an apocalypse. That’s why they put emphasis on Barry not wanting to create another Flashpoint; it always ends bad. Yes, this is the end of the universe, but I’m sure another will follow as Barry hopes the next universe he creates will be the one where everyone gets their happy ending.
:lol: This would be wild cruel if they just bring back the same team to create an alt timeline universe that ends in mass death again.

Last edited:
Yeah.

It's done. I imagine the next dc animated universe to have a different animation style.

This would be wild cruel if they just bring back the same team to create an alt timeline universe that ends in mass death again.

I’m sure it’ll be a different team. I’m not sure if the new Superman film will be a one off or the start of a new universe. I hope not the latter because that Archer style animation would get old really quick.

Last edited:
I’m sure it’ll be a different team. I’m not sure if the new Superman film will be a one off or the start of a new universe. I hope not the latter because that Archer style animation would get old really quick.
I think the style has to change. So those animators would have to go. Those are the same guys doing Young Justice so I'm sure they're going without work.

But I'm saying if they bring back the same story team :rofl:

Just a different style with more death.

This movie got me like this toward the end

1588722018142.gif

Ok from what I'm seeing the next DC animated universe is gonna kick off later this year with Superman: Man of Tomorrow.

From what I've seen new art team. The guy who wrote it also wrote Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen animated movies.

Back
Top Bottom