DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

the dude that attacked her made sense, seems like a hobby for him to just chill and creep on women on the streets, its like one of those dudes that just flashes everyone

WONDER WOMAN 1984 No Longer "Certified Fresh" On Rotten Tomatoes As Score Plummets Thanks To New Reviews

Earlier this month, the DC Comics adaptation hit the review aggregator with an 89% score and a consensus that read, "Great Hera! Wonder Woman 1984 is an epic dose of heart and vibrant escapism that proves there are still unexpected thrills to be found in superhero cinema." That score later dropped to around 80%, but stayed there long enough for the movie to be "Certified Fresh."

Now, a total of 266 reviews have been counted, and Wonder Woman 1984's score had plummeted to a still decent 68%. Unfortunately, that means it's no longer "Certified Fresh," and the edited consensus now states, "Wonder Woman 1984 struggles with sequel overload, but still offers enough vibrant escapism to satisfy fans of the franchise and its classic central character."

WONDER WOMAN 1984 On Track For Best US Box Office Opening Weekend Since The Pandemic

Though Warner Bros. has yet to announce the official numbers, Deadline reports that Diana's second solo adventure is well on its way to nabbing the best pandemic-era 3-day opening since it released on Christmas Day, likely grossing somewhere in the low-teens. This would surpass Tenet's 3-day haul ($9.3M), as well as Croods 2 ($9.7M).

Yea I gotta see whoever was rating this trash highly

like even IM3, I could get non comicbook or ironman fans rating that garbage highly cause maybe the BS of some of the stuff wasn’t a big deal

Was this intentional ? Because these actions contradict her character development. We've been shown she's noble and does the right thing, but love somehow clouds her moral judgment ? (Which it does in most cases....even for a God apparently.)
From my recollection of the Hercules and Xena tv shows, yeah gods are that petty and easily morally corrupted so it tracked :lol: Plenty plots where one god tricks another god by making them fall in love with a human so some war can start or certain ppl can die.

This fits with the overall message of the movie, but what was the point of the opening scene, if there was no call-back to it ?
I think the intro was a lesson for Diana that you cant cheat in order to win and later in the movie she wanted to keep Steve alive in this dude's body and save the world. Her having Steve was cheating and beating Maxwell Lord was winning.

Its not a one for one comparison but that's the closest kind of sense I can make out of it.
Steve was the one who convinced her to do the right thing, not because of the stolen life of this possessed man, but because of the loss of her powers.
Which is why it didn't make sense.

Last edited:
That's maybe 2 influences too many, and has me wondering why OG Wonder Woman wasn't one of them. It doesn't even feel influenced by it's own previous movie.
See Patty Jenkins saying WW84 is not a sequel to WW :lol:

DC ****ed up the DCEU so badly and compromised directors by their meddling so much the same directors are like nah this movie has nothing to do with the last one and ignore JL and everything prior.

Same thing going with Suicide Squad. Probably gonna be the same with Flash. Matter fact the entire point of the Flash movie is to establish a new continuity.

Only thing still backwards is the Snyder cut.

DC ****ed up the DCEU so badly and compromised directors by their meddling so much the same directors are like nah this movie has nothing to do with the last one and ignore JL and everything prior.

Same thing going with Suicide Squad. Probably gonna be the same with Flash. Matter fact the entire point of the Flash movie is to establish a new continuity.

That's news to me. Haven't been following DC's backroom shenanigans since Justice League. :lol:

Patty came out and said recently that the ****ty CGI battle to end the first Wonder Woman was the studios call too.

She got not damns to give now that she getting the Disney bag :lol:

i mean I assume they ain’t going kill off cheetah in 1 movie.. so no clue why she was normal in that final shot.. and we didn’t see her renounce her wish
The two ways to stop things were to renounce your wish or destroy the dream stone.

Also another thing is each person has only one wish but after Lord became the dreamstone you could get a second wish. The stone just turned in to dust.

So Minerva made her first wish on the stone and got a second wish from Lord. When he renounced his wish she lost her Cheetah powers but apparently she kept her powers from the first wish.

Maybe the stone came back too.

the dude that attacked her made sense, seems like a hobby for him to just chill and creep on women on the streets, its like one of those dudes that just flashes everyone
Speaking of what state was this movie suppose to take place? :nerd: :lol:

Patty came out and said recently that the ****ty CGI battle to end the first Wonder Woman was the studios call too.

She got not damns to give now that she getting the Disney bag :lol:
Yup.

That I was referring to as well. We all knew it at the time but she confirmed it.

And yeah she did this second WW movie and went to Disney probably full time. She's ready hinted she might not direct the next WW movie by saying what it would take for her to do another WW movie.

That's news to me. Haven't been following DC's backroom shenanigans since Justice League. :lol:

RELEASE THE JENKINS CUT!!!!

Real bummer that DC messing up their movies.. They literally have the stories there ready for use. Just make it consumable for public consumption, some fun/funny and it's a blockbuster..
What could've been..

Yup.

That I was referring to as well. We all knew it at the time but she confirmed it.

And yeah she did this second WW movie and went to Disney probably full time. She's ready hinted she might not direct the next WW movie by saying what it would take for her to do another WW movie.

she going out like this those game of thrones dudes

I mean.. nothing tops what’s his face getting a movie made and a new trilogy announced only for people to actually see the single movie he made
Yeah hopefully they never bring him or that up and he just doesn't ever come back to SW.

Not gonna lie, but when A Beautiful Lie score came on, stupid me thought Batman was going to make a cameo. I associate that track with Batman lol. I guess that track is now for any superhero's dramatic moment.

Reactions: wr
:lol: Wild thing is they completely made up the rules so there was no reason to have dude possess another man's body, could've just been him. I mean a wall appeared out of nowhere.

YES!!!!!!! had me thinking i missed wild parts of exposition.

i had sooo many questions. i normally just watch a movie for what it is but wow.

ima watch it again later

Disney once again destroys another franchise.

The Thrones Syndrome.

Once Disneys hires you for a film (esp Star Wars) whatever franchise/property you were workin on before will rot.

meanwhile seems way to obvious to bring in the guy who did blade runner 2049, arrival and sicario
We'll see how pissed off he is with WB about Dune ending up on HBO Max or in theaters at the same time.

Disney once again destroys another franchise.

The Thrones Syndrome.

Once Disneys hires you for a film (esp Star Wars) whatever franchise/property you were workin on before will rot.
:rofl: What?

These dudes ended up bailing on Disney and are not even directing the Star Wars movie anymore.

Those bums were frauds plain and simple.

Also we really acting like Wonder Woman was anything great? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom