DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

In a separate interview with Collider, Keaton said it was "a little bit emotional" returning to the role.

"Just a rush of memories," he said. "Without giving anything away, which I can't, basically the first shot, not of the entire movie but let's say the introduction [of Batman], is so good that when we walked on and started talking about a couple of shots and the angles, I went, 'Woah, this is big. This is great.' I don't even mean for me. Just the imagery, it's great. And reminiscent, to some degree, of Tim Burton."

It'd be interesting to see what Gunn could do with justice league or avengers. More serious teams.

my favorite scene. amanda waller’s reaction was ****ing hilarious
1628911280571.gif

Hell no to scarjo as poison ivy

but then again I want someone else for Harley

but need someone who has chemistry with Harley and can play the ‘straight guy’ and can clearly pull off why the character works so well on the Harley Quinn show.. she’s smart and not really a villain and she’s not part of that other group but get roped in those situations

A hard pass on Scarjo.

I actually think Zazie Beetz would be a great casting for Poison Ivey.

Was watching some recent interviews with him and I think he said he was offered a superman movie but knew he could have more fun making suicide squad.

I feel him. What made the movie so great is that Gunn embraced the quirkiness instead of trying to make another "serious" comic book movie. Which has been DC's problem. They should just hand Gunn the keys to the universe and let him cook.

nah, gunn shined because he was able to go fully goofy with his film and kill off anyone he wanted, that wont work in the whole DCEU, you can go full throttle on either end of the spectrum and gunn hasnt demonstrated he can do that balance

i prefer taika to be honest, dude has a better and more restraint comedy while being able to balance heart, action and drama while having a style all at the same time

but really they dont need a director to take over the whole universe, they need a feige who just knows his books and stories and that the execs will let him cook in the kitchen

Last edited:
nah, gunn shined because he was able to go fully goofy with his film and kill off anyone he wanted, that wont work in the whole DCEU, you can go full throttle on either end of the spectrum and gunn hasnt demonstrated he can do that balance

i prefer taika to be honest, dude has a better and more restraint comedy while being able to balance heart, action and drama while having a style all at the same time

but really they dont need a director to take over the whole universe, they need a feige who just knows his books and stories and that the execs will let him cook in the kitchen

their is room for both, but you’re right there needs to be a main guy who can control things

has to be that guy with a vision for how the tree will grow.. and you can have things branch off, but he ultimate focus is the continuous growth of the tree

gunn’s SS is the first film that legit feels like you can have a universe where all these things can exist.. you can have a batman and a Superman and thar version of SS

but that guy has to be there to tell Gunn who he can and can’t kill off, who he’s allowed to play with.. Gunn can obviously give input, but you don’t want him in charge of the whole thing.. give him the random shh you weren’t going use anyways or stuff you don’t know how to really use that’s kinda weird

they need a man in charge with restraint, one big issue i found in snyder is he has no patience, he wants everything huge and mind blowing and thats why he got an older bats because he wanted to jump to tdk right off the bat with little to no thought to the future, every ending has to be a big bang

while marvel holds off a damn decade to say “avengers assemble” and thats what dc lacked and the big mistake of basing the universe on one mans vision that has no other vision, just dark and ominous

im watching titans s3 and they did it again, jump the gun, sir friendzoned looks like an 80yr old bats and barbara is already in a wheelchair, so much story skipped and passed over, just bad universe building overall even if its an alternate universe

I agree.. but I also think a major problem with snyder was the look of the whole thing

you can do a one off movie or isolated trilogy like that.. but you can’t build a whole universe off of that look, cause then everything has to be that stylistic look.. eventually the puzzle pieces need to fit together

thats what i meant that they banked their universe on snyders single vision, they need someone who can see different angles with different tones depending on the film and characters

Honestly don’t even know who to suggest

but the playbook is there with these things and might as well look at what marvel, other and yourself have done that has worked and hadn’t worked

set up a diagram of who your big villains are that need to be built up to and what needs to happen around them.. Then figure out your major storylines and the characters that need to be developed so we can when stuff happens

figure out the isolated stories for your heroes and the teamup stories

if you’re going do redhood, gotta set those wheels in motion early.. going do nightwing, again set those wheels in motion early-ish

set up batman being overly prepared even when it comes to teammates, so can do a Tower of Babel movie eventually

Back
Top Bottom