DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I felt it's too long too, but I wouldn't mind it being long as long as it is interesting. the pacing was just "too slow" that made it boring at times. don't get me wrong, it is a nice Batman film better than George Clooney's Batman. but it missed some marks on building up the tempo like recent Batman films. it just lacks the needed excitement that would keep the audience anticipating for those moments.
The detective aspect of the film required those slow moments. It was a little too long but cutting off an entire hour would be too much.

The detective aspect of the film required those slow moments. It was a little too long but cutting off an entire hour would be too much.
it's not the detective aspect but more like when Batman walking/posing in slow motion on certain areas or certain scenes that don't need those kinds of slow action. it is somehow reminiscent as the LOTR Return of the King final scenes (slow boat scene and Sam's extremely slow movement in the shire going inside his home). not dramatic at all and pretty much uninteresting.

the SnyderCut Justice League for example did really well as far the the use of pacing and interesting scenes are concerned.

what I am saying is that I'm not that impressed with the new Batman film. it was ok.

i think there problem was how much they tried to do in the film, as i stated above i think you have a natural ending for a 1st film

but i think this would have been better suited as a multiple episode show, where you could go deeper into the history of the things that took place.. and then the 3 or 4 endings are now the ending of the final few episodes

not saying you needed 8-10 episodes.. but 6 hours on this would have been good and very doable

i think there problem was how much they tried to do in the film, as i stated above i think you have a natural ending for a 1st film

but i think this would have been better suited as a multiple episode show, where you could go deeper into the history of the things that took place.. and then the 3 or 4 endings are now the ending of the final few episodes

not saying you needed 8-10 episodes.. but 6 hours on this would have been good and very doable
I disagree. I don’t think Falcones death is a natural ending. The film wasn’t about him. It was about the Riddlers mission.

Movie definitely needed a final act. And you can't end the movie without any actual Batman and Riddler interaction.

I disagree. I don’t think Falcones death is a natural ending. The film wasn’t about him. It was about the Riddlers mission.

i think there were multiple levels to riddler’s mission, that’s why I think it should have been multiple parts

exposing the truth on falcone and his history with the major families of gathom was part 1 (something I felt they could have gone deeper on).. and then you part 2 you get him flooding the city and batman really becoming batman and not just vengeance

so part 1 is dealing with falcone, who was the thing that linked everyone together

Movie definitely needed a final act. And you can't end the movie without any actual Batman and Riddler interaction.

with the type of villain riddler was, I think they could have very easily gone without them interacting in the first film or first few films

they went the seven route with him allowing himself to be caught.. but they could have gone the zodiac route (keeping the fincher movies theme)

which part?
Trying to make a 3 hour movie that wasn’t that deep in to an 8 hour show just by stretching out the plot.

It was a movie and intended to be that.

If this was the case you can say any movie over 2 hours can be turned in to some multi episode series.

Also I really don’t get looking at a good movie and immediately looking for a way to “fix it” cuz you didn’t like something.

Trying to make a 3 hour movie that wasn’t that deep in to an 8 hour show just by stretching out the plot.

It was a movie and intended to be that.

If this was the case you can say any movie over 2 hours can be turned in to some multi episode series.

Also I really don’t get looking at a good movie and immediately looking for a way to “fix it” cuz you didn’t like something.

you didn’t think it was that deep?

and I said 6 hours

but I think you could go deeper into falcone’s history.. and the history of the families with the orphanage.. and then you deal with the aftermath of the city getting back on its feet after being flooded

but my biggest point of contention is the the last 45 mins could have been it’s own thing and bigger

you didn’t think it was that deep?
Nope
and I said 6 hours
Still unnecessary

It was a film not a miniseries.
but I think you could go deeper into falcone’s history.. and the history of the families with the orphanage.. and then you deal with the aftermath of the city getting back on its feet after being flooded
I don’t even think those first two things were that interesting to explore more of it.
but my biggest point of contention is the the last 45 mins could have been it’s own thing and bigger
That last 45 min sets the stage for the next movie.

^ if anything, I’d say thevfamilies behind the orphanage set up the next movie since we could get a court of owls situation

but as far as the last 45, I wish they went deeper into batman realizing what his actions had been inspiring in others and then we see the growth and change in the 2nd film so he’s fully batman.. or the combo of shows and movies, since they’re doing a penguin show

but a lot took place in that single movie

original.gif

Untitled.png

Oh ffs…Just end the whole ****ing DCEU at this point…Release the movies that are already done / nearly done then call it a day…This is embarrassing…

Back
Top Bottom