DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Sounds like The Office but an insurance company set in the DC universe.

Marvel's Damage Control was an insurance company but the best one last I checked. The show would've been a comedy as well though.

Powerless just might be promising because of the campy nature of the DC tv -verse lends itself better to comedy

Everything bout Marvel's tv-verse takes itself so seriously ej. see AoS, see the Netflix shows, etc.

Also even though Powerless will be in NBC, DC TV has shown that they are willing to orchestra crossovers between channels. Barry could work well in a comedy for sure. Cisco, etc.

Last edited:
I'm just going off what you said about ppl finding another reason to hate on Snyder.

It's not particularly hard. Few weeks away from B v. S. The new material for ******** on Snyder is coming and it'll last until JL. Especially by then cuz they'll be more quotes from him about the movie after it releases. Then ppl will have reason to not be hopeful for JL.

This treatment is really no different than how ppl view Michael Bay. Do I need to see another Transformers movie by him to assume it sucks?

Zo .gif

Going into the theatre with low expectations so as to not be disappointed.

Sounds like The Office but an insurance company set in the C univers
Why exactly do people despise Snyder again? :x
We look at/like different things but for the most part a lot of his work feels so hollow. The go to thing to say about dude is style and no substance. It just fits dude's directing style.

He goes all in with his cinematographer for a beautiful looking very stylized movie. He'll probably never be knocked for a ****** looking movie. I almost just thought it was just his choice for 300 but then I saw it again in Sucker Punch, and it's there in Watchmen, MOS, etc. Fine but other than that he got nothing. Actually his movies look so good you're left with just focusing on the story. If he was just doing other types of movies it wouldn't matter much.

Just the way he makes a movie leaves a lot to be desired imo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only movie Snyder has actually written is 300. So I don't get the "Style over Substance" argument with regards to the plot of his movies.

Directors direct from scripts. If a movie is overly stylized or crazy with the cinematography or whatever and dudes don't like that, that's one thing. But it's unfair to pin, for example, Man of Steel's weak script/story on Snyder because he DIDN'T WRITE THE DAMN MOVIE :lol: the best thing MOS had going for it was Snyder's direction/cinematography. Pair that with a good scriptwriter (Terio) and you have a potential classic.

Last edited:
To be fair he did write Sucker Punch and that was widely hated. I liked it for the cinematography and action though and I didn't hate it as much as others, it felt like a video game played in stages, really should have just made it all sexed up, nerdgasm anime-type film and get all those chicks in the film naked as well.

As a director or just as a person who isn't dumb, there's no way in hell you could've forced me to film and include that kevin costner tornado suicide scene.

As a director or just as a person who isn't dumb, there's no way in hell you could've forced me to film and include that kevin costner tornado suicide scene.

Movie lost me after that scene, if it hadn't done so at some point earlier already :rofl:

To be fair he did write Sucker Punch and that was widely hated. I liked it for the cinematography and action though and I didn't hate it as much as others, it felt like a video game played in stages, really should have just made it all sexed up, nerdgasm anime-type film and get all those chicks in the film naked as well.

You're not really going to get any arguments from me here.

I think he's the wrong director for superman and to be at the helm of JL.. Just don't think his style is right for it

I'd love to see him direct a blade movie.. Or an actual dark knight returns movie.. Or a spawn movie.. Or a mortal kombat movie

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only movie Snyder has actually written is 300. So I don't get the "Style over Substance" argument with regards to the plot of his movies.

Directors direct from scripts. If a movie is overly stylized or crazy with the cinematography or whatever and dudes don't like that, that's one thing. But it's unfair to pin, for example, Man of Steel's weak script/story on Snyder because he DIDN'T WRITE THE DAMN MOVIE :lol: the best thing MOS had going for it was Snyder's direction/cinematography. Pair that with a good scriptwriter (Terio) and you have a potential classic.
Directors usually have final say. Script included. Especially if they're writers themselves.

More importantly it says more about dude that he doesn't choose to change certain things and directs the movies scripts as is. It's been a # of movies at this point.

Trying to pass the buck on the style over substance Snyder has earned is funny though. Like he's some poor director forced to direct from sub standard scripts. Especially with MOS. That was a group decision between Snyder, Goyer, and Nolan (maybe 2 other execs and Johns as well). In the writers/creative room was the place for him to voice his displeasure if he felt the script wasn't good enough.

:lol: @ he didn't write the movie so he shouldn't take any blame for why the movie's story wasn't good. That's pathetic b.

I've always had the feeling Snyder lets others write the scripts cuz he isn't as strong of a writer.

I think he's the wrong director for superman and to be at the helm of JL.. Just don't think his style is right for it

I'd love to see him direct a blade movie.. Or an actual dark knight returns movie.. Or a spawn movie.. Or a mortal kombat movie
Yes this is more his lane imo.

I'd love to see him direct a Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat movie and as somebody mentioned earlier, a DBZ flick.

Fingerless gloves you say?! Sounds like you need a healthy dose of Impulse in your life
so crash bro 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom