DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

He also tells Lois how he was distracted and that's why he didn't even notice the bomb in his chair.
again, why is that important to the overall plot of the movie?

Dunno, I didn't write the story. To further deliver the world being split on if Superman was God, or villain? To show another reason why the world should be leery of him, like Bruce Wayne has been preparing for?

Because Lex low key wanted to be the hero.
With the heroes gone he would be the one to "stop" doomsday or stop "evil" superman
is this something that was told through the movie? or are you just making assumptions? 

if superman wasnt there to catch doomsday's punch he would have killed lex instantly 

:rolleyes
That happened at the beginning of the movie,

so months pass he gets face to face with superman who is trying to tell him something and he's completely incapable of listening and instead tries to kill him?

but he's not quite angry enough where you can stop by simply saying his mothers name?:lol:

Cmon b.
He lost his parents, an adoptive son, dozens of employees. I really don't think you can reason with Bruce at this point.

With the heroes gone he would be the one to "stop" doomsday or stop "evil" superman
is this something that was told through the movie? or are you just making assumptions? 

if superman wasnt there to catch doomsday's punch he would have killed lex instantly 
And what would've happened if Lex's plan worked out and all 3 heroes got killed?

How would he stop Doomsday?

The idea that I'm "nitpicking" is crazy. The movie is fundamentally flawed in a number of basic ways. :lol:

If you want a "nitpick", here you go.

SUPERMAN NOT HAVING RED TRUNKS IS STUPID. :lol:

The red trucks serve a very specific design fuction, his costume looks terrible without it, like a giant wet suit.

Removing the red trucks is a classic example of when "keeping it real goes wrong", the audience is ready to suspend their disbelief getting rid of the red trucks is like pointing out why they shouldn't.

Have you ever done this when you were you were younger, or know folks that do it: when you start talking, but finish the sentence in your head while either mumbling or stop actually speaking? That's how this movie felt like it was directed. You can tell there was something there, it just either wasn't executed or edited properly.

See I thought that's where Lex was going too, but literally a few secs later everyone knows that the dude did the bombing. Just one of many things that you can tell was thought of, but not executed on screen.

I don't think the point was to make it look like Superman did it. I think the point was to show that Superman had become so hated that they were willing to go to such extremes to kill him. That would turn even his biggest supporters against him.

that giant alien ship was destroying city blocks like 5 blocks away from the wayne building, why the hell did the employees wait for bruce wayne to call the branch manager before evacuating? 

"I really want to go so I can avoid being killed by this giant alien invasion but my boss would get mad if I dont finish these tax reports" 
laugh.gif

He lost his parents, an adoptive son, dozens of employees. I really don't think you can reason with Bruce at this point.

its months later. man and like an 2 hours ago in real time, I'm sorry that doesn't hold weight.

Thats not enough of a reason for a blood fued, that a simple explanation of the situation by Clark shouldn't solve.

that giant alien ship was destroying city blocks like 5 blocks away from the wayne building, why the hell did the employees wait for bruce wayne to call the branch manager before evacuating? 

"I really want to go so I can avoid being killed by this giant alien invasion but my boss would get mad if I dont finish these tax reports" 
laugh.gif
To be fair, looks like all of the people on that floor left and the only dude left was the guy Bruce was talking to.

Why did that guy stay? He enjoy the view or something?

And what would've happened if Lex's plan worked out and all 3 heroes got killed?

How would he stop Doomsday?
if he designed this monster specifically to be able to kill superman, why did he put so much effort into setting up a batman v superman fight?

if he put so much effort into setting up a batman v superman fight why did he let the fight happen in the middle of nowhere and not even bother watching?

"I really want to go so I can avoid being killed by this giant alien invasion but my boss would get mad if I dont finish these tax reports" :lol:

I'VE BEEN LAUGHING ABOUT THIS ALL MORNING. :lol:

Son looked like he got out of bed, while the world was ending around him.

"Is that the apocolypse outside?"

"I left my car keys on the counter at home, **** it lets just ride it out"

*call from bruce*

"EVACUATE EVERYONE""

"Oh man are you I don't want to stay over the weekend maybe we can ju---"

*building explodes*

:lol:

"I really want to go so I can avoid being killed by this giant alien invasion but my boss would get mad if I dont finish these tax reports" :lol:
I have no idea what the writers were thinking. All they had to do was change Bruce's dialogue. Instead of telling them to leave, they should have had him ask, "is everyone out of the building," and the employee inside could have said, "we're evacuating as fast as we can but the elevators and stairs are clogged or whatever."

damn going to have to reduce my rating to like a 3.5/8 
laugh.gif

literally every scene I think about comes with a bunch of things that dont make any sense

what was he trying to accomplish in running to his building?

if he was in such a rush to get to his building, why did he land the helicopter at the water and drive halfway through the city? 

You want more nitpicks?

1. Zach Snyder after filming an insane amount of carnage already, and explosions isn't satisfied with having the military shoot a missile at Doomsday. no no no it has to be a "Nuke". :lol:

2. The nuke fails to Kill Doomsday of course, and waht does the army guy say? what line did they write for him to say that was so important.

"I'm sorry president....it's UN-KILL ABLE" :x :x :x

???!!

I spit my drink out in the theater

"UN-KILLABLE" that something my nine year old nise would write. :rofl:

"show don't tell" is screenwriting 101

and the worst part? we never see those actors again. So Zach Snyder, kept those people in the movie for the sole purpose of TELLING us after doomsday survives a NUCLEAR explosion, that Doomsday is "UN-KILLABLE"

get the **** out of here maaan. :lol:

Yep, same ones from the MOS thread, wait til Zik actually sees the film when he's done giving opinions the last couple days without even watchin it yet. :lol: Then the trio will be complete and they can destroy scene after scene and come up with stupid *** why this, why that's like you can do for every movie in history.

I've seen this thread before. :rolleyes

Yep, same ones from the MOS thread, wait til Zik actually sees the film when he's done giving opinions the last couple days without even watchin it yet. :lol: Then the trio will be complete and they can destroy scene after scene and come up with stupid *** why this, why that's like you can do for every movie in history.

I've seen this thread before. :rolleyes

No good movies don't have these problems.

Don't make excuses for sloppy storytelling.

Again; everyone wants it to be good. I spent 17 bucks on it, I think I have the right to criticize. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom