DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

@AirThompson Is that Joker=Jason Todd theory still around? Mind explaining it to me, because I honestly never followed it too closely. Doesn't it have something to do with the "J" on his face?

Jason Todd gets killed by Joker with a crowbar in the comics before coming back as Red Hood ... or something to that extent? Could be wrong don't know DC comics too good.

But anyway, the theory is Batman left up Robins costume, with crowbar in hand, making fans think Leto Joker is Todd. Otherwise why leave the tagging and assumed murder weapon on a suit that is paying homage to your late sidekick? Also the Joker has the same J tat on his eye as that of Todds in one of the games. Also I think Joker has a Robin tat on the bicep.

If he isn't Robin, then Batman slipping letting his friend get offed, murking criminals, but having Joker loose.

Yeah that's pretty much what happens in the comics. (Same thing happens in the animated film) Though Joker also blew Jason up after beating him with a crowbar, which is what killed him.

I guess I see where people are going with that. Think it'd just be better to have Jason Todd be the Red Hood though and Joker be Joker. Still have the tragedy and the hero becoming a villain.

But who knows where they want to go with this new universe and Martha Wayne's been Joker before, so why not Jason? :lol:

Last edited:
Yep. One of his generals and his uncle.
Interesting! Do you think those 2 boxes he was holding were mother boxes?

Yep! That's what I assumed and why I specifically assumed he was a New God. Lines up with Lex's comment to Batman at the end of the film and there's pretty much no one else in the DCU who is as associated with boxes/cubes as the New Gods.

Last edited:
Isn't batman teaming up with tmnt in a current comic series? I need that crossover movie. It would be so epicly bad that I would enjoy it so much.

How come Battfleck was so mad about Superman destroying buildings in Metropolis but had no issues with destroying those buildings with the Batmobile?

Ultimate Cut BluRay details according to Snyder:

“We call it the Ultimate Cut because to me it’s a deeper dive into that world and there are storylines in there that get fleshed out by the longer version. I would say that we didn’t really take out much of the Superman/Batman story because I felt like, you know that’s kind of the movie, but there was some sort of interstitial stuff that surrounds the story, that kind of finishes some of the ideas that we trimmed back, and I think that’s what you get. There’s a little bit of action, there’s a little bit of violence that we trimmed out for the MPAA that we put back. The Batman warehouse rescue, there’s a couple shots of Doomsday that were too intense. Then there’s a little bit longer ending, sort of the ending sequence, and the opening of the movie, the North Africa sequence is really much different. It was in there until very recently, so all of it’s finished. It was really just a function of time, to be honest. Because the movie’s long now, long-ish—I don’t think it’s long, but when you get over two and a half hours the studio starts getting nervous. I’m not JamesCameron who’s like ‘No it’s three hours, suck it!’, which is cool by the way. I just wanted to try and get it to a length that is work-able.”

for those that hate this movie is it ghost rider 2 bad?

I think the people making Ghost Rider knew what kinda movie it was. I bet Zack thought he was making some Godfather 2 level movie with this mess. And when you factor in expectations... Iono man :lol:

I wonder how much money was spent on CGI that never made it to the movie

they must have cut that out very late in the process for it to look so good, normally studios try to get directors to cut things out earlier to save money

“We call it the Ultimate Cut because to me it’s a deeper dive into that world and there are storylines in there that get fleshed out by the longer version. I would say that we didn’t really take out much of the Superman/Batman story because I felt like, you know that’s kind of the movie, but there was some sort of interstitial stuff that surrounds the story, that kind of finishes some of the ideas that we trimmed back, and I think that’s what you get. There’s a little bit of action, there’s a little bit of violence that we trimmed out for the MPAA that we put back. The Batman warehouse rescue, there’s a couple shots of Doomsday that were too intense. Then there’s a little bit longer ending, sort of the ending sequence, and the opening of the movie, the North Africa sequence is really much different. It was in there until very recently, so all of it’s finished. It was really just a function of time, to be honest. Because the movie’s long now, long-ish—I don’t think it’s long, but when you get over two and a half hours the studio starts getting nervous. I’m not JamesCameron who’s like ‘No it’s three hours, suck it!’, which is cool by the way. I just wanted to try and get it to a length that is work-able.”
So basically: "Studio made me cut down the film; it's not my fault, fam"

reads this

does not see the words "more amy adams in bath tub"

giphy.gif

How come Battfleck was so mad about Superman destroying buildings in Metropolis but had no issues with destroying those buildings with the Batmobile?
He only cares about his employees.

Every other civilian is worthless.
but to be fair, employees that are willing to wait in a building that is about to fall for their boss' approval before they get off work are worth caring about 

Back
Top Bottom