DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

1.) Assemble team of best creators, writers, creatives, execs: Dini, Timm, Johns, etc.

2.) Engage in extensive discussions on the planned universe (e.g. how each film/character will be designed/developed, overarching storylines for next 10 years, potential directors/actors, rough drafts of scripts/screenplays)

3.) Put feelers out for the directors/actors/cinematographers/extra writers you want -- PITCH YOUR VISION WITH PASSION

4.) Hire the best teams you can get for each individual film

5.) ???

6.) Flourish

Last edited:
+90000

Let's not forget that Whedon was beyond stressed when making both Avengers and AoU. So stressed that he's admitted he had to take extensive time off.

The ideal scenario is to share the responsibilities, where WB designates a team to delegate.

More reports are.saying that this the reason Wan might pull out he was beyond stressed during fast 7 production, on top of filming conjuring 2 and then a possible long term commitment to aquaman.

+90000

Let's not forget that Whedon was beyond stressed when making both Avengers and AoU. So stressed that he's admitted he had to take extensive time off.

The ideal scenario is to share the responsibilities, where WB designates a team to delegate.
More reports are.saying that this the reason Wan might pull out he was beyond stressed during fast 7 production, on top of filming conjuring 2 and then a possible long term commitment to aquaman.
Yeah, these big budget movies always take a toll on directors.

So many pieces of the puzzle, having to manage many personalities, things go wrong, etc.

Is the potential payoff (money + recognition + studio heads interested in you) worth it? I guess the answers to that question depend on the directors themselves.

Last edited:
Like BvS. DC/WB are pissed. This movie made 860 mill, think how much it could have made if the reviews were better?

Yeah, these big budget movies always take a toll on directors.

So many pieces of the puzzle, having to manage many personalities, things go wrong, etc.

Is the potential payoff (money + recognition + studio heads interested in you) worth it? I guess the answers to that question depend on the directors themselves.

josh trank might have killed his career with F4 a bomb like that coupled with the horrendous rumours of being drunk and cursing out the actresses got him fired from Star Wars. That stink don't just rub off

I think they need to limit and minimize their chances of failure. Get people who are proven. Right now the only safe bet is the Batfleck solo.

The studio knows they hit a base hit when it should have been a homerun. It would be one thing to drop and dud and it flopped hard they would just move on fox did with F4, but to have a monster opening just to wimper out burns they soul

Like BvS. DC/WB are pissed. This movie made 860 mill, think how much it could have made if the reviews were better?

They should be mad at themselves. They need to stop rushing these movies and doing too much like in bvs. They also dumb for having synder again after mos.

I think they need to limit and minimize their chances of failure. Get people who are proven. Right now the only safe bet is the Batfleck solo.

WW is good though, patty Jenkins has only done few films but she did direct Charlize Theron to a academy award in Monster and wide spread acclaim for her work.

David Ayer is great Fury, Street Kings, Havoc dude knows what he's doing with SS

If WB/DC could somehow get Matthew Vaughn, that would be great as well.
This would be a good addition, but isn't he tied up with Kingsman 2 for the foreseeable future?

Which DC film would he be best for?

FYI -- There are reports of WB execs ramping down hard on Zac, so you know they're pissed. Don't ever f--- with Hollywood studios' money/revenue.

Last edited:
I just came back from watching Midnight Special and Jeff Nichols gets my vote dude is talented (Take Shelter, Mud, Midnight Special)

I just came back from watching Midnight Special and Jeff Nichols gets my vote dude is talented (Take Shelter, Mud, Midnight Special)
Agreed.

Also interesting is his "golden actor" is Michael Shannon, who was already Zod. Maybe Shannon puts in a good word for him?

Nichols has also worked with McConaugawd in Mud.  
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I think whether or not JL is good will depend on WB's executive leadership as opposed to Snyder, especially if they're being as reactive to the BvS fiasco as rumored

WW is good though, patty Jenkins has only done few films but she did direct Charlize Theron to a academy award in Monster and wide spread acclaim for her work.

David Ayer is great Fury, Street Kings, Havoc dude knows what he's doing with SS

WW is looking good so far. I don't really think SS will affect the business of their film universe. All of the mainline solo JL member films could possibly make or break it though.

If WB/DC could somehow get Matthew Vaughn, that would be great as well.

This would be a good addition, but isn't he tied up with Kingsman 2 for the foreseeable future?

Which DC film would he be best for?

Shazam or these guys.

015d608e_stolethecookies.jpeg

Been telling yall for months that a Booster Gold movie could be a classic :smh:

Have Battfleck be in the movie too as a member of the JL just talking **** like that episode of JLU.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom