DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

His Mad Max films are classics. He knows great visuals and setting a "tone", but I'm not entirely sure of his storytelling ability.

He's also a producer on JL.

I love his storytelling tbh. He doesn't spoon feed the audience with excessive exposition/dialogue, which im sure can throw some people off.

For example,

View media item 2127065
An image like that literally tells you everything you need to know about Furiosa and is way more effective than some 20 minute flashback imo

I love his storytelling tbh. He doesn't spoon feed the audience

HATE when they do this. Did we really need a camera to zoom in on the sword that Harley is gonna kill Enchantress with? Did we really need three scenes showing why Deadshot lives up to his name? Hate when the studio/director treats the audience as if we're brain dead.

I mean. I've seen the low standards thing myself. Not really into digging into all ur posts to see which movie it was for. But it was definitely in this thread...
Wait if he's talking about one of my posts then yes. I'm pretty sure I brought up the whole low standard thing in regards to BvS or some other trash movie.

The way it was worded made it seem like he was saying I was ignoring other ppl saying similar for SS on the side of the argument.

I definitely haven't done that for SS for obvious reasons.

But man, Its like you go outta your way not to like things sometimes. Like. Once the bad reviews started it was like confirmation to a group of folks that it wasn't worth seeing...like the posts go into such detail at times to give reasons why you shouldn't or don't want to see it.
:lol: I don't see the whole going out of my way to dislike something but I just expect more at this point. As far as confirmation and how others are reacting, at this point I expect a Snyder movie to be bad. Not necessarily a DC movie. I didn't really have expectations of SS in general despite the dark **** cloud of BvS. I let the trailers give me an idea of what to think. It at least got me to watch Assault on Arkham. In this thread I was saying I liked the BvS trailer more than SS and this I was looking forward to one movie over the other. I don't think that means I wanted to hate it. I didn't read a lot of SS comics and there is no cartoon so that sort of instilled favoritism wasn't there.

When the critics reviews came out all negative I was more like not again in my first post. I couldn't believe it cuz it was a different director coming off a few really good movies and what appears to be a completely different style and tone despite villains being the main characters.

What cemented me just deciding to wait for extended cut was everybody's reviews I'm reading. This screams a movie that I don't need to pay for or rush to see in general. Even ppl I don't agree with on movies disliked this :lol: The majority of ppl who did like it got the same things as far as cons.

I don't share that sentiment...I like to gain my own opinions...I'm also the "I'll try anything once" guy.

It's 5$ man. [emoji]128514[/emoji] go see a matinee and give it a try...
I'm not hating just to hate nor a follower. I will form my own opinion, when the ultimate cut comes out and failing that when it's on HBO next Feb.

But let's be honest...you already know you won't like it...seems like your mind been made up is really what I'm tryna get to.
I am. I haven't made my mind up about the movie. Don't care in that way to feel like DC totally ****** up the SS. I also think watching the ultimate cut instead of theatrical cut may be the way to go this time for me.
From the good things I did read about the movie I love Margot, Will, and Viola so I'm looking forward to that the most since it seems they're the main characters getting the most focus. I'm a huge fan of those 3.

I actually don't want to dislike this movie at all.

Me, I like pleasant surprises....just caught a gem this weekend that I've never given a chance cause of my preconceived notions. Turns out I like it..imagine that. (the Martian)
I don't got much invested in this franchise. So the ultimate cut will be a pleasant surprise. I'm not a try anything once kinda guy the way you are. In this context, I'm a it can wait guy. I'll wait for the uc of SS. The movie ain't going anywhere. I'll still post my review then.

From everybody's reactions it doesn't seem like I'm missing out on much. So hopefully when I do watch it I can say aww man I wish I watched it when it came out. Of I feel the opposite I'll probably give it a short review and rating :lol:

Saying you have low standards, or you wanted to hate the movie before watching it or that you forced yourself to like it IS similar because they're all forms of invalidating an opinion just cause it doesn't match yours.
I just explained that I'm not invalidating the opinion. I'm outright dismissing the poster altogether. Its my opinion that x person has bad taste for dislike these movies and/or for loving these movies.

I'm not creating an imaginary reason for why they liked the movie or hated it. I accept that they liked it or not. I just form my own opinion of them from there.

You're doing quite a bit of mental gymnastics in this post just to defend one side. I don't know how you don't see that.
Is it really mental gymnastics to say claiming ppl have a bias for a movie or entire studio or that they hated the movie before they saw it is not equivalent to saying your taste in movies and standard for what movies past muster is directly connected to what movies you like and don't like?

Is it really mental gymnastics to say claiming you have bias and hate movies before you see them is bull ****?

What side am I defending? I'm talking about ppl being unable to deal.with differing opinions. I think that's where you're confused and it's evident here:

You really REALLY think bias exists only on one side? That makes no sense.
This is your problem. I never said bias existed on either side. If you read my post and took from it that bias only exists on the side that you think I'm not on then you failed.

I'm not talking about bias. I'm talking about ppl bringing up made up bull **** reasons for why a person doesn't like a movie creating a situation where ppl can no longer just disagree. Now it's I didn't like it cuz I wanted to hate it. That's bull ****.

Saying you got bad taste or low standards ain't that. I'm not saying you liked the movie cuz you have low standards. I'm saying the pattern has revealed you have low standards, therefore it is no surprise that you liked the movie. Vise versa for bad taste.

Also you keep asking for quotes like you haven't read all 700 pages of this thread :lol: I know you've seent it
Could you point me in the right direction? I don't read every single post all the time :lol: Maybe I got this person blocked? Sometimes I just see certain posters on their bull **** and skip their whole post.

I still haven't read anybody say if you like SS you have low standards or have bad taste 8I Can the person who did just say they did?

Ain't like I've been arguing in here back and forth with ppl the past 10 days. I've just been posting, responding to links and articles or interesting post topics.

Last edited:
Watched this again over the weekend. Def worse on the 2nd watch :lol:. Caught some flaws in the plot & the editing. The end part with Deadshot and his daughter, theres a stain on her sweater during one part of the scene, then it disappeared the next part & reappeared right afterwards :x :rofl:. I still like the movie tho.

I NEED TO KNOW THE NAME OF THE GIRL NEXT TO IKE BARINHOLTZ (The Guard) character in the club. She looked good af to me lol

I mean. I've seen the low standards thing myself. Not really into digging into all ur posts to see which movie it was for. But it was definitely in this thread...
Wait if he's talking about one of my posts then yes. I'm pretty sure I brought up the whole low standard thing in regards to BvS or some other trash movie.

The way it was worded made it seem like he was saying I was ignoring other ppl saying similar for SS on the side of the argument.

I definitely haven't done that for SS for obvious reasons.

And real talk, I appreciate what you bring to these threads...I appreciate the "nerd-ness" you bring...it's knowledge. I dig it....

But man, Its like you go outta your way not to like things sometimes. Like. Once the bad reviews started it was like confirmation to a group of folks that it wasn't worth seeing...like the posts go into such detail at times to give reasons why you shouldn't or don't want to see it.
:lol: I don't see the whole going out of my way to dislike something but I just expect more at this point. As far as confirmation and how others are reacting, at this point I expect a Snyder movie to be bad. Not necessarily a DC movie. I didn't really have expectations of SS in general despite the dark **** cloud of BvS. I let the trailers give me an idea of what to think. It at least got me to watch Assault on Arkham. In this thread I was saying I liked the BvS trailer more than SS and this I was looking forward to one movie over the other. I don't think that means I wanted to hate it. I didn't read a lot of SS comics and there is no cartoon so that sort of instilled favoritism wasn't there.

When the critics reviews came out all negative I was more like not again in my first post. I couldn't believe it so.ply cuz it was a different director coming off a few really good movies and what appears to be a completely different style and tone despite villains being the main characters.

What cemented me just deciding to wait for extended cut was everybody's reviews I'm reading. This screams a movie that I don't need to pay for or rush to see in general. Even ppl I don't agree with on movies disliked this :lol: The majority of ppl who did like it got the same things as far as cons.

I don't share that sentiment...I like to gain my own opinions...I'm also the "I'll try anything once" guy.

It's 5$ man. [emoji]128514[/emoji] go see a matinee and give it a try...
I'm not hating just to hate nor a follower. I will form my own opinion, when the ultimate cut comes out and failing that when it's on HBO next Feb.

But let's be honest...you already know you won't like it...seems like your mind been made up is really what I'm tryna get to.
I am. I haven't made my mind up about the movie. Don't care in that way to feel like DC totally ducked up the SS. I also think watching the ultimate cut instead of theatrical cut may be the way to go this time for me.
From the good things I did read about the movie I love Margot, Will, and Viola so I'm looking forward to that the most since it seems they're the main characters getting the most focus. I'm a huge fan of those 3.

I actually don't want to dislike this movie at all.

Me, I like pleasant surprises....just caught a gem this weekend that I've never given a chance cause of my preconceived notions. Turns out I like it..imagine that. (the Martian)
I don't got much invested in this franchise. So the ultimate cut will be a pleasant surprise. I'm not a try anything once kinda guy the way you are. In this context, I'm a it can wait guy. I'll wait for the uc of SS. The movie ain't going anywhere. I'll still post my review then.

From everybody's reactions it doesn't seem like I'm missing out on much. So hopefully when I do watch it I can say aww man I wish I watched it when it came out. Of I feel the opposite I'll probably give it a short review and rating :lol:

Saying you have low standards, or you wanted to hate the movie before watching it or that you forced yourself to like it IS similar because they're all forms of invalidating an opinion just cause it doesn't match yours.
I just explained that I'm not invalidating the opinion. I'm outright dismissing the poster altogether. Its my opinion that x person has bad taste for dislike these movies and/or for loving these movies.

I'm not creating an imaginary reason for why they liked the movie or hated it. I accept that they liked it or not. I just form my own opinion of them from there.

You're doing quite a bit of mental gymnastics in this post just to defend one side. I don't know how you don't see that.
Is it really mental gymnastics to say claiming ppl have a bias for a movie or entire studio or that they hated the movie before they saw it is not equivalent to saying your taste in movies and standard for what movies past muster is directly connected to what movies you like and don't like?

Is it really mental gymnastics to say claiming you have bias and hate movies before you see them is bull ****?

What side am I defending? I'm talking about ppl being unable to deal.with differing opinions. I think that's where you're confused and it's evident here:

You really REALLY think bias exists only on one side? That makes no sense.
This is your problem. I never said bias existed on either side. If you read my post and took from it that bias only exists on the side that you think I'm not on then you failed.

I'm not talking about bias. I'm talking about ppl bringing up made up bull **** reasons for why a person doesn't like a movie creating a situation where ppl can no longer just disagree. Now it's I didn't like it cuz I wanted to hate it. That's bull ****.

Saying you got bad taste or low standards ain't that. I'm not saying you liked the movie cuz you have low standards. I'm saying the pattern has revealed you have low standards, therefore it is no surprise that you liked the movie. Vise versa for bad taste.

Also you keep asking for quotes like you haven't read all 700 pages of this thread :lol: I know you've seent it
Could you point me in the right direction? I don't read every single post all the time :lol: Maybe I got this person blocked? Sometimes I just see certain posters on their bull **** and skip their whole post.

I still haven't read anybody say if you like SS you have low standards or have bad taste 8I Can the person who did just say they did?

Ain't like I've been arguing in here back and forth with ppl the past 10 days. I've just been posting, responding to links and articles or interesting post topics.

Man, you've seen most of my opinions in the movie thread. We share a lot of the same tastes and maybe slightly disagree on only a few things. But believe me when I tell you, this movie was objectively awful. Def do not waste your hard earned money to see it in the theater. As Charles Barkley would say "turrible turrible, just turrible. Crazy ol knuckleheaded turrible movie."

Stain on the sweater????!?!?!??! :rofl:

Let's move on from SS people. Who's ready for Dr. Strange?

#TeamMarvel #Disneymoneylong

Last edited:
Stain on the sweater????!?!?!??! :rofl:

Let's move on from SS people. Who's ready for Dr. Strange?

#TeamMarvel #Disneymoneylong

Bruh if i had a screenshot, i woulda shown yall. Jawn had me crying when it disappeared & then my cousin told me it came back while i was laughing

Im still team DC tho. I grew up on DCs animated stuff

I love his storytelling tbh. He doesn't spoon feed the audience

HATE when they do this. Did we really need a camera to zoom in on the sword that Harley is gonna kill Enchantress with? Did we really need three scenes showing why Deadshot lives up to his name? Hate when the studio/director treats the audience as if we're brain dead.
It's been my experience that many are :lol:

Sheep.

Baaaaaaaah!

I dont read reviews or pay attenton to negative things ppl say about movies. If its a movie that I've been anticipating, then I'm gonna see for myself whether its good or bad. And this movie was just bad.

You and everyone else who liked the movie calling ppl sheeps cause they didnt like it? Who's the real sheep here..?

I dont read reviews or pay attenton to negative things ppl say about movies. If its a movie that I've been anticipating, then I'm gonna see for myself whether its good or bad. And this movie was just bad.

You and everyone else who liked the movie calling ppl sheeps cause they didnt like it? Who's the real sheep here..?
sheep....you are on RT too much. don't let them brainwash you bro

I was entertained.

6.5/8

elaine-benes-dancing.gif

Should have been rated R.

Beside that, pretty much what I expected. I'm convinced people just complain to complain, across all mediums, regarding all subjects.

saw Suicide Squad saturday

it was a very good movie

love the team chemistry between the cast

will margot and leto performed really well

jai courtney's acting was surprisingly not disappointing. dude was actually funny. i want him in the flash solo film.

cara delavigne's acting inexperience was evident at certain times. i felt that her character as enchantress was misused and could have a greater potential

viola davis was badass as amanda waller. she was the real villian lol.

love katana. i wanna see more of karen fukuhara. make a katana solo movie... do an origin story of her and her late husband, the yakuza, batman, rick flagg, amanda waller.

Should have been rated R.

Beside that, pretty much what I expected. I'm convinced people just complain to complain, across all mediums, regarding all subjects.

People are going to list what they like and dislike in reviews.

Back
Top Bottom