DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

View media item 2149010
I'll go ahead and say that this is the Superman a lot of fans wanted. The guy who had a specific oath against killing people and using excessive force agains tthem, the guy who, in the event that he had zero choice but to kill someone, was so devastated by it that he removed his own powers forever. Or something like Superman vs The Elite where his no-kill rule was deconstructed and criticized, yet at the end he still found a way to beat the bad guys without killing any of them.

He killed an evil bad guy who was going to mess up the planet. I have no problem with it. goku murks people all the time and no one cries about it. Was he supposed to knock out perfect cell too and put some kind of projector on him?

There's just so much wrong with this statement that I don't even know where to begin :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
So killing villains is wrong? I guess people hated what they did to doomsday too. Should've found a cage to house him instead.

You've missed the point, people's issue with what happened, and really might not understand Superman that well at all :lol: That's why this argument about the killing thing just repeats itself though. Same thing happens with Batman now that BvS happened where he killed all those mooks.

Last edited:

Deathstroke > the rest of the get ups so far.. Well WW's is close 2nd with the little more color for her solo film

Wish they took more that route with bats.. Considering they went that way with flash's

I get supes being out there in glorified spandex, but the human human need a lil more tactical wear.. Which would make giving flash's suit a lil more armour
Well Batman's does have some armor. He was shot in the head in BvS and shrugged it off, which i'd say is about right for him. Suit's also fireproof. Him having a suit like Flash does as his basic outfit would've been silly in my opinion and really it looks silly on Flash too. Bats also can't have too much armor and then be expected to still jump around all over the place, as his fighting style requires.
I'm not saying go full Nolan.. but they could have gone pretty close, with a little more unrealistic comic-y stuff.. if Nolan-verse suit is supposed to be close to a real world scenario as these things get

well allow this world to be gritty, but still have some realistic stuff in it.. kind like night owl, mixed with the comedian in watchmen.. have all kinds of gadgets packed in a sleek armor

with flash, I think they should go with a daredevil kind of approach.. have something that obviously doesn't hinder his movements and you have a brief reference to him finding some sort of light weight material or armor or soemthing

Last edited:
so where do you think the decision was made to have superman and batman kill in the DCEU? It had to be writers right? Like I don't think the writer of the movie wrote the final scene with superman knocking out zod and sending him to some corner of the multiverse and the director and actors were like "Nah, let's just snap his neck"

Same for batman, that had to be written into the chase scene and the warehouse scene.

so who gave it the ok? producers? director? writers just wrote it that way?

You've missed the point, people's issue with what happened, and really might not understand Superman that well at all
laugh.gif
That's why this argument about the killing thing just repeats itself though. Same thing happens with Batman now that BvS happened where he killed all those mooks.
my only issue with batman killing, is if you plan to do red hood eventual..

was annoying that Snyder tried to reference the source material to defend batman killing

so where do you think the decision was made to have superman and batman kill in the DCEU? It had to be writers right? Like I don't think the writer of the movie wrote the final scene with superman knocking out zod and sending him to some corner of the multiverse and the director and actors were like "Nah, let's just snap his neck"

Same for batman, that had to be written into the chase scene and the warehouse scene.

so who gave it the ok? producers? director? writers just wrote it that way?
Snyder

Snyder wanted him to kill Zod and then that would be the basis of his philosophy of never killing again

But then he blasted homie through a wall in BvS

Crazy thing is Supes could've been more upset that he killed the last of his race more than actually killing someone. I'm not upset at that like most people are but then again I dont care for Superman. Batman killing in BVS can't be explained tho. Robin died ten years ago according to Snyder. Alfred wouldve had to die to justify all that batmurdering he did. And :lol: at ya'll downplaying the impact of violence Supes and Batman had. Superman flying faster than the speed of whatever he flies at and spearing bruh through a stone wall is not going to just bresk his spine. That ***** is dead. Stop it people. Same thing for Batman punching someone's head in the concrete. Thats not to say the Batviolence wasn't awesome but if he gon kill he should stick with that in the way the movie has him killing

Last edited:
Still don't get the outrage behind the killing.

That was the first time Superman fought anyone that could match his strength. Makes sense that he wasn't able to hold back and save Zod.

Batman killing was meant to show how far gone he was at that point.

I didn't think Zod would fit in the DCeU if kept alive or outside the Phantom Zone.

Not like a Loki or a Magneto or an Ultron where he could be an awesome ongoing type of villain. Too powerful, capable of too much destruction at once

As for the costumes, DS is cool but I don't like the Flash one at all and would not want Batffleck's to be more like it either. Willshot showed you can still have that tactical gear costume and still look cool/good.

I wonder how much cgi will be in the Slade's costume looked mad shiny in that vid.

He killed an evil bad guy who was going to mess up the planet. I have no problem with it. goku murks people all the time and no one cries about it. Was he supposed to knock out perfect cell too and put some kind of projector on him?
Goku is not Superman and doesn't have the same values.

Goku also always asks his most evil opponents to go fight in desserted areas. Then after he beats them, he refuses to kill them, tells them to go get stronger so they can fight again. Sometimes he purposely takes the L and dies just so somebody else can get the W. He rarely kills them and when he does he wishes them back to life or to be reincarnated so he can then train them and have fun fighting them!

If Goku pulled what MOS Supes did he'd just be Bradock or Turles.
Still don't get the outrage behind the killing.

That was the first time Superman fought anyone that could match his strength. Makes sense that he wasn't able to hold back and save Zod.

Batman killing was meant to show how far gone he was at that point.
Superman didn't kill Zod by accident. What do you mean he wasn't able to hold back?

He made a conscious decision to murder dude.

It wasn't some rookie first time fighting oops I snapped ya neck thing b :lol:

Last edited:
As for the costumes, DS is cool but I don't like the Flash one at all and would not Batffleck's to be more like either. Willshot showed you can still have that tactical gear costume and still look cool/good.

I wonder how much cgi will be in the Spade costume.poked mad shiny in that vid.
deadshot's is a good example.. I don't get going tactical with some and not going tactical with all, which was my point of reference for flash's

an assault on arkham still suit would be perfect in my books for bats.. or go with stuff Snyder used in watchmen

well I shouldn't say go tactical with all, just a little odd to me that you would go tactical with some.. and batman would be the one that you didn't do that with (but he was trying to copy the dark knight returns)

Last edited:
I'm not saying go full Nolan.. but they could have gone pretty close, with a little more unrealistic comic-y stuff.. if Nolan-verse suit is supposed to be close to a real world scenario as these things get

well allow this world to be gritty, but still have some realistic stuff in it.. kind like night owl, mixed with the comedian in watchmen.. have all kinds of gadgets packed in a sleek armor

with flash, I think they should go with a daredevil kind of approach.. have something that obviously doesn't hinder his movements and you have a brief reference to him finding some sort of light weight material or armor or soemthing

So like Arkham Knight Batman?

View media item 2149496
Or is that too much like Nolan? Or worse than Nolan lol?

For Batman i've always liked the less is more approach. Make his suit look like it's just a costume, but have it be armored underneath, with him pulling various gadgets out of nowhere or his belt. I think it serves as a good contrast to a character like Deathstroke and that it would help him blend in better when he's being all sneaky and ****.

EDIT: I see you said above something like how he looked in Assault on Arkham

View media item 2149513
That could work. Far less armored than Slade, but still has visible protection.

You've missed the point, people's issue with what happened, and really might not understand Superman that well at all :lol: That's why this argument about the killing thing just repeats itself though. Same thing happens with Batman now that BvS happened where he killed all those mooks.

my only issue with batman killing, is if you plan to do red hood eventual..

was annoying that Snyder tried to reference the source material to defend batman killing

Snyder's argument defending Batman honestly made it sound like he didn't know that much about the character. :lol:

Personally, i'm fine with Superman killing in the DCEU and i'm fine with Batman killing in the DCEU, because the DCEU, for me, is just a side/alternate story to the comics and various animated films or shows. I place it at the very bottom of list of things that I care about as far as superheroes are concerned. I do understand why people might be upset though. Only issue I have with Batman killing is that you very quickly run into a hole in logic. As i've said before, you can't have Bruce Wayne gunning down Jack and Jill, but then he lets The Joker walk free. That doesn't make any sense. You could argue that you can't kill off Joker because of how important he is, which I can agree with. But in that case you just shouldn't have the character killing at all.

In comparison, Batman killed in the original set of films, but he was consistent about it and plain didn't give a damn. He killed Nicolson Joker, along with some of his mooks. He killed Penguins mooks and Penguin. He killed Two-Face and basically lobotomized Riddler. Only time he finally stopped was at Mr. Freeze, at which point the basic implication was that he'd grown sick of killing as he'd realized it didn't do anything to stop the darkness within him. Plus, he actually needed Freeze to cure that disease Alfred had.

As you also point out, Batman killing could cause issues in terms of what villains you might want to use down the line. One of his big issues with Red Hood is his killing, but that comes off as silly when he himself is out here smashing people into cars and **** :lol: Like actually watch that warehouse sequence from BvS. Almost all of those mooks are dead. For a fact, that guy whose neck he slammed into a crate is never opening his eyes again.

Last edited:

So like Arkham Knight Batman?

Or is that too much like Nolan? Or worse than Nolan lol?

For Batman i've always liked the less is more approach. Make his suit look like it's just a costume, but have it be armored underneath, with him pulling various gadgets out of nowhere or his belt. I think it serves as a good contrast to a character like Deathstroke and that it would help him blend in better when he's being all sneaky and ****.

EDIT: I see you said above something like how he looked in Assault on Arkham

That could work. Far less armored than Slade, but still has visible protection.
yup.. exactly what I'm talking about.. where they're taking more liberties than Nolan, because the universe has a lot more going on and isn't as grounded
Snyder's argument defending Batman honestly made it sound like he didn't know that much about the character.
laugh.gif

Personally, i'm fine with Superman killing in the DCEU and i'm fine with Batman killing in the DCEU, because the DCEU, for me, is just a side/alternate story to the comics and various animated films or shows. I place it at the very bottom of list of things that I care about as far as superheroes are concerned. I do understand why people might be upset though. Only issue I have with Batman killing is that you very quickly run into a hole in logic. As i've said before, you can't have Bruce Wayne gunning down Jack and Jill, but then he lets The Joker walk free. That doesn't make any sense. You could argue that you can't kill off Joker because of how important he is, which I can agree with. But in that case you just shouldn't have the character killing at all.

In comparison, Batman killed in the original set of films, but he was consistent about it and plain didn't give a damn. He killed Nicolson Joker, along with some of his mooks. He killed Penguins mooks and Penguin. He killed Two-Face and basically lobotomized Riddler. Only time he finally stopped was at Mr. Freeze, at which point the basic implication was that he'd grown sick of killing as he'd realized it didn't do anything to stop the darkness within him. Plus, he actually needed Freeze to cure that disease Alfred had.

As you also point out, Batman killing could cause issues in terms of what villains you might want to use down the line. One of his big issues with Red Hood is his killing, but that comes off as silly when he himself is out here smashing people into cars and ****
laugh.gif
Like actually watch that warehouse sequence from BvS. Almost all of those mooks are dead. For a fact, that guy whose neck he slammed into a crate is never opening his eyes again.
I mean you can still do red hood.. but you just cant do that aspect of the story.. no clue what batman's problem would be with him then, since he's doing the same thing as him

maybe the character just exists without there being conflict between them

but I want them to follow what they're doing with the animated movies, where you have nightwing out there doing his thing.. then bruce finds out about damian and he eventually becomes the new robin (could use that whole story with deathstroke attacking the league of shadows from that animated movie.. but I don't want them to kill off ras)

Last edited:
I don't want them to follow the animated films where Nightwings get disrespected every time he is on screen.

Back
Top Bottom