DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

we critiquing fictional sharks bodies in here now...

giphy.gif

I see DC is leaning into their cinematic universe being considered a joke and told Gunn to go just wild with the house money.

That King Shark CGI was absolutely atrocious. And I really hope this is the last we see of Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn. Her cringey and trash portrayal is on par with Jennifer Lawrence’s Mystique.

Aye that ss2 trailer got me so pumped. Basically rated R GotG, no disney reigns. Shimmy taunt.

After feasting on Synder Cut greatness, if ss2 only comes within 70 yards of SC greatness, i’ll take it as a sign of future success. WB will finally be entering the right coordinates on their ship and realize they can steer towards their new found potential. Can’t wait.:pimp:

WISH DC WOULD JUST CONTINUE WITH THE SNYDER VERSE
if dc wants to make a UNIVERSE, just continue with the **** show Snyder made so far, GO DOWN WITH THE SHIP
JOSS WHEDON DIRECTED THE FIRST 2 AVENGERS, WE ALL SAW THE MESS HE MADE WITH JL

y’all expected James Gunn to be different , idk man after watching that trailer, OG SS looking pretty good now 😂

I mean DC...I mean Warner Bros decided to hire Joss Whedon. They knew what they were doing.

The first step is to admit there’s a problem. The problem is Warner Bros. Trash movie studios like Sony, Fox and Warner Bros roll the dice. Some might hate the formula...but at least there’s consistency with Disney/Marvel. And it’s delivered a few gems like Infinity War, Love and Thunder, Iron Man, Avengers, etc.

Lol that's convenient but there was a lot of sh that happened to black people starting from 1918. Ol girl didn't help out during the Tulsa riots, civil rights, Jim crow. She should know better cause a lot of black Amazons are depicted in the movies.
The meme specifically said , slavery.

However, the idea that there all of these superheroes around and horrible things are allowed to happen is an issue that plagues all of their stories.

Black Panther addressed this issue, but it was still jacked up that Wakanda sat back and let millions of Africans be stolen into cross Atlantic slavery.

This is one of the issues I have with that dumb *** ending to Lovecraft Country. So, Black people have magic, but all these horrible things will continue to happen to us? What kind of magic is that?

I’m a Black woman, ain’t nothing convenient about that.

Wild how Suicide Squad went from demon witch goddess to mind controlling alien in the next one :lol:

This is really not what they do.

Last edited:

However, the idea that there all of these superheroes around and horrible things are allowed to happen is an issue that plagues all of their stories.

Black Panther addressed this issue, but it was still jacked up that Wakanda sat back and let millions of Africans be stolen into cross Atlantic slavery.

This is one of the issues I have with that dumb *** ending to Lovecraft Country. So, Black people have magic, but all these horrible things will continue to happen to us? What kind of magic is that?

lovecraft isn’t a good example, because we don’t know how the history of that world will play out after the ending we saw

alot of things could have changed

WW in BVS says “hundred years ago I walked away from mankind; from a century of horrors... Men made a world where standing together is impossible.”

lovecraft isn’t a good example, because we don’t know how the history of that world will play out after the ending we saw

alot of things could have changed

WW in BVS says “hundred years ago I walked away from mankind; from a century of horrors... Men made a world where standing together is impossible.”

And then they made a whole movie set in 1984. Clearly, DCEU isn’t big on continuity.....

It’s a cool line, but it writes Diana into a corner and does make her look like a selfish a-hole.

And then they made a whole movie set in 1984. Clearly, DCEU isn’t big on continuity.....

It’s a cool line, but it writes Diana into a corner and does make her look like a selfish a-hole.

because snyder is dumb

there are many aspects of BVS that are just dumb

i get if stuff gets done for certain reasons.. but none of it made sense

Why would people want snyder to do anything other than be in charge of action scenes and some art direction minus putting a gray / dark color palette on everything. Keep him away from any kind of writing. pa kent choosing to get killed by a tornado, casting eisenberg as lex, and “martha” are some of the dumbest things ever in a comic book movie.

Why would people want snyder to do anything other than be in charge of action scenes and some art direction minus putting a gray / dark color palette on everything. Keep him away from any kind of writing. pa kent choosing to get killed by a tornado, casting eisenberg as lex, and “martha” are some of the dumbest things ever in a comic book movie.
I've just come to accept as depressing as it is that there are ppl, a lot of ppl at that, who just have terrible **** taste. They're in to poor storytelling. That's what they like, that's they're thing. The more garbage the more they'll back it and be dedicated to seeing more of it.

And then there are those who don't give a **** about story at all. They can look directly at trash and ignore and dismiss it for w/e cool thing going on that they really do like. Storytelling doesn't matter to them in the least. So it's easy for them to lie about it, say its good.

I take it that LC is in an alternate timeline where none of that bs is happening after the ending of the show.

i liked the trailer but i also like the trailer for the 1st one so
the jokes just seemed bland.

because snyder is dumb

there are many aspects of BVS that are just dumb

i get if stuff gets done for certain reasons.. but none of it made sense
The continuity issue squarely falls on Patty Jenkins shoulders.

Because she introduced Diana in 1984 it opens up Pandora’s Box regarding her lack of involvement between the war and the early 80s, as well as her lack of involvement between the end of WW84 and Doomsday.

Understanding where WW was during the MOS fights is now Patty’s burden to bear, which she a) clearly didn’t think about or b) just didn’t give a **** about explaining to the masses.

Wonder Woman jumps at the opportunity to run down petty thieves in a mall in ‘84 but puts up an OOO during Zod announcing to the world he was gonna burn that **** down till he found Kal-El? **** outta here.

The continuity issue squarely falls on Patty Jenkins shoulders.

Because she introduced Diana in 1984 it opens up Pandora’s Box regarding her lack of involvement between the war and the early 80s, as well as her lack of involvement between the end of WW84 and Doomsday.

Understanding where WW was during the MOS fights is now Patty’s burden to bear, which she a) clearly didn’t think about or b) just didn’t give a **** about explaining to the masses.

Wonder Woman jumps at the opportunity to run down petty thieves in a mall in ‘84 but puts up an OOO during Zod announcing to the world he was gonna burn that **** down till he found Kal-El? **** outta here.
That ain’t on Patty. That **** falls on WB for continuously throwing things at a wall and not having any sort of beginning-middle-end to their DC storyline.

This is similar to Star Wars ep. 7-9, they let each director tell their story without any kind of long term vision. JJ Abrams literally came in the game on the 4th quarter and decided Rey is a descendent of Palpetine.

edit: I still blame Rian Johnson for episode 8 tho :lol: AND for putting JJ in a situation to fix that ****. Not sure if JJ would have delivered otherwise, but he got dealt a bad hand.

Back
Top Bottom