DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

2828CA08-60DD-4E4D-B602-BFD94EA5D2FA.jpeg

I’m surprised they went with that plot :lol: That + the runtime will make this one polarizing.

Very….. ambitious plot, to say the least.

That post credit scene tho :wow:

Last edited:
Just finished watching The Batman.

It's a solid film, but it could've been trimmed a bit.

All of the performances were great.

Unlike most superhero/comic book films where the third act falls apart, this film avoids that.

There's a post-credits scene, but it's a complete troll job. :lol:

Towards the end of the film, the Joker (played by Barry Keoghan) gets teased for the sequel.

Last edited:
Who were the ones that said Batman Returns was on par with Batman Begins?

I'm watching Returns right now.......this is not holding up well.

damn :pimp:

Battinson = GOAT
hope they dont change his suit

Collin as Penguin :lol:

Paul Dano gets smack in other movies but not by Bats lol

Last edited:
Other thoughts:

Matt Reeves and Co. were definitely filming for an R rating initially. There's a few moments that get edited out or go out of focus to keep it PG-13.

Colin Farrell is completely unrecognizable as the Penguin.

As solid as this film was, I still think The Dark Knight is the best Batman film.

Saw it last night, can’t wait to see it again.

Hard to compare it to TDK because even though both are grounded and gritty, they felt like completely different genre’s. TDK is more like Heat and The Batman is more like Se7en. Which is “better,” really depends on which version of Bats you like best.

Length of the film wasn’t a problem fatigue-wise because you’re invested the whole 3 hours.

Lots of other random thoughts I’ll post later, but the praise it’s received thus far is well earned.

Other thoughts:

Matt Reeves and Co. were definitely filming for an R rating initially. There's a few moments that get edited out or go out of focus to keep it PG-13.

Colin Farrell is completely unrecognizable as the Penguin.

As solid as this film was, I still think The Dark Knight is the best Batman film.
Do you think it is better than Batman Begins?

i think it better than begins but id still rank tdk on top

the back and forth between bats and joker and who is ahead is just done too well and i think cinematography is a wash

this was more of a bat flick while tdk can be argued is a joker flick

in the batman - pattinson > bale
in tdk - ledger > dano

Back
Top Bottom