DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Saw it last night, can’t wait to see it again.

Hard to compare it to TDK because even though both are grounded and gritty, they felt like completely different genre’s. TDK is more like Heat and The Batman is more like Se7en. Which is “better,” really depends on which version of Bats you like best.

Length of the film wasn’t a problem fatigue-wise because you’re invested the whole 3 hours.

Lots of other random thoughts I’ll post later, but the praise it’s received thus far is well earned.

You bring up a good point about how this movie felt…It was obviously grounded but something just makes it off center, in a good way, if that makes any sense…

i also got to commend the music on the film, it was amazing and riveting which helps the movies pacing

and there were a few times there where i swore i heard a note or two from the animated series

Gimme a Mr. Freeze show. A legit one to make everyone forget about Arnold's version:lol:

1646250539206.gif

After hearing all the great reviews I'm pretty pumped to see this tomorrow night. Will definitely use the restroom 5 or so mins before trailers wrap up lol.

Wow, a illmaticsoulchild illmaticsoulchild sighting. Still remember the thread leading up to TDK back in the day.
Those were good times.

i think it better than begins but id still rank tdk on top

the back and forth between bats and joker and who is ahead is just done too well and i think cinematography is a wash

this was more of a bat flick while tdk can be argued is a joker flick

in the batman - pattinson > bale
in tdk - ledger > dano
Agree with all of this, but I have a soft spot for Begins because it really re-ignited my interest in the Batman movie franchise. Also thought that the possible sequel "setup" for Begins was better because it was so subtle yet effective.

And although the detective scenes in the film were the best I've seen in a Batman film, the set pieces weren't as strong as Nolan or Snyder's.

Just a reminder, if you need to use the bathroom, go during the funeral scene (about 3 minutes, posted on YT). I'm convinced that's the only reason WB posted it online lol

i also got to commend the music on the film, it was amazing and riveting which helps the movies pacing

and there were a few times there where i swore i heard a note or two from the animated series
That batman theme was soundin like a trap beat in the theaters. And everytime it hit you know he was about to do work.

Last edited:
i can honestly say ive never seen a movie with intermission

:lol:

but i was ready for this film and when it hit 7pm they bust put with that 8min countdown and i keep going back and forth if i should run out and pee again or just wait, decide to stay… longest 8min ever :lol:

A3C824A5-ED47-4E45-8A54-102552934110.jpeg

Trailers being 30 mins before movies now don't help the I gotta go to the bathroom crowd I'm sure.

Couldn't get together with my brothers with our schedules to see it together. So I'm going solo 1045 tomorrow night after work

Trailers being 30 mins before movies now don't help the I gotta go to the bathroom crowd I'm sure.
For real. I used to always get a seat close to the end so I can sneak out for the bathroom. Even with basically dehydrating myself before the movie, I still am holding it by the end

Wow. Batman meets David Fincher's Se7en, loved it. A cerebral true detective noir film. 1989's Batman was the first movie I saw in theaters in NYC so I'm a Batman fanatic, still remembering the fear in the city from criminals slicing people with the Joker smile.

The score, the wardrobe, cinematography, the mix of NYC\Chicago set design, detective focused, no fast-editing during action scenes, the narrating gave it a true comic book feel like Spiderman Into the Spiderverse. It was like a graphic novel on screen. This adaptation lacks the plot holes & choppy scenes from Christopher Nolan's versions, which made the 3 hour movie easy to follow. My son loved it, he called it "cinema". I could have done another hour, such an authentic Batman. He was a detective, he was scary, he used fear, didn't kill, and drove a bad *** car. It embraced him as a detective more than any film before it, not just an enforcer of "justice". Batman and Gordon felt like true partners like the comic books, so many of Gordon's scenes reminded me of Morgan Freeman in Se7en

That Penguin car chase scene and when the beat drops:smokin

Give Colin Farrel his flowers, my God

My one gripe was the lack of a Jim Carrey cameo.

I'm sure everyone not my age will say it's tough to beat The Dark Knight, and that's ok

Last edited:
I liked it but i didn't LOVE it. I definitely wanna see it again but i can probably wait til the HBO max release

I will say that the pacing was great. 3 hour movie and i barely felt it. Which is low key strange because it wasn't really action packed. Great performances throughout too.

Never really paid attention to Zoe Kravitz before this. I should start.

Detective Batman in full effect

Loved the music all throughout the film. Especially in the beginning when they were teasing Batman and the first appearance of Catwoman

Loved how they got straight into the plot. All the actors were great in their roles. Pattinson as Brucr I’m still not all the in for yet

Great plot all throughout.

9.5 / 10

Back
Top Bottom