DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

1646511968829.jpeg

my favorite part about the movie and i don’t even know if i’m describing it correctly…

was how real batman was.

everyone looked at him like a ****in weirdo dressed as a bat walking into a crime scene

which is funny because that’s how we kind of should always feel watching a batman movie but we don’t.

we usually just sit there like everyone else in the scene, perfectly ok with a middle aged 6 foot man dressed as a bat lol

this was the first time where i actually felt batman to be the weirdo he’s usually referred to as with words (“bat freak”) but this time with acting and emotion to back it up.
Love this as well. Like it was awkward seeing him with the cops and him knockin at the club:rofl:

Still hat the cowl. Hopefully next film makes It better. I’ll forgive this one since it’s rookie Bats.

Was worried it was going to be a bit too long, but i was engaged and entwrtained from start to finish. Would normally watch this in dolby or imax, but went with a smaller theater.

I skipped Imax and didn’t feel like I was missing anything - Although Dolby may have cancelled out the snoring noises from the Boomers that dozed off behind me :lol:

That’s exactly why I asked. Article was suggested to me on FB but I wasn’t trying to click that and everybody was saying they were wildin’ for that article. All I was looking for was just a yes or no in the comments and no luck, so I asked here:lol:
For all movies where you wonder if there's a mid or after credit scene go here:

Public figures living a double life, crime in big cities, social media influence, mass shootings. :smh:

Felt almost too spot on.

Sometimes I’m in the mood for a film like Spiderman No Way Home where I can just escape reality and enjoy something that makes me feel like a kid, but then I can also have a giant appreciation for a film like The Batman that does such a great job of not only bringing the character/story to life in a way we haven’t seen on film before, but also mirrors our society in such a bleak/ironic way.

Really hoping for a sequel.

Last edited:
Fantastic film! Strong performance from everyone involved, especially on the technical side as it has already been mentioned. Cast and crew did their thing during the pandemic is much, much appreciated! I loved the look and sound of the film. I did start feeling the 3 hour length, but that's probably because I needed to use the restroom in the last 30-40mins lol.

Something that I noticed is that this is the first time in awhile where Batman actually helped the general public. There's a poignant moment near the end where you can see this and that was cool to see.

I like the fact that Jay Lycurguo, Tim Drake in Titans played a gang member in the movie. I believe did the movie role before he was casted as Tim Drake.

Back
Top Bottom