DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Discussion? You just told me how I would review a film, or performance.
No. I simply brought up what you usually do and have been doing since MOS dropped 2-3 years ago :lol:

Read that ******* sentence again.

You truly don't even know what it is you're arguing, you just think you do.
Here we go :lol:

I'm not entertaining this old man you're confused telling me I'm confused shtick again.

If you really think I don't know what I'm talking about lets leave it at that, eh?

Do you have any other reviews where I say film X is better because it's just the newest version? No? Oh.
You've been constantly repeating that with MOS since MOS came out. Constantly. Any time it's brought up. I don't think there exists a MOS post by you where you're not bringing that up.

Every praise for it starts or ends with that.
But I'm gonna do that with Bale/Kilmer/Clooney cuz of one movie that I used prior examples.

Thank you for telling me how I would write my own review on somethin.
You've yet to say anything about Bale as Batman.

Going by your sarcastic posts bringing up George Clooney, I see you simply can't take it when it's dished back to you can you? :lol:

I'll let you get back to spinnin out of the argument you got with RFX now so you can finish prejudging a film you won't see for 6 weeks.
You're not reading AND comprehending CP.

If that's what you really got from my replies to RFX about the rumors posted you might as well sit it out cuz you don't know what you're talking about despite it being right there to read and re-read.
I'ma start working on my Avengers 3 review for 2018, wanna make sure I get everything down ahead of time. :pimp:
You can't weave in and out of sarcasm and expect to not get the same with hyperbole to match.

It's perfectly normal for people to have expectations going into a movie, bad or good.

Never understood why people go into movies looking for reasons to hate it though. I guess it's just to be different?
Thing is while CP would want it to be that way, I don't think the ppl who don't like MOS came in to it looking for reasons to hate it.

I don't know why but there's this lie going that it's NTers that are looking for reasons to hate MOS. Back up out of NT for a sec and look at the reviews and reactions. It's not critically acclaimed, it's definitely not loved by all Superman fans, it's not even loved by all fans of comic book movies but hey you let some tell it only NTers look for reasons to dislike it, same for the rest of DC movies.

I get that for some NT is where they go for everything but this thin skin when it comes to this topic of expectations for DC movies and the opinions of the movies they've already released lets me know on any other forum some of yall would've already lost your mind by the much more scathing and thorough critiques of the studio and their movies.

Last edited:
Son of Batman was trash

It really was though. Terrible way for DC to start off a new set of Batman animated films. :smh: Thank the Lord that the Justice League films were solid in comparison.

Avengers was half of a good movie

Iron man 1 was maybe 1/3 of a good movie

Thor, Iron Man 2-3, First Avenger, Thor Dark World, Age of Ultron are all garbage tier

I don't even remember winter soldier

Guardians of the Galaxy is forgettable at best

Deadpool was ok

MoS was the best Dragonballz movie I've ever seen

Batman Begins should've been a prequel to Taken and focused on Liam Neesons more. Maybe then it wouldn't be so dull

TDK is god tier

TDKR was good until Nolan went full ******

I'm over this whole comic book movie thing

I'll be honest with you man. Comic book movies, based off of these reviews, just aren't your thing to begin with.
Man... Snyder should do a DBZ movie. I'd pay for that as long as he uses the right color palette.

Anime doesn't translate well to live action film.

^I think he's saying that based off of Snyder's style and the action scenes in MOS, Watchmen, 300, specifically MOS cuz of all the aerial fighting and eye beams.

I can't disagree. DBZ story wise isn't all that complicated and pretty simple and straightforward. It'd be a feat to **** it up by a director that at least has command of some parts of film making.

As for the animated movies is Bad Blood any good? I watched Flashpoint and was thinking of watching more but I don't care for Robins at all and passed when I read the summaries for Son of Batman and that other one. Rather stick with Batman, and the rest of the JL or other DC characters although I doubt there are movies for them yet.

Last edited:
That's a can of worms.

Asian mangakas (writers/artists) for more of the mainstream manga have all tapped in to this make their characters look like white Europeans style despite all of the Asian culture and references. For the most part, historically the characters look nothing like Asians. I don't know why exactly.

The way they talk about the characters especially if the setting is in Japan or somewhere else in Asia is that they are Asians despite appearance. If they're from fictional places it's up for grabs.

DBZ is a pretty different Earth but usually I know a lot of fans from the west assumed a live action adaption would mean Asian actors but the first movie adaption didn't do that. That obviously plays in to what Hollywood likes to do. The characters in DBZ seem Asian just off names of some but it's still hard to call (given many are just named after vegetables).

I'd say no for the most part given half the cast are aliens, then there's a guy with no nose, an albino, and a dude with 3 eyes. Plus talking animals. Oh and the token dark as night magical negro sambo looking black butler.

^I think he's saying that based off of Snyder's style and the action scenes in MOS, Watchmen, 300, specifically MOS cuz of all the aerial fighting and eye beams.

I can't disagree. DBZ story wise isn't allt hat complicated and pretty simple and straightforward. It'd be a feat to **** it up by a director that at least has command of some parts of film making.

As for the animated movies is Bad Blood any good? I watched Flashpoint and was thinking of watching more but I don't care for Robins at all and passed when I read the summaries for Son of Batman and that other one. Rather stick with Batman, and the rest of the JL or other DC characters although I doubt there are movies for them yet.

Bad Blood, in my opinion, was the first solid Batman animated film that we've had in years. At the same time though, if you're not a fan of Robins then how do you feel about Batman's other allies? Because these films aren't like Mask of the Phantasm. Batman's allies have a very real presence in the film and Bad Blood is specifically written around the concept of him gaining two new allies, besides Nightwing and Robin (Both of whom were in Son of Batman and Batman vs Robin respectively). I think that the overall writing that Robin (Damian Wayne) has received in these films so far has been straight trash and that a large reason for why the previous two were so bad is that they took comic book stories that were focused around Batman and basically altered them to give Damian an equal, and arguably greater, amount of attention. One of the main reasons i've seen people praising Bad Blood is that it focuses on Robin far less than its prequels.

But yeah, if you're not a fan of the "Bat Family" then Son of Batman, Batman vs Robin, and Bad Blood aren't really for you. You've still got Batman there in each one, but the focus isn't all on him. I'd instead suggest the Justice League films they've been coming out with if you like those characters anyways. They've actually got a Justice League/Teen Titans film scheduled for release next month. Robin's in it obviously, but with the Leage and the Titans you'll be getting a lot of other characters as well. For the Justice League, i'd recommend War. It was the first film they released for this new combined universe they've been working on. The sequel, Throne of Atlantis was also decent, but not great in my opinion. If you're trying to go back even further and haven't seen them yet i'd suggest both JLA Crisis on Two Earths and JLA Doom. Those were both great standalones. In fact, from that standalone era i'd also suggest Superman vs the Elite too. Not even a major fan of Superman, but I liked it. Tempted to go watch it now in fact since I haven't seen it in a while lol there's also Justice League Gods and Monsters, a recent alternative universe film that came out, which was excellent.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw some Bad Blood screen pics of Robin, Nightwing, etc. being in it and I didn't particularly care to watch. If it was just Batwoman I would've been fine. It really depends on the Bat allies but it sounds this is more an ensemble flick than Batman on some mission and coming across all these ppl along the way kind of story.

I'll check out War.

Saw the old ones already like Doom and Crisis. Saw Elite too. I aint that far behind :lol:

nightwing has a top 5 DC costume 

blue and black 
pimp.gif

finished young justice

7.5/8

both seasons took a bit of warming up but finished off super strong

great storytelling

nightwing has a top 5 DC costume 

blue and black :pimp:

finished young justice

7.5/8

both seasons took a bit of warming up but finished off super strong

great storytelling
Season one was great but I was never a fan of how they started season 2. The random time skip and new roster. It kinda invalidated everything that was worked toward in S1 IMO. It still turned out to be solid and had some interesting arcs before getting cancelled

I still wonder where they would've gone with it next? I'm guessing they would've had to bring Wally back wherever he was at and maybe do some infinite crisis stuff and kill off superboy

Yah I don't like it, plus you would think Waller would recognize Bruces adopted kid.

Last edited:
Yeah, well the whole idea of Grayson becoming a spy, traveling around the world with his face being seen but never being recognized as Bruce's ward/adopted son while he's also suppose to be dead isn't any dumber.

Haven't really read it so I have no idea what is going on, all I know is that he is a spy, no idea if he is going about it James Bond style and just flaunting all over the world :lol:

Yeah, well the whole idea of Grayson becoming a spy, traveling around the world with his face being seen but never being recognized as Bruce's ward/adopted son while he's also suppose to be dead isn't any dumber.
He isn't the spy's for the agency he works for (Spyral) has some face altering technology called Hypnos and something else that alters the users face so he's in disguise

^Yep. What's really dumb is that after **** Grayson was outed as Nightwing people around the world couldn't figure out that Bruce Wayne is Batman. :smh:

^Yep. What's really dumb is that after **** Grayson was outed as Nightwing people around the world couldn't figure out that Bruce Wayne is Batman.
mean.gif
Agreed, wasn't it publicized that Bruce took Grayson in after his parents died?

Last edited:
^Yep. What's really dumb is that after **** Grayson was outed as Nightwing people around the world couldn't figure out that Bruce Wayne is Batman. :smh:

Yep. It's a well-known fact that **** Grayson is Bruce Wayne's ward/adopted son. Bruce has family photo's of them, and the other "Robin's", together in his freaking house. They appear together in the public on a regular basis and depending on the universe **** Grayson even has a stock in the Wayne Company and partial control in the event of Bruce's death. It should honestly be impossible to Google "Richard/**** Grayson" and not have Bruce Wayne instantly pop up as his guardian. :lol: Especially with the highly publicized nature of ****'s parents dying and the publicity then involved in Bruce taking him in.

Last edited:

^Yep. What's really dumb is that after **** Grayson was outed as Nightwing people around the world couldn't figure out that Bruce Wayne is Batman.
mean.gif
Yep. It's a well-known fact that **** Grayson is Bruce Wayne's ward/adopted son. Bruce has family photo's of them, and the other "Robin's", together in his freaking house. They appear together in the public on a regular basis and depending on the universe **** Grayson even has a stock in the Wayne Company and partial control in the event of Bruce's death. It should honestly be impossible to Google "Richard/**** Grayson" and not have Bruce Wayne instantly pop up as his guardian.
laugh.gif
Especially with the highly publicized nature of ****'s death and the publicity then involved in Bruce taking him in.
In that universe, everyone is clueless.
laugh.gif

:rofl:

According To Computer Scientists, BATMAN v SUPERMAN Only Has A 32% Chance Of Making A Profit

Is someone at Marvel financing a secret smear campaign against Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice? It's hard to believe any of this negativity is going to have an impact on a movie which pits the Caped Crusader against the Man of Steel, but the latest baffling story to emerge is in regards to computer scientists who have come up with a way of figuring out how likely it is that a movie will reach profitability.

By using data they've compiled from 2506 movies released between 2000 - 2010, their program analyses everything from the budget to cast and release date to figure out just how likely it is that a movie will turn a profit of at least $7.3 million at the box office, a number they believe studios need in order to be happy with their investment. In the case of Batman v Superman, it stands only a 32% chance of becoming profitable next month.

Michael Lash, a PhD student who helped conduct the experiment attempted to justify that by stating that, "Movies that sell better at the box office may also need bigger investments. Thus they do not necessarily provide satisfactory returns for investors." That's all well and good, but there are a lot of problems here.

For starters, they're using data from BEFORE superhero movies took off in a big way (just look at how Ant-Man, Deadpool, and Guardians of the Galaxy have performed in recent years), and are failing to take into account things like word of mouth and marketing. As a result, of all the reasons you might have to worry about Batman v Superman not being a hit, the findings from this computer program probably shouldn't be one of them...

Back
Top Bottom