DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

‘Titans’: Esai Morales Joins DC Universe As Deathstroke

The Titans just made a killer cast addition: Esai Morales will portray Deathstroke, the fan-favorite assassin and archenemy of Teen Titans leader **** Grayson.

The Titans, the first original programming franchise for the DC Universe subscription steaming site, launched in September and finished its first season in December. The weekly show follows the superhero squad that’s led by Batman’s former sidekick, Robin, aka **** Grayson (Brenton Thwaites), and includes the hot-tempered alien princess Starfire (Anna Diop), the mysterious empath Raven (Teagan Croft), and the green-skinned shape-shifter Beast Boy (Ryan Potter).

That Titans line-up of characters was introduced with much fanfare in the pages of DC Comics back in 1980. The team, created by Marv Wolfman and George Perez, didn’t have to wait long to find their signature antagonist: Deathstroke the Terminator was introduced in issue No. 2 of The New Teen Titans in December 1980.

The character bio from the show’s producers: “Slade Wilson is known for being DC’s deadliest assassin. While serving his country, Slade became an elite soldier before government testing enhanced his physiology to near superhuman levels, putting him on a path of darkness and revenge. To his family, Slade is a father and husband, but to the rest of the world, he is feared by many as the infamous Deathstroke; selling his services to the highest bidder as the ruthless assassin that never gives up and never misses.”

esai-morales.jpeg

Interesting. I assume he’ll be sporting a strong goatee which is more accurately called a circle beard.

Surprised early Access tickets aren't sold out near me
I feel like cuz they're afraid of failure DC has kinda undersold and not promoted Shazam as much as they could've. Going for that we'll see how it goes approach.

But then again I feel for as old as the character is Shazam isn't that prominent of a hero in DC comics either.

Esai Morales was in the 1983 film Bad Boys, where he plays a juvenile delinquent and is rivals with Sean Penn.

im not to be fooled on early reviews for anything, will wait till after the initial hype to die down...ESPECIALLY since its a DC film, I aint throwing my money at DC with the confidence I do with Marvel...lol not even close.

Yo Sandberg is a PoS for claiming there wasn’t a scene of a kid playing with a Batman and Superman figure while humming the John Williams theme after leakers got to the film some weeks back :lol:

Shazam’s OW box office tracking.....yikes

$40m opening is good for it considering its competition (pet semetary - projected $30m opening) not to mention it has advance screening next week

if the reviews are mostly positive, that projections bound to go up a bit

lets be honest

shazam wasnt making big money. its ****ing shazam nobody know who that is but shazam fans

Back
Top Bottom